Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
EnragedCoconut
Machine War
Encore Line

Does anyone else find that there are a few toys in the Encore line that are a little frustrating in terms of the seemingly significant number of parts that have to be removed when transforming the toy? I never had a G1 Starscream so am not sure if this is how he’s always been, but I know for Prime it wasn’t the case. In the case of the Encore Prime, you have to remove his hands to transform him into vehicle mode. I recall G1 hands sliding up into the arm, didn’t they? In the case of the Encore Starscream, you pretty much have to remove half of his body before transforming him. I find this a little frustrating, especially if there is no place for the objects to be stored on the actual toy itself (ala Soundwave and his concussion cannons).

Am I alone in this? Is there a store behind why this is so? Am I wrong in remembering G1 Prime differently (my only point of reference to him is still awol in my basement).

EC
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Encore Line

I'm afraid you are wrong, G1 prime always had to have his fists removed when transformed back into cab mode (but you could keep them in his trailer!). He wasen't the only one though I know sunstreaker needed his hands removed too. Also the original seekers had so many removable parts it made me avoid collecting them all together, especially when their heads don't even look show accurate.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

This reinforces the fact I NEED TO FIND MY OPTIMUS!!!!

Rawrgh.....

EC
Old 10-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
-KG-
Kranix

G1 TF's were always very part heavy, and most of the time with nowhere to put them. Prime is easy though. I always put the fists in the front of the cab where he opens up. Everything else goes in the trailer, including a holder for his gun. Also when I have a seeker in robot mode I always put the landing gear in the cockpit, so the only thing you have to put to the side are the missiles for plane mode.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Sounds like you're describing Powermaster Prime, his "super mode" has sliding fists. At least the Japanese and Re-Issue versions do.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #6
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

As for the origional G1 line a few had removable parts that needed to be removied and re applied to effectively transform it.

Off the top of my head:
Inferno and grapple = hands
Trailbreaker and hoist = hands
Star Scream and the seekers = hands/wings/guns
Optimus= hands
Ultra Magnus = everything
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

This is one of the most impressive things for most modern Transformers. Just about everything is self contained.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

That cockpit idea is awesome. Logic is my friend. Some days I feel positively brain dead .

I had just stuck the landing gear in the box and resigned myself to not using it.

EC
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
This is one of the most impressive things for most modern Transformers. Just about everything is self contained.
Word. One thing I'd like would be to see is a fist that could be rotated inside-out at the wrist inside the forearm to reveal a cannon. For Transformers, I think I would prefer arm-as-weapon over arm-holding-weapon.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
mitchmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Sounds like you're describing Powermaster Prime, his "super mode" has sliding fists. At least the Japanese and Re-Issue versions do.

thats what i was thinking.

i have noticed tho that some of the movie transformers dont "keep position" like older ones do.
like beast wars dinobot did.

for example jazz and brawl, their chests dont stay in place when i move them around to pose. i always have to re ajust them cuz the torso wont stay insync with the legs.