Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Synch
Beasty
For those who went to the early showing of tftm in vancouver

Well I just watched the movie again on dvd & theres a lot of stuff that I remember differently... Example In dvd Autobots used there guns ALOT! Even prime and megatron pulled out BFGS and shot at each other When BB was in tow he was punching and kicking the cra* out of cars in there way! prime grabed onto megatron in jet mode and flew through a building with him! I remember prime going through a building but I thought he was punched or thrown through and they did this wierd matrix type slow motion effect of it ... I don't recall seeing that at all in the dvd... and other odds and ends like that & there are some lines I can't remember right now as well that I some how missed the first time around... Also there was a hole ton more music added in it seems, than the version I saw in theaters... Anyone else?.. or am I just getting things mixed up and confused since its been so long that I saw it... I just duno how I could have missed all that stuff the first time around... Man what a great movie though so fun to watch again! Really should have gone to see it a few more times in theaters

Last edited by Synch; 10-22-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: For those who went to the early showing of tftm in vancouver

There is no difference between the theater and DVD versions, so you did forget a lot of what you'd seen, happens to all of us at one time or another.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
There is no difference between the theater and DVD versions, so you did forget a lot of what you'd seen, happens to all of us at one time or another.
I saw it twice at the theatre.

I think that the DVD is the same as the movie; however, the picture on the DVD doesn't seem to be as sharp.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
rid
Beast Machine

I did notice some differences between the DVD and the theatrical version. Ex: I don't recall seeing Bulblebee being injured during the final battle (explaining why he can't walk or transform). Another ex: I don't recall seeing, in the theatrical version, Mikaela in the tow truck, in the alley way, mentally preparing to drive BB, and then backing up the tow truck with BB shooting all over the place.

Then again, it may have been me (or coz I'm not from Vancouver )

My Wants:

Classics Game Of Deception (set preferred but individuals are OK too)
Most G1 Head/Power/Target-Masters
G1 RoadBuster, Scorponok, Shockwave
Any Optimus Prime (I have tons already but am always looking for more Primes)

Parts Needed: Triggerhappy's Targetmaster gun: Blowpipe (with gun attachment)

Last edited by rid; 10-22-2007 at 11:58 PM.
rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rid View Post
Another ex: I don't recall seeing, in the theatrical version, Mikaela in the tow truck, in the alley way, mentally preparing to drive BB, and then backing up the tow truck with BB shooting all over the place.

Then again, it may have been me (or coz I'm not from Vancouver )

That was in the theatrical version; I remember muttering a little too loudly "You've got to be f#*@ing kidding me!" when I saw the scene.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #6
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synch View Post
Well I just watched the movie again on dvd & theres a lot of stuff that I remember differently... Example In dvd Autobots used there guns ALOT! Even prime and megatron pulled out BFGS and shot at each other When BB was in tow he was punching and kicking the cra* out of cars in there way! prime grabed onto megatron in jet mode and flew through a building with him! I remember prime going through a building but I thought he was punched or thrown through and they did this wierd matrix type slow motion effect of it ... I don't recall seeing that at all in the dvd... and other odds and ends like that & there are some lines I can't remember right now as well that I some how missed the first time around... Also there was a hole ton more music added in it seems, than the version I saw in theaters... Anyone else?.. or am I just getting things mixed up and confused since its been so long that I saw it... I just duno how I could have missed all that stuff the first time around... Man what a great movie though so fun to watch again! Really should have gone to see it a few more times in theaters

doesn't matter which showing or where you watched it, the movie you saw in the theaters is the same movie you saw on DVD.

And you've got to be kidding me if you don't remember those scenes unless you were sitting right in the first front row because I caught all those things unless you watched the movie in the theaters under the influence LOL!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:58 AM   #7
Synch
Beasty

Even primes fight with ?baricade? or whatever his name is with the sword seemed longer imo I'm sure its just me getting mixed up since it has been qutie a while but at the same time its like WTF damn! I duno how I could forget stuff like that haha! I'm going to have to watch the dvd again but the part that really stands out the most to me is the slow motion matrix styled bit I saw in theater seems vastly different than the one on the dvd :S so strange so strange ...
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #8
Euroflip
Machine War

Whatever you guys are smoking.... i want some of it lol. I have seen the movie in the theater 6 times and have watched the DVD 3 times already. There is no difference

My Feedback
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=158545
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5124
Euroflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synch View Post
Even primes fight with ?baricade? or whatever his name is with the sword seemed longer imo I'm sure its just me getting mixed up since it has been qutie a while but at the same time its like WTF damn!
Bonecrusher is the name you're looking for, I believe. Barricade wants to know whether or not we are Ladiesman217.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroflip View Post
Whatever you guys are smoking.... i want some of it lol. I have seen the movie in the theater 6 times and have watched the DVD 3 times already. There is no difference
haha! like i said, watching the movie high gives you a totally different movie LOL!