Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
BigBot79
G1 Fan
Re: Entertainment Pack Megs & Prime vs PRID Voyager

I have both simply because I wanted the FE figs complete and like voyager size toys best for display. If you only want one of each Prime character stick with the FE 2 pack, Prime and Megs look great with the RID deluxes, the scale is good I think too, not perfect but good.

If it's still a toss up get both!

BTW - the voyager Megs is getting a lot of flak for paint apps but in hand he's really quite nice, great details you can't really see in pics and vids, worth having in any collection imo

Last edited by BigBot79; 03-23-2012 at 07:49 PM.
BigBot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Well if anything I think you can probably deduce that the opinions here are quite varied! It really comes down to personal preference. Personally, I almost always find voyagers more fun than deluxes. It's just nice to have a big figure in your hands. Plus, typically, there's more interesting transformations in the voyagers. Although I don't think that is actually the case here (voyager megs is pretty simple, and I believe the deluxe was actually a more involved transformation), it puts a bias on me towards voyagers.

I have to agree that the cannon on the deluxe looks better, as does the paint. But if I were to compare mold against mold, I realllly prefer voyager megs. I think he looks spectacular. The final two things I prefer regarding voyagers megs vs deluxe:

1) I am not a fan of the random square of alternate paint on the Deluxe figure's legs. It really looks out of place to me. I honestly don't get why it's there as it isn't show accurate. Maybe it has to do with how he transforms, but I think it really takes away from the otherwise very nice ascetics of the deluxe.

2) The underside of the vehicle. This one is REALLY a toss up and comes to personal preference. Neither underside looks particularly nice. The underside of the voyager is the arms and legs folded up underneath. Despite this looking like arms and legs folded up underneath, it's still somewhat smooth. The deluxe, on the other hand, looks hollow.. and empty. It looks like the underneath of a shell. Personally I prefer the arms and legs look than the shell look. But again, This is very much personnel preference.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
Fe prime is awesome, once you fix the head's placement on the ball joint the gap in truck mode disappears.
I'd love some specifics on this mod. The gap on the top of the truck and the one that keeps his hood slightly separated both really bug me. Any info you have on how to fix those would be awesome!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
justprime
Animated

First ed Op the rid version has bumpers cut off in bot mode no red where it should be on upper torso and in truck mode(due to this lack of red) the cab is partily grey on sides so the truck is not a solid red as it should be and looks out of place,... RID megs just because of scale
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
pacinofan
Mini-Con

Well, I ended up buying the Optimizers and the Entertainment 2-pack just so I can compare and contrast. right now I'm leaning towards the Optimizers. May attempt some painting/sharpie-ing on Optimus. The TRU sale makes the Optimizers a much nicer $22 compared to $30
pacinofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
transforminator
Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacinofan View Post
Well, I ended up buying the Optimizers and the Entertainment 2-pack just so I can compare and contrast. right now I'm leaning towards the Optimizers. May attempt some painting/sharpie-ing on Optimus. The TRU sale makes the Optimizers a much nicer $22 compared to $30
you mean Powerizers lol...ye at $22 its not a bad investment considering the insane prices for the first edition versions. Good to hear you're enjoying them
Old 03-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #27
pacinofan
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by transforminator View Post
you mean Powerizers lol...ye at $22 its not a bad investment considering the insane prices for the first edition versions. Good to hear you're enjoying them
Yeah, if I could find the FE Prime, I'd call it a day, but that is a pretty expensive bot on ebay right now (I'm sure when I wasn't collecting Tranformers I walked by him a dozen times). I like Optimizers scale when displayed w/ the FE's and deluxe RID's I have. The 2 pack Prime has some weird proportions and seems too small.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Well in my mind, the FE Deluxe is sort of like Orion Pax with an earth mode, while the voyagers are the actual Optimus Primes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #29
alternatorfan
g1 baby

gonna paint that starscream from the 2 pack into skywarp doesthat marker for gundams come in black not gonnabuy the real from takara and that bee paint apps are nicer but fe mold still sucks!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #30
pacinofan
Mini-Con

can someone explain to me what "Gundam markers" are?