Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #11
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Here is a question for all about ordering online and COVID-19

Two packages are currently en-route from Mandy

The first, I went SAL small packet right before the COVID business began affecting their shipping policies - this package, got "Returned to Sender" at Tokyo airport (as per the tracking details anyway) and is currently in "retention" at (I presume) the post office before going back to Mandy
I reached out to Mandy to make aware of scenario, they said we'll work something out when package returns to them

The second, I ordered after the COVID shipping policy changes - I attempted to go SAL but they said it wasn't available, and bumped it up to "Air small packet"
So far that one hasn't Returned to Sender; I'm hoping it will show up in under two weeks from now

But yeah, never had these issues before ordering from them, COVID times are a thing for sure
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

No issue with G1 Reissue Trypticon and Turbo Grafx 16 mini, they both arrived in less than a week.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #13
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Not buying or collecting during the pandemic. Everything will be there after. But, that said, I heard that Amazon was only shipping essential supplies at the moment and, let's ne honest, nothing about collecting is actually essential. I dunno, I would just say be patient. It'll come when it comes.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #14
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

Okay I guess I should have been more clear with my point as the COVID scare drags on it is getting harder to go to store or order things online, where I live the local walmart has you waiting in lines outside the store and the stock is bad at best I do understand that food and medicines should come first. but when you have already payed for an item and it sits in preparing to be shipped for four days is mind bogging. the whole thing is was anyone else finding this problem too.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:03 PM   #15
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Not buying or collecting during the pandemic. Everything will be there after. But, that said, I heard that Amazon was only shipping essential supplies at the moment and, let's ne honest, nothing about collecting is actually essential. I dunno, I would just say be patient. It'll come when it comes.
They just don’t put non essentials as high priority even if you have Prime membership. They still ship other stuffs but they are all over the place. I got a game on release day, a electronic scale after a week & a half, and a book (which I actually wanted to pass time) with an indefinite timeframe w/ a placeholder delivery date in mid May.

Other stuffs on postal are delayed. I am actually waiting for a couple of pieces by Expedited that are over due for a week. I have had EMS packages from Japan that took longer then usual w/ reduced commercial flights. Even couriers are behind.

Just be patient...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #16
steamwhistle
Crossover

I have Amazon Prime.

Ordered a powerline adapter on Mar. 20, and it arrived Mar. 21.

Ordered EarthRise Cliffjumper on Mar. 27, and it arrived on Mar. 31.

Ordered guitar strings on Mar. 29, and at checkout was provided an estimated delivery of April 20 (or 22, I can't remember). But was received on Mar. 31.

Ordered Glue, bread crumbs, gaming dice, K-cups, Tassimo pods, and other items on Apr. 13, and was provided an estimated delivery date of May 11. The glue arrived on Apr. 15. Nothing else has arrived yet.

Ordered some language learning books on Apr. 20, and was provided an estimated delivery date of May 11. Not received yet.

For items noted as "not received", I have not received a shipping notice yet, either. I did receive a shipping notice for the glue on the night before I received it.

So, yeah... your mileage may vary.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #17
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

To be clear, I really know nothing about how shipping works, and I can't remember where I heard/read/dreamed up this from.

But my impression is that broadly speaking, they have essentials and non-essentials. Filling a plane/truck with stuff is like a game of Tetris. Once they get all the essentials, or while they're loading essentials, there will be room/voids left over. And they fill those voids with the non-essentials.

So that's where the roll of the dice comes in. Depending on the size of those non-essential voids, your package may or may not get loaded on. So the smaller the package, the more likely a void of the right size will come up.

But like I said, I really don't know anything for sure.

Regardless, it's like anything in these times. Plan for the worst. Hope for the best, and be grateful for what you have. And if you have the luxury of being able to still spend on collecting without worry, realize you might have to be patient.

And as others have said, it'll all still be there once we come out the other side.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #18
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf77 View Post
Okay I guess I should have been more clear with my point as the COVID scare drags on it is getting harder to go to store or order things online, where I live the local walmart has you waiting in lines outside the store and the stock is bad at best I do understand that food and medicines should come first. but when you have already payed for an item and it sits in preparing to be shipped for four days is mind bogging. the whole thing is was anyone else finding this problem too.
I'm experiencing the same thing, I'm just not referring to it as a problem. It's reality right now. Amazon only has so many employees and so they are prioritizing shipments. Every product that I've looked at that isn't essentially basically has a warning on it that says there would be a delay in shipping. So that information is there before you pay.

Out of curiosity, what is the estimated delivery date on your confirmation? I haven't had anything miss that yet, it always arrives before the estimate.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #19
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
They just don’t put non essentials as high priority even if you have Prime membership. They still ship other stuffs but they are all over the place. I got a game on release day, a electronic scale after a week & a half, and a book (which I actually wanted to pass time) with an indefinite timeframe w/ a placeholder delivery date in mid May.

Other stuffs on postal are delayed. I am actually waiting for a couple of pieces by Expedited that are over due for a week. I have had EMS packages from Japan that took longer then usual w/ reduced commercial flights. Even couriers are behind.

Just be patient...
Ah, there ya go. My bad. You're right though, patience is the key now. The poor delivery folks are way over worked right now.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #20
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

Hey everyone the problem has been fixed there was an mix up and the reason the item was stuck in shipping was that it it coming for BC instead of Ont so no worries it is on it's way and props go out to everyone at amazon and all the hard working delivery folks that work their a@#@ off to keep this great country running. I thank all of you.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote