Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Re: TF Titans & Generations Deluxe on sale @ TRU ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
It's for the old generations price point. Like the last sale it will only affect pure "generations" figures. My store just got in a few rattrap, tankor, armada Starscream, scoop etc.

That said I know some board members were able to convince TRU staff to give them combiner wars generations for half off with the previous similar sale... May be worth your time.
Also it clearly has the old generations SKU right there, not the CW SKU.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #12
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Might nab an extra Jhiaxus while this is on.

Those aren't bad sale prices for the Lego, either.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #13
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
It's for the old generations price point. Like the last sale it will only affect pure "generations" figures. My store just got in a few rattrap, tankor, armada Starscream, scoop etc.

That said I know some board members were able to convince TRU staff to give them combiner wars generations for half off with the previous similar sale... May be worth your time.
Where I come from we call that fraud.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #14
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Where I come from we call that fraud.
There's another thread on this topic with a lot of interesting perspectives. That said, where I come from (Canada), the law states that it's not fraud. However, you can argue that it's morally questionable, but even then, it depends on the argument you want to make for or against it. Especially if you aren't aware of SKU numbers, pick up the flyer, think 'hey, that name matches' and go into the store. If it's okay for random buyer to do that who doesn't know it (and really, it is LABELLED AS THE SAME PRODUCT and the value, as we all have argued, is the same as they are all Generations Deluxes despite recent price increass on newer stuff) and it works, then it's okay for us as well.

Fraud would only be if you were to slap a fake sticker on it, go to a bogus website listing (like the PS4 fiasco at Walmart a while back) and outright lie to people. You bring in a flyer and they accept it or not. EOD. There is no discussion of lying to someone, just making an argument. Some TRUs accepted the logic, others didn't. No fraud, just smart shopping.

Not trying to fan the flames or anything, I was just put off by how blunt your statement might appear to someone who may not have your same perspective. I respect all viewpoints and attitudes so long as they are politely given.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Sale at Toys R Us Canada May 22nd - 28th

I don't know that it's fraud. THIS specific toy at THIS specific price point is on sale. These $17 toys are half off, not the $18 ones. *shrugs*

I am tempted to lawyer up my local TRU and get every single limb price adjusted. ^^

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #16
Bountyan
Cybertron

Too bad I already have all the pre-CW Generations toys.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
mcfmullen
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
There's another thread on this topic with a lot of interesting perspectives. That said, where I come from (Canada), the law states that it's not fraud. However, you can argue that it's morally questionable, but even then, it depends on the argument you want to make for or against it. Especially if you aren't aware of SKU numbers, pick up the flyer, think 'hey, that name matches' and go into the store. If it's okay for random buyer to do that who doesn't know it (and really, it is LABELLED AS THE SAME PRODUCT and the value, as we all have argued, is the same as they are all Generations Deluxes despite recent price increass on newer stuff) and it works, then it's okay for us as well.

Fraud would only be if you were to slap a fake sticker on it, go to a bogus website listing (like the PS4 fiasco at Walmart a while back) and outright lie to people. You bring in a flyer and they accept it or not. EOD. There is no discussion of lying to someone, just making an argument. Some TRUs accepted the logic, others didn't. No fraud, just smart shopping.

Not trying to fan the flames or anything, I was just put off by how blunt your statement might appear to someone who may not have your same perspective. I respect all viewpoints and attitudes so long as they are politely given.
The knowing deception of convincing a store to give you a price for an SKU it isn't meant for is by definition fraud.

LYING to get what you want for gainful advantage is fraud.

Combiner Wars is NOT Generations. Different SKU, different price, different product.

If you think otherwise, you're in denial.
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #18
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

CW is generations. If you think otherwise, you're illiterate. New branding, yes, at an inflated price point, yes, but still generations according to the packaging and hasbro. Again, my statement was if you don't know skus or why some of the same type are on sale or not. All I said was you can ask and make an argument.

Nowhere does it specify, in normal shopper terms, which generations. Asking and making an argument is not fraud. The flyer has a picture of a figure released a year and a half ago and is not in stores. It's fraud by TRU to advertise something they don't have! You're in denial if you think otherwise (sarcasm).

Seriously, you can just ask in store. They may say no or yes. The end.

Last edited by The7thParallel; 05-23-2015 at 03:09 PM.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:01 PM   #19
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfmullen View Post
The knowing deception of convincing a store to give you a price for an SKU it isn't meant for is by definition fraud.

LYING to get what you want for gainful advantage is fraud.

Combiner Wars is NOT Generations. Different SKU, different price, different product.

If you think otherwise, you're in denial.
Thanks dude. just to be clear im not judging anyone.... ive used coupon codes inappropriately.... just for sake of duscussion ...
Old 05-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #20
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post

Your perception is your reality regardless in what vain I meant it. Nonetheless it is fraud. There's no room for diverse opinions and left wing tolerance on this one. Again not judging anyone. I bought silverbolt from amazon and returned that item after i bought and opened it from toysrus to save 7 bucks.