Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #41
justprime
Animated
Re: Price hike for 2020?

As far as the prime trailer i will wait to put jands on the trailer has no axles across the bottom connecting the wheels short stacks poorly designed for peg hole uses etc for the cost doesnt rock my world for the price ...again jmho lots will snap to these toys i prefer to spend my dollars with thitd party these days if i am to spend i prefer to fill holes with bots not rehash same figures like mp line or hollows/smaller
Non gimicks(lights sound etc that made these fun or dummed down transformation wise) like current main line. Just my humble opinion after buying these for 35 years....
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #42
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
As far as the prime trailer i will wait to put jands on the trailer has no axles across the bottom connecting the wheels short stacks poorly designed for peg hole uses etc for the cost doesnt rock my world for the price ...again jmho lots will snap to these toys i prefer to spend my dollars with thitd party these days if i am to spend i prefer to fill holes with bots not rehash same figures like mp line or hollows/smaller
Non gimicks(lights sound etc that made these fun or dummed down transformation wise) like current main line. Just my humble opinion after buying these for 35 years....
It is so funny. One of my main objections to 3p, beside that they're transforming robots not transformers, was the price compared to official retail.

Now?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #43
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

What I think is pathetic is that the same figure, such as SS Grimlock, was $69.99 regular price less than 2 weeks ago and you walk into Walmart today and the exact same shelf-warmers are marked up to $74.99. That boggles my mind. It's the same shit that was on the shelves as last week and now it's more than regular price. This does not bode well at all for CHUG.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:54 PM   #44
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Has anybody reported a similar price hike in the US?
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #45
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
What I think is pathetic is that the same figure, such as SS Grimlock, was $69.99 regular price less than 2 weeks ago and you walk into Walmart today and the exact same shelf-warmers are marked up to $74.99. That boggles my mind. It's the same shit that was on the shelves as last week and now it's more than regular price. This does not bode well at all for CHUG.
That thing should be clearanced, not price hiked. Like what are they thinking? Even TRU and Amazon’s refusal to blow those out is mind numbing.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:25 PM   #46
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

At my WalMart, if the TF Generations shelf tag contains “ST SR” then it went up $5. If It doesn’t contain “ST SR” then it is still $29.98 / $39.98 / $69.98 so I’m still a little optimistic that the price hike is just for Studio Series...
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:52 PM   #47
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Transformer price is just our age, once it goes up, it never back down, and before you know, it's pushing 70+.... T_T

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #48
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
At my WalMart, if the TF Generations shelf tag contains “ST SR” then it went up $5. If It doesn’t contain “ST SR” then it is still $29.98 / $39.98 / $69.98 so I’m still a little optimistic that the price hike is just for Studio Series...
Amen, brother. Got my fingers crossed as well.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:33 PM   #49
zhaobinis1
Beasty

It seems the price hike is just Walmart's own decision to mark this up. My evidence is that they have also increased the price of some Lego sets. I don't think Lego did that so same thing may apply to Transformers.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #50
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
It seems the price hike is just Walmart's own decision to mark this up. My evidence is that they have also increased the price of some Lego sets. I don't think Lego did that so same thing may apply to Transformers.
Holy shit, they jacked up LEGO? That's awful. Especially because, unlike TF, LEGO is not hard to find and their distribution is usually very good.

Seriously, it is NOT hard to find a LEGO set you want unless it's brand, BRAND new. LEGO is well-stocked and it's easy to find online if not.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote