Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Post your Transformers hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I picked up a PCC Bomshock and a Alternity Optimus Prime I am still on the fence about the HFTD Battle Blades Optimus Prime I want him but every time I have him in hand he looks cheap can someone tell me if he looks better out of box

BB Optimus in my opinion is one of the best voyager class figures I've ever seen! I was on the fence for a while too but his transformation is complex enough to be used on a Leader class fig. Also he has the movie matrix in his chest
Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Perceptor
Alternator

Quote:
I picked up a PCC Bomshock and a Alternity Optimus Prime I am still on the fence about the HFTD Battle Blades Optimus Prime I want him but every time I have him in hand he looks cheap can someone tell me if he looks better out of box
I have both Alternity OP and BB OP and I opened both of them last month. Both are great figures and I plan to keep both for a long time. the Battle Blade OP does have that look of cheap plastic and that doesn't improve out of the box... but transformation and posability both pretty good.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitt prime View Post
i recently got a G1 Optimus Prime but i don't know if its a original one or a remake. Does anyone know how to tell the difference? i can't tell by the box it came in and i haven't taken it out of it yet. I also have a Megatron from japan and some Mini dinobots.
Nice haul, I recently gained a few generations and HftD figures I didn't yet have. As for the G1 Optimus, does it have a slot in the little square of plastic on the back? If so, it's the reissue, if not, it's the original. God forbid, it's a knock off, but it's sadly possible.

Nice to see a new member on the site!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist Prime View Post
BB Optimus in my opinion is one of the best voyager class figures I've ever seen! I was on the fence for a while too but his transformation is complex enough to be used on a Leader class fig. Also he has the movie matrix in his chest
Thanks for the input I may have to pick him up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I have both Alternity OP and BB OP and I opened both of them last month. Both are great figures and I plan to keep both for a long time. the Battle Blade OP does have that look of cheap plastic and that doesn't improve out of the box... but transformation and posability both pretty good.
It sux that BB OP does look cheap but thanks for the tip. And I must have made a mistake because I picked up a Alternators OP not the Alternity OP I would Love to get him as well as Megs but I do own a BT OP and His Die Cast is Amazing Just Lacks a little in posability as where the Alternators OP gives me more otions. BT OP was my starting point for my Collection and I just love the mold I do want Nemisis as well sometime
Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
chans formers
raff ow roud

not sure which "post your hauls" this would belong in.if it's wrong,please move

went to liquidation world yesterday and found a bunch of tf themed sippy cups and aluminum water bottle including...

animated megs
animated prime
rotf bee and prime
animated megs(water bottle)

the neat thing is the bottom of the sippy cups have a mini snowglobe kinda thing with spinning autobot/decepticon faction logos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tf sippy's 002.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	8802  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #16
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitt prime View Post
i recently got a G1 Optimus Prime but i don't know if its a original one or a remake. Does anyone know how to tell the difference? i can't tell by the box it came in and i haven't taken it out of it yet. I also have a Megatron from japan and some Mini dinobots.
They're stamped with dates, the original will have 198X stamped on it.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
It sux that BB OP does look cheap but thanks for the tip.
Get the Takara version with hooks if you have the money. Looks better with the grey parts replacing the random copper-ish ones.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
Valfar
Machine War

Pfftt...
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #19
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Get the Takara version with hooks if you have the money. Looks better with the grey parts replacing the random copper-ish ones.
I would if I ordered on-line or if Woodstock had a decent place to get Tomy TF's or if I knew of a place close by maybe like London or K-W. Either Way I folded and picked up BB OP haven't taken him out of box yet. Now I need an enemy for him I was thinking Banzaitron his wave mate but maybe Payload/Longhaul will look cool Fighting OP
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #20
UltraMagnus69
Acid Pellet Style

Finally got protector and sidearm....finally....now to open up my henkei or classics Rodimus. Decisions.
Closed Thread