Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
jok
Mini-Con
Possible ripoff with one of the members here

For obvious reasons, I will not be disclosing any personal information yet. I know I'm a new member but a long time troller.I also do some business with Spyros.

Anyway, the story is; I posted a bunch of my stuff on kijiji and the buyer came tonight at around 8pm. He wanted to get hot rod and several of my toys. Long story short I gave him individual prices which total up to 425. Since I was doing math in my head, I missed one item and gave him a total of 315. He then asked for a multiple discount, Ok, I gave him $300. These are for 3 materpieces and 4 other hasbro lines. pretty good deal at 425.

We shared a couple of stories, drove him to the bank to get money (his companion followed us in their car), offered a cigarette and everything was fine.

I got home and something was bugging my mind. It turns out that I did give him the wrong total so I texted and called him. no phone call answer but replied with a text saying a deal is a deal and he thought I was giving him specially good deal because he was getting lots. I told him from 425 down to 300 is not a good deal, it's an honest mistake. he then told me to call tomorrow.

I am still hoping that I can get the missing $100 and appealing to his honesty.

Let me know your thoughts? and possible course of action if things go awry. thanks everyone
Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: Possible ripoff with one of the members here

Sorry but you made the mistake, so really you should just hope he wants to give you the $100. If not then he really has no obligation to do anything.
Shitty deal for you man.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Yeah. It was your fault. Got to suck it up. Learn from your mistake.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
juxtapose519
Robot Master

I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with the buyer on this one. You can't agree on a price, take his money, and then claim that he ripped you off.

I wouldn't even say that he was being rude about it. The fact that he responded to your PM at all was nice of him. If somebody contacted me after a trade that was already finished and asked for more money, I would probably do the same thing.

Does it suck? Absolutely. But the buyer did nothing wrong, not even morally.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #5
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

That sucks dude , I sympathies with you but I have to side with the buyer on this one. At TFCON this year I sold 6 figures to a guy, gave him a good deal....I didn't realize till after he had left (while I was moving figures around to cover the hole those left) that I forgot to charge him for one of the figures. He was still in sight and I could have easily caught up with him but that was my mistake and I felt like an idiot and was pissed off but at myself since it was my fault. I didn't do that again, I used my cell phones calculator instead of my brain. (which was totally fixated on transformers that weekend and not math). Things like this happens and either you learn from them and grow or you let them eat at you and maybe do it again. Maybe he'll give you the cash even though he isn't bound legally or morally to do so....but probably not, he just got a really good deal on kijiji. I wouldn't press the matter, he might think you are trying to squeeze a little more out of him after some sellers remorse or running some kind of kijiji scam. Life lessons are hard pills to swallow sometimes, I really don't think there is anything that you can do more than you already have. Sorry dude.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I've got to side with the buyer as well. It was an unfortunate mistake on your part. I would chalk it up to a life lesson and move on.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
jok
Mini-Con

Oh man.. this sucks... ill try to appeal til tomorrow to his honesty and hope for the best, if not. Charge to experience. Kinda shitty that i mees up now when ive been doing this for years.

Im doing house reno now and thats where my mind is at. Note to self; when doing a sale, keep mind at the sale.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i've done the same, stings a bit, but it was my fault, and to their credit, they did come back and buy a lot more later, so it may happen that way for you future sales > quick money now when you sell a lot

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
Old 08-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
jok
Mini-Con

I dont think i can do business again with people like that. He was computing at the same time and he knew that the math was wrong but didnt say anything. Maybe, its just me but these things are important for me.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Pascal
Banned

Yeah, for sure the buyer knew the total was wrong from the start and that he just prayed the seller wouldn't notice until the transaction was complete. Oh well.
Closed Thread