Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
Icetron
Regular Parcel - Toronto?

Hey all,

I guess this thread is mainly for those who are in Toronto and shipping out of the province or for those who received parcels shipped from Toronto.

Recently I've had something come from Toronto and it turns out it was shipped via Regular Parcel (which to my knowledge is not trackable nor insured). And the package has gone missing.

Has this happened to anyone else on these boards?

I found a related thread on another forum where it has happened to others in Toronto. I'm just curious if it is the case for here as well, and if it has happened to anyone using the next levels of shipping (Expedited and Xpresspost, but iirc they are insured and trackable).
Old 07-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Regular Parcel - Toronto?

If it's not in a box, there is no tracking. I assumed it was shipped under the category of an envelope.

Otherwise, if there is a box, there is always a tracking number for parcels in Canada. Parcels have insurance optional.

I don't know who told you this information.

This is why I always advise people to get the VentureOne card. You get discounts to get Expedited at the same price as regular shipping within Canada, which is with faster speed of delivery and 5% off Express/Expedited to US/International locations.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Icetron

I'm pretty sure the board member's items were shipped in a box too, but I wasn't aware that there was a tracking number for all boxes and not just Expedited Parcel and up since I've never used under Expedited for within the Country. I'm guessing the tracking number is on the receipt just like the other methods of shipping?

I actually have the VentureOne card and I do know about the whole deal you mentioned. The thing is that the deal we had going on was a trade, and I shipped cheap (lettermail) since it was just a video game on my part.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Yes there is always a tracking number on the receipt for parcels sent in Canada. If the other person said there wasn't, then they lied to you or did not know. As for who is liable for the loss, it's questionable. If the person receiving each item pays for the item shipped to them, you might be responsible.

Chart from Canada Post on different rates and features of shipping within Canada:
http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/pers...rvices.jsf#Cda

I'm not sure of the details of your trade, but if each trader pays for their own shipping, the sender should be responsible for recouping the costs to the other person or mailing back the item that was traded from their own pocket (Hope that doesn't get lost).

How big was the box? If boxes are small/thin/narrow enough, some people may be cheap and just mail it as a lettermail to save on costs.

Sadly items do get lost, even if it is a very small ~1%. Perhaps the sender wrote the address very sloppily or someone in the processing plant had sticky fingers. If there's no tracking number, they mt may have been sent as a letter or something's fishy.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Yes there is always a tracking number on the receipt for parcels sent in Canada.
Well, oddly enough, the last parcel I shipped the other week didn't come with a tracking number. It's usually mentionned on the receipt, but this time, nothing. Not sure what was the deal here.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote