Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-19-2022, 09:06 PM   #101
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Hasbro is going to find out what Netflix found out today; that if you jack up prices past the point of value for money, people will stop buying.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 09:37 PM   #102
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Hasbro is going to find out what Netflix found out today; that if you jack up prices past the point of value for money, people will stop buying.
I thinks it time to start purchasing differently with Hasbro. These price increases are out of hand at this point. Collector's are mainly the only thing keeping them thriving and they continue to slap us in the face. No other companies are increasing their price as dramatically as Hasbro (not Mcfarlane, not Bandai, etc.).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 12:38 AM   #103
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Some people here, myself included, already feel the value for money is not that worth it.

If the price goes up again in the middle of this year, there'll only be more people feeling the same.

We will vote with our wallet.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:43 AM   #104
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

I'm a G1 / G2 guy, so clearly those Legacy Stunticons are targeting me. Even at $40/deluxe and $140-ish for Motormaster, I'm still interested.

What's sad for me is I'm absolutely not picking up that Knockout or Tarantulus or Bulkhead, etc. Even if the reviews are great, and they're good Transformers toys, it's not worth it to me at this new price point.

I love TF Prime. Got all those figures. They were great, and at 15 bucks they were totally worth it! Even if I didn't have an attachment to the figures, they were good by themselves.
The redux for $40/$60, I'm not there.

It's too much to 'take a chance' on a cool figure just because it's a cool toy.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:12 AM   #105
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

The new MPM13 MSRP price in China is 1649 RMB == 257 USD, probably mean 350+ CAD here (since the latest Metroplex is 200 USD and 300 CAD here). With tax, man... that's might be around 400 CAD? I won't buy it for this price for sure, just not worth it. It's almost as expensive as a new video game console... but the technology involved in building MPM13 is much lower than Switch or PS5/Xbox.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 04-20-2022 at 10:18 AM.
xueyue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:09 AM   #106
joshimus
Metroplex

Personally I'm not even impressed by the MP Blackout. It's nice...but like...not over 100.00 nice.
Honestly, I don't know how families on a budget can afford to buy their kids toys that's not from a Dollars Store.
I have certainly gotten exceptionally picky at what I buy at this point, and that goes for TF's, SW and Marvel. I don't even buy ML figures anymore. Not worth the price, not worth the hassle of building the BAF...just not fun to collect Hasbro stuff anymore. No excitement for what's coming out next.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:14 AM   #107
Atomicgarden
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Im sort of in the same boat as the person above.. my goal was the G1 Animated Series cast and we have gotten most of that before the price increase.. with each figure i buy thats one closer to being complete. I have no interest in buying 34 optimus primes or 27 bumblebee's. Hasbro is really overdoing the repaints... sure make a mold, make a few figures, shelf it and bring it back in a year with some new schemes etc... doing like 20 seekers in a row kills the "gotta catch em all" vibe.
I?m pretty much like you. My goal was to collect mostly all Decepticons from the G1 show, with a few Autobots I like here and there. There?s only a few left for me on my checklist. However, it may take a long time, since Legacy focus on many Transformers era. This is actually a good move financially speaking for Hasbro. While they can please a bit of everyone, they also know the 84-86 guys are their best sellers and now the few left will be stretched and sprinkled on a couple of years. And while we wait, we may be tempted to buy figures from other era because it looks cool and we?re bored waiting. I?d rather get every one I wanted fast and move on, but it is what it is. I just hope the prices stop increasing too much, because I might quit before I check every bots I want.
Atomicgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:59 PM   #108
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Based on this thread, I'm not so sure...
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:00 PM   #109
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
The new MPM13 MSRP price in China is 1649 RMB == 257 USD, probably mean 350+ CAD here (since the latest Metroplex is 200 USD and 300 CAD here). With tax, man... that's might be around 400 CAD? I won't buy it for this price for sure, just not worth it. It's almost as expensive as a new video game console... but the technology involved in building MPM13 is much lower than Switch or PS5/Xbox.
It's $160 USD in the US. I think the price leaked on the Target website.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:42 PM   #110
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
It's $160 USD in the US. I think the price leaked on the Target website.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...548#post858548

I mean, historically, most of the MPMs have gone on clearance at TRU.

With the new TRU owner though, they may be ordering less (or even other stores too), since the profit margins on MPMs are lower, and the real estate space (large boxes) are high (and takes up space in the warehouse).

I don't see a lot of the newer merchants carrying MPs, they're quite expensive, I don't blame them.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote