Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #1391
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Don't wait, just buy and hold your receipt for a price match. You can't get everything super cheap, sometimes you just have to pay normal price... or else you're paying after market prices.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #1392
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
It showed it was back in stock when I checked this morning (SW), and now it's showing out of stock again. As I can see them showing up on ebay with a considerable mark up, I thinking that's what's happening. I'm going to check again throughout the day and jump on it when (if) it shows in stock.

I don't know why I waited so long, but I'm learning this shit the hard way It's making me rethink my strategy with Predaking as well. Waiting for sales isn't going to work, especially around the holiday season...or maybe it would have, a few weeks ago, but not now.
dude you sound like a great guy, hint from me never ever ever wait for a sale again buy when first out.... or pay a tade more to get what you want....
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #1393
CanBot
Cybertron

ANNNNNNNNNNND...Masterpiece Soundwave link on TRU is no longer. I guess that means he's done, correct? No chance of him returning? Does anybody know how long his availability run was at TRU?...I guess it might not mean much since I'm sure MP10 HasbroPrime was online for a blip before he went out of stock, but maybe for a guideline in the future.

Lucky for me, I picked him up from a member here. Unlucky for me, the whole yellow eyes thing bothers me ...but not that much, and there's lots of options. I do wish he had red eyes, though...lol!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #1394
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
ANNNNNNNNNNND...Masterpiece Soundwave link on TRU is no longer. I guess that means he's done, correct? No chance of him returning? Does anybody know how long his availability run was at TRU?...I guess it might not mean much since I'm sure MP10 HasbroPrime was online for a blip before he went out of stock, but maybe for a guideline in the future.

Lucky for me, I picked him up from a member here. Unlucky for me, the whole yellow eyes thing bothers me ...but not that much, and there's lots of options. I do wish he had red eyes, though...lol!
TRU takes their links down when the product goes out of stock, so it's not really a good indicator...if they get stock again for Xmas, it may pop up again.

As for the eyes...it's red on the Takara version You could always paint them red though.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #1395
CanBot
Cybertron

After reading dozens of pages about the eye issue of SW, lol, I've come to realize that some people care, some don't, and usually those who don't think that modding the bot is fair game. I don't like messing with them, but I've heard the reprolabels stickers work. I can't find any pics of him with the eye stickers, though. At least stickers are removable in the long run, but really, he's SW. But I hear the Takara and Hasbro SW moulds are actually different in some areas, where the Hasbro one looks more cartoon accurate than the TT, except the eyes are G1. In any case...he's still SW, good enough for me. From the beginning, there were things about the MP line that I didn't like, specifically for the little reasons. It really is a shame about MP10, though. Here was a great chance to get MP10 at $90 in Canada, and instead it was in ridiculously low numbers in retail, so the only other option is to spend $300 on the TT version. That's like a smack in the face with a cold salmon! well not exactly, and pardon my whine, but when I read about it, I really do facepalm. From what I've read though, lots of people don't seem to sympathize, and offer the TT solution. Yet that's just so much more expensive. And there are no MP10 HasbroPrimes under $250, at least nothing I've found.

No wonder so many love the 3P stuff!