Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #11
Nullray
IGC
Re: Post Your Transformers Hauls - 2015 Edition

Pickup up a few things
Pimp daddy Gold Megs MP5 w/ reflector
Bad Cube Brawny and Outback
DC Bishoujo Batgirl
TW Infinitor
Old 01-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
prime
Generation 2

While the haul itself isn't unique, I'm a little proud of the price. Using the Cereal vouchers, including tax, the total price was $24.23

$0 x 5 Deluxes (Cashier didn't charge tax for some reason)
$.25 x 2 Voyagers (17.94+tx)
$23.73 x 1 Leader (21+tx, couldn't use coupon since it was online only. If this was in-store, getting a leader for $1.13 has to be some kind of record)

Not too bad since the Unleashed pack costs $130, and while it's a better deco, it's not worth an extra $100. It also doesn't include Snarl, Slash or Leader Grimlock. To be picky, the cereal itself was $3.99 x7 = 27.93.

I know people are divided about the movie line, but hey, it's the Dinobots. As a frugal collector, I'd say cost-wise this might have been my best haul yet.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #13
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post

While the haul itself isn't unique, I'm a little proud of the price. Using the Cereal vouchers, including tax, the total price was $24.23

$23.73 x 1 Leader (21+tx, couldn't use coupon since it was online only. If this was in-store, getting a leader for $1.13 has to be some kind of record)

Not too bad since the Unleashed pack costs $130, and while it's a better deco, it's not worth an extra $100. It also doesn't include Snarl, Slash or Leader Grimlock. To be picky, the cereal itself was $3.99 x7 = 27.93.

I know people are divided about the movie line, but hey, it's the Dinobots. As a frugal collector, I'd say cost-wise this might have been my best haul yet.
How did you get it so cheap?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:23 PM   #14
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

I was at some tiny shop to swap a Nintendo game my girlfriend got me for Christmas but I already owned it. So I swapped it for another and while I was there I asked the owner if he had any Transformers since it was a shop full of all kinds of vintage things. He said he did at home, he'd bring it all in for me the following week. Well that was today and after searching through 3 overflowing bins of Power Rangers, Spiderman, Robocop and Batman, I did find some Transformers I was interested in. Most of it was Beast Wars which I have absolutely no clue about but I got everything for $30. How did I do?

Last edited by Sir Prime A Lot; 01-02-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:52 PM   #15
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
I was lucky to be able to get the figure through BBTS...it was somewhat a good deal until I got the delivery this morning... Canada Post wanted an extra $26.50 for duties...... but cheaper than #evilebay... just sayin'!!!
Yep, that sure sounds like the typical BBTS experience. But you still ended up cheaper than ebay so less of two evils.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #16
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:

WoW .... you made out like a bandit & here I thought I got a good deal with my 1 coupon. Oh, well.

Oh ya & don't worry about the cost of the cereal too much. You have to eat something anyway right ? Might as well be cereal & get some kewl figures at the same time.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 01-03-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #17
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

AoE Evasion Prime. Great vehicle mode, and a cool transformation.

12 Packs of AoE Series 2 Kreos, and 6 duplicates

Old 01-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #18
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
How did you get it so cheap?
Kellogg's had $20 vouchers with their cereals this year. Best. Promo. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
WoW .... you made out like a bandit & here I thought I got a good deal with my 1 coupon. Oh, well.

Oh ya & don't worry about the cost of the cereal too much. You have to eat something anyway right ? Might as well be cereal & get some kewl figures at the same time.
Thanks, yeah I've actually finished all the cereal (7 boxes doesn't last that long!). I probably would have gotten a lot more, but I was afraid that they might reject codes if you ordered too many, or that the coupons would all be gone before you could redeem them. From what I've read, some are still holding on to the vouchers for combiner wars. How sweet would it be to get a full combiner free with 5 boxes of cereal?
Old 01-04-2015, 01:37 AM   #19
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Kellogg's had $20 vouchers with their cereals this year. Best. Promo. Ever.
They did? How did I not know this? Does it still work?
Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #20
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
They did? How did I not know this? Does it still work?
No some individuals took it upon themselves to hoard all the $20 coupons as it should have been one per household
that's why none left
Closed Thread