Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #21
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Anyone wanna be my TFCon buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
So basically everyone who is going doesn't want to be bothered. Moreover giving cliches you'll meet lots of people... a big letdown from this "community"....ive lived away my whole life and even when you are good looking social and fun it's still difficult to meet people at the best of times. People clique up fast in all corners of life. If I was coming and I will next year I will definitely hang out with you. It would be my pleasure.
With all due respect, we don't know who has reached out via pm and there are posts with open invites. This is a great community so let's not be cynical before this plays out. I know it's easy to say but if I were going, I'd be up for meeting/hanging out with just about anyone on these boards.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #22
dannydevastator
Generation 1

I'm open to hanging out with anyone at the con. 9 out of 10 they're usually nice open cool people to chill with and shoot the shit about robots and other misc stuff
dannydevastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #23
LilacShark
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
So basically everyone who is going doesn't want to be bothered. Moreover giving cliches you'll meet lots of people... a big letdown from this "community"....ive lived away my whole life and even when you are good looking social and fun it's still difficult to meet people at the best of times. People clique up fast in all corners of life. If I was coming and I will next year I will definitely hang out with you. It would be my pleasure.
You know, I used to think this too but last night I got to actually BE a a part of Scott's little group last night and I found out that no one knew each other. I had asked the girl next to me who is everybody and she didn't know, then later on, the girl in the other corner commented how no one knew her so she just waited for people to come to her and Scott has a really hard time paying attention to more than one person at a time so he's not purposefully snubbing anyone. You just have to interrupt and go for it. It's annoying when you're talking to him and someone does it to you but that's just how it is.

So don't think that just because there's a circle of friends already, that you're not welcome. Sit down near by, pay attention, interjects when possible and be able to carry on a conversation and you'll do just fine.

As for next year, we'll see. It depends on who's going to be a guest. I wasn't going to be here this year and then I found out Scott McNeil was coming. Whoop! There went a thousand for a hotel room plus I don't know how much more just getting ready for the whole thing. I went all out for him.

You should've come this year, why didn't you? No cash? (That was me when Peter Cullen came. I couldn't afford him, unfortunately.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
You're welcome to hang out with me and my five year old son, though I'm only going to be there for a few hours today. I'll probably be there around 10am or so!
aww I seemed to have missed you. So sorry about that but I'm actually making loads of friends/acquaintances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelacoaster View Post
I think I'll be heading to the tfcon solo. If there is a place to meet up at a certain time let me know. Thanks.
Hey, sure, I'm probably going to be at the after party with Scott or just hanging out in general. That's at 9 though, if you want to meet earlier, on me. I'll be here tomorrow too. Don't worry.
LilacShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #24
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

So great to hear you met people, felt welcome and had a great time!!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #25
LilacShark
Mini-Con
Talking Re: Anyone wanna be my TFCon buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
So great to hear you met people, felt welcome and had a great time!!
Having a great time. Emphasis on having. It's not past tense until it's over. I've never openly met so many people before, this is awesome!
LilacShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #26
Stormrave
Machine War

I am glad to hear you had a great time LilacShark!

For those who were curious: the Pizza Party that I used to run, stopped when we got to the Meadowvale (which was the Delta Meadowvale at the time).

The Doubletree hotel had been very generous at looking the other way when a delivery guy brought ten pizzas to the con area.

The Delta was not good with bringing in outside food to common areas, and I was not comfortable with trying to host the BIG pizza party out of my hotel suite--just not enough space.

HOWEVER the Delta started doing the special con menu with the Transformers themed drinks. So we basically traded the pizza for The Tarantulas and co

But I will always have fond memories of the pizza party.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #27
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:02 AM   #28
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

you know you'll see me this TFcon. We had a great Victoria Day BBQ too! <3

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #29
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I've been going to TFCon by myself since the 2nd con which was held in Hamilton I think. It is pretty lonely when you don't have someone to geek out with.
If you see a guy that looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin with a Japanese Megatron shirt that's me.

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote