Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #51
terrordrone
Armada
Re: Toys R US have OFFENDED me

oh please LOL

I certainly won't defend TRU annoying practices.
and certainly have no sympathy for workers of TRU who have to say that nonsense. Feel dumb saying it? Well then unionize or something. (uh oh)

Are there any other incredible dumb questions they could ask us too while they are at it?

As for the stereotype issues...OH PLEASE

We should feel proud for something at least once in our lives!! I have no problem being a collector and certainly no problem signing an email to TRU with "terror drone" attached.

It would be so unfortunate if someone should give TRU the link to this website or thread. I would hate for them to judge if we fulfill a stereotype or not. tsk tsk

Now if excuse me I have to respond back to TRU. It appears my comment made them think twice.

Heck, I might even suggest that they start asking customers (collectors or not) "What would your Aunt do for a Klondike Bar?"

Collector PRIDE
Someone once said of Terrordrone: "Not only are you a discredit to Transformers Collectors, but also the general population as well." That is what I get for connecting the dots for people who can't follow along.

Last edited by terrordrone; 04-02-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: correction
terrordrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #52
pandaprime
aficionado!

what offends me about Toys R Us is that their deliveries of transformers are so slow and in such small quantities of the figures in demand!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #53
Icetron

^ I agree, it took so long for them to put out the new figures...
Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #54
terrordrone
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
what offends me about Toys R Us is that their deliveries of transformers are so slow and in such small quantities of the figures in demand!
hey!

An email to them will work wonders! Trust me!
Oh they will listen
Someone once said of Terrordrone: "Not only are you a discredit to Transformers Collectors, but also the general population as well." That is what I get for connecting the dots for people who can't follow along.

terrordrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #55
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Or maybe a stronly worded pipebomb?
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Last edited by racerguy76; 02-17-2011 at 12:32 PM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #56
Astrotrain
Mini-Con

I mostly just find it humourous depending on the store I have gone to I have actually been asked if these are for me though I am a collector and generally find it as annoying to have soemone ask me if i needa gift receipt as i do hey are these for you ??

Yeha they are for me whats it to ya its my money i can do with it what i wish if you dont want it ill go elsewhere don't judge me.
Astrotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #57
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Or maybe a stronly worded pipebomb?

That may work in Edmonton, but in the rest of the civilized world, we can just wait for our toys.

As for the E-mail...really?

I can see meeting between the district VP's now...

'Awww crap Ted, it looks like the collectors are pissed again.'

Ted- 'Hmm, is it because we wouldn't be getting the Us Exclusive?'

'No, It appears they do not like the Gift recipt program'

'Well, the anser is clear then...we must forget about it...'
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #58
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

LOL at the thread!

Now the Tim Horton's cashiers who ask if the dozen donuts you just ordered are for here or to go... those guys are annoying.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #59
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrordrone View Post
oh please LOL

I certainly won't defend TRU annoying practices.
and certainly have no sympathy for workers of TRU who have to say that nonsense. Feel dumb saying it? Well then unionize or something. (uh oh)

Are there any other incredible dumb questions they could ask us too while they are at it?

As for the stereotype issues...OH PLEASE

We should feel proud for something at least once in our lives!! I have no problem being a collector and certainly no problem signing an email to TRU with "terror drone" attached.

It would be so unfortunate if someone should give TRU the link to this website or thread. I would hate for them to judge if we fulfill a stereotype or not. tsk tsk

Now if excuse me I have to respond back to TRU. It appears my comment made them think twice.

Heck, I might even suggest that they start asking customers (collectors or not) "What would your Aunt do for a Klondike Bar?"

Collector PRIDE
Please tell me you're kidding with this post.

Really? You have no sympathy for someone being mandated to do something by their job? And guess what, in most large chain stores like this, employees that attempt to unionize are fired, and if a union is successfully formed, the store is usually closed down. Have you ever worked retail, by any chance?

And yes, they could probably ask you a bunch more annoying questions, provided they were mandated to by their supervisor.

Be proud you're a collector, that you're buying things that make you happy. But there's a line between pride and being an ass. Protip: When your pride causes you to look down on other people, especially those just doing their job, you have likely crossed the line. Furthermore, pride or not, you need to realize you're collecting a children's toy. You are going to be treated as such, so rather than going into a diatribe on a web forum or getting offended when someone assumes you're like the majority of the population, just take the few seconds and say a simple, polite "no thanks". It'll save everyone involved some time and trouble.

You should also be aware of how your actions make you appear to others. Being proud or not, signing a letter with a comical nickname or internet username makes you look like "that guy", which hurts your argument and decreases your chances of being taken seriously. Maybe in a perfect world, this wouldn't be the case, but surprise, that's not the case. Go ahead and email this link to TRU. I very much doubt they'll care what some guy on the internet somewhere thinks, especially when the majority of the thread doesn't agree.

Be a stereotype for all I care. Send all the strongly worded emails about how offended you are that someone insinuated a grown man was buying toys for someone other than himself. Hell, maybe you should do all your shopping online so you never get asked about a gift receipt and the clerks won't have to put up with you.

You can have all the collector pride in the world, but try to have some tact, courtesy and patience along with it, rather than just a giant chip on your shoulder. For the rest of our sakes, at the very least.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #60
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
LOL at the thread!

Now the Tim Horton's cashiers who ask if the dozen donuts you just ordered are for here or to go... those guys are annoying.
lol...i think they introduced this policy after Timmy's got popular in US
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote