Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Botcon 2013 Rainmakers

Got my Rainmakers today and they are awesome! Colors are great and the quality feels good. Joints are nice and tight, just like the rest of my Seekers (I have all the other Hasbro ones). Very happy I was able to pick this set up to complete my Seekers set (I'm not counting the TFCC G2 Ramjet or that funky colored Thundercracker).

I've seen/watched reviews of people hating on them because they're not a troop builder like the Junkions, Autotroopers, or Sweeps... but that's a really stupid reason to say this set isn't worth the money. "This set is horrible because I can't buy 3 sets and have 9 identical robots.... " ... lol stupid reason to not get this set.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: Botcon 2013 Rainmakers

The quality is actually good? I realized that each time I buy Botcon or TFCC exclusives (repainted and slightly modified), the plastic feels inferior to the original release
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
Breakdown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
The quality is actually good? I realized that each time I buy Botcon or TFCC exclusives (repainted and slightly modified), the plastic feels inferior to the original release
Ever since the 25th Anniversary Classics Starscream the plastic quality of the seekers, especially those of Botcon and TFCC have definitely been of lesser quality.
Breakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #4
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I compared the feel to my newest Thundercracker and one of my first Acid Storm, and they feel pretty similar. I had a CHMS Ramjet and THAT felt like cheap plastic. These feel good to me at least.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
CBII
Animated

Excellent to here!

I've heard some of the LAMEST excuses to hate on this set...they break, cheap plastic, sunstorms arms, not trooping building, blah blah fucking blah.

Seems to me Hasbro pretty much gives the fans what they want and ask for but because it's an exclusive its actually the price that's the problem. Buy it don't buy it, but in the end you have to pay to play. And if it's money, well then it's OK for parts of the fandom to say..."Cool idea, I like it, but it's out of my budget."

I'm still searching the internet for some phantom massively destroyed rainmakers that magically fall apart during transformation. Yes I was actually told this by someone. Still trying to figure that out.

Other then the pic on twitter by cooksux I've come up empty handed...but the search continues.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I want them for the seeker whore that I am but I just couldn't justify the price esp since I have a few chms ones in those colours that are perfect.

If they were cheaper I would nab them and the asian sets also.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Big Filipino
Protectobot

I'd rather have 3 unique color figures vs 3 of the same. I love this set. Yes I wish my Sunstorm's hands were white but that's not a big deal for me.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

if you've opened them, would love to see pictures
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #9
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I've opened my set and I like them. I like the colours of Hotlink and Bitstream better than the "Sunstorm". Sunstorm's yellow seems a shade off compared to the Cybertron legend or Titanium versions though it may match the MP version, I don't own that one so I can not say there someone who does have these two is more than welcome to help out on that thought. In my world Sunstorm never made it to earth, he's just a Cybertronian legend, lol.

The purple and the teal though are very striking in person sitting here looking at them I like the swirl they have in their plastic, hard to see that in photos I think. I know I wonder if Sunstorm didn't get his white hands because of budget? Because his card shows him white handed. The white that is used though looks very good on all 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010241.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	19943  
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
lavaller
Generation 1

Got my rainmakers last night and finally got too open them this morning, such nice figures!
lavaller is offline   Reply With Quote