Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2019, 12:08 AM   #61
Pgianos
Banned
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

What if it was 2 years ? 3? 4? When is there no restocking fee?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:15 AM   #62
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The item is very late, and not arriving when promised. Northmen collectables knows that and it is a valid reason for cancelling. And yet when someone asks to cancel it, they say they didnt give a proper reason and thus they keep that fee. You know why he's cancelling!
Thanks for letting me know of this, there's enough places around that I can ignore this one.
Says the guy who walks around trying to scam/deceive stores in every conceivable way. The irony.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:53 AM   #63
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Says the guy who walks around trying to scam/deceive stores in every conceivable way. The irony.
Ok, no shit-storming other members. I think this forum proved its point, time to move on.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 08-31-2019 at 02:37 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #64
Pascal
Banned

Looks like someone is having double standards...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #65
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
There's no way in hell I'll ever be buying from Northmen.

If there's been no problems with preorders from other places and tons of predorder issues with Northmen, it's not an issue with Hasbro... it's an issue with Northmen.

And the public responses from this guy are abominable. Even if he's ever technically in the right, acting like this is definitely not the way to come across as patient and sympathetic. If this is what to look forward to, why even bother?

I hope that's worth the lousy 15%, pal.
Agreed. Read this thread and now I know to not even consider them as a retailer. Holding your customers liable for your/your supplier's inability to provide a product is a shitty enough practice, without even considering the obvious email war OP and Northmen are/were in.

Treat your customers like crap, they'll go elsewhere and you won't have a business. Bottom line.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:56 PM   #66
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Seems like distributors should allow stores to reduce their preorder numbers if a figure gets significantly delayed. Though I suppose if the manufacturer refuses to allow the distributors to reduce their preorders in these cases then that’s the origin of the problem. Basically the manufacturer should lose preorders if they delay the toy, as that’s their responsibility. If manufacturers pass the risk to distributors (won’t let them reduce preorders when there is a big delay) then it seems like the distributors pass that issue right along to the stores who then pass it to the consumer.

The negative impact of a delay should be borne by the manufacturer, not the consumer, not the distributors, not the stores. Feels like a broken system.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #67
Fermix
Generation 2

Unfortunately the troubles with Northmen Collectibles extend to in-stock items as well. Back when the Facebook page allowed customer reviews (which it no longer does for some reason) there were a bunch of horror stories of people ordering things listed as in-stock but not hearing anything for weeks. I saw one story about a person that drove to the store because they got tired of waiting, and the owner was unable to fulfill the order because he could not find the product in his shop. The owner replied with something to the effect of "I offered this customer a full refund because they were being really rude and I no longer wanted to deal with them." I'm pretty sure those exact reasons were cited as justification to NOT grant a full refund in this very thread. A buddy of mine got burned on a few items and got a full refund through a dispute process. Life is too short for runarounds like this, even if you agree with the owner you can shop at a dozen other stores with nearly none of the drama.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:39 PM   #68
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
A buddy of mine got burned on a few items and got a full refund through a dispute process.
For the dispute scenario, I mentioned this before in this thread, and Northmen replied to me with that we wouldn't win the dispute if we complained to Paypal or a credit card company. He has no more rights than a seller on Ebay, so if the product can't be delivered on time, Paypal will make the dispute in favor of the buyer (they will get a FULL refund). Over 8 months is an unreasonable amount of time, so Paypal or the CC company would get you a refund.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:18 PM   #69
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
For the dispute scenario, I mentioned this before in this thread, and Northmen replied to me with that we wouldn't win the dispute if we complained to Paypal or a credit card company. He has no more rights than a seller on Ebay, so if the product can't be delivered on time, Paypal will make the dispute in favor of the buyer (they will get a FULL refund). Over 8 months is an unreasonable amount of time, so Paypal or the CC company would get you a refund.
You'd have to open that dispute within the first six months though, because after that I don't think you are covered with Paypal.
Paypal usually goes in favor of the buyer, especially if the product was not delivered. The fact that Northmen replied to you and lied is all the more telling.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 PM   #70
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
You'd have to open that dispute within the first six months though, because after that I don't think you are covered with Paypal.
Paypal usually goes in favor of the buyer, especially if the product was not delivered. The fact that Northmen replied to you and lied is all the more telling.
PayPal does make exceptions, you just have to speak with the right person.