Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Soundscream? A Siege packaging error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Yes I read exactly what you said. You think it's impossible to do a switch like that? Tape can easily be peeled back and you just switch one clamshell for the other and put the tape back. When I worked retail there was a guy who could do that with Hot Wheels bubble cards and switch them out for Dollarama cars. All I said was that anything is POSSIBLE. Did you READ that part? You posted a question obviously wanting responses and I posted an opinion. You don't like the opinion that's fine but don't insult my intelligence by asking if I READ what you wrote.
I wasn't insulting anything. I'm just saying I con't see how that is remotely possible from a factory sealed case. Maybe it is. I dunno. Seems like a hell of a lot of effort to go to the factory level.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #12
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
It happens all of the time and I've seen so many perfect switched figure jobs where you can't tell it'd been switched unless you look at the figure itself. There are some talented Scammers in burlington that make it an art form. It's easy to switch figures that are from the same line and price point as you don't even have to snap the band's that keep them tied, just move the whole shell to the other box and they are the same exact size box. Buy the figure on sale at another shop, Perfect tape work and box work and unless you check the actual figure then they get a new figure. Happens all of the time, 9 times out of 10 it's a switch job.
Soundwave and Starscream have been out here in Canada since March, I got back from Florida where I picked them up at a Walmart there and the day after I got back my local ebgames has 2 of each of them, I've seen at least 20 of them since March. Also they have been readily available online for quite a while now.
They have been out since March everywhere but here...only been here since yesterday,lol. I dunno why anyone is saying it is a switch job though. I mean, I would agree with everyone but in this case the one part that shocks me is that I saw the guy take it out of the sealed Hasbro case. How does a scammer switch it and get it back in a sealed Hasbro case? To be fair, I have never in my life seen a switch firsthand. I dunno where you dudes all live and maybe there is a way to pull that scam and get it sealed in a factory case again, I dunno.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #13
JLvatron
Chosen 1

I think the point people are missing is it wasn’t a typical switcheroo, where the box is returned with a bootleg figure. Both figures are very new, same large value.

Also, these figures are so new to stores, why switch or return At all?

Did some kid get lucky buying these, open them extremely carefully out of box, then his mom told him to repack and return them for spending too much?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:23 PM   #14
justprime
Animated

This happens from time to time from the factory it also happens with wrong accsessory's being packed ...there is a collectors market although small and not main stream for these wrong packaged pieces dont fret it is a thing that happens from time to time ...not a return or some one switching out the piece (although that happens) just another qc issue this time in packaging and has been happening for quite a number of different transformers series....as far back as g1
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #15
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
It happens all of the time and I've seen so many perfect switched figure jobs where you can't tell it'd been switched unless you look at the figure itself. There are some talented Scammers in burlington that make it an art form. It's easy to switch figures that are from the same line and price point as you don't even have to snap the band's that keep them tied, just move the whole shell to the other box and they are the same exact size box. Buy the figure on sale at another shop, Perfect tape work and box work and unless you check the actual figure then they get a new figure. Happens all of the time, 9 times out of 10 it's a switch job.
Soundwave and Starscream have been out here in Canada since March, I got back from Florida where I picked them up at a Walmart there and the day after I got back my local ebgames has 2 of each of them, I've seen at least 20 of them since March. Also they have been readily available online for quite a while now.
I have to agree with Matrix_Holder here, Burly is notorious for repackages

Ive only seen a few TF’s like that this year, thankfully. However, Marvel Legends are pretty bad for that still.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #16
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
I think the point people are missing is it wasn’t a typical switcheroo, where the box is returned with a bootleg figure. Both figures are very new, same large value.

Also, these figures are so new to stores, why switch or return At all?

Did some kid get lucky buying these, open them extremely carefully out of box, then his mom told him to repack and return them for spending too much?
Not just that, but everyone seems to miss the point that these weren't on the shelf already. I watched the sales clerk open the delivery/ shipping box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
This happens from time to time from the factory it also happens with wrong accsessory's being packed ...there is a collectors market although small and not main stream for these wrong packaged pieces dont fret it is a thing that happens from time to time ...not a return or some one switching out the piece (although that happens) just another qc issue this time in packaging and has been happening for quite a number of different transformers series....as far back as g1
There we go. THIS was what I was wondering about. I'd never heard of this before and wondered if such factory mispackages happen. Thank you, sir.

Ì really wasn't looking to offend folks, just this instance of the wrong package stood out as different to me for many reasons.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #17
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Sounds like it just an error from the factory. I had a sealed potp terrorcon i recently opened with the wrong instruction in it.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #18
riderman
Beast Machine

I think anything is possible it could be a factory defect and someone put Starscream in a Soundwave box by accident. You guys do remember the G1 Hot Rod issue some time back when they put the toy in the wrong way and reissues later they put them back in the right way. Also to add to this discussion remember the first wave of Starscreams were missing the pin? I'm shocked that these issues passed QC in the first place.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #19
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Yes, factory swap error makes the most sense.

Recall all those G1 swapped Bumblebee/Cliffjumpers

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #20
VidzxVega
Generation 2

I saw one of these at my local EB!
VidzxVega is offline   Reply With Quote