Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #21
laffy
Crossover
Re: Others Experience with Customs Charges

I know for a fact that Takara does and (I bet did it to mp13b) did a product QC check... back when mp sideswipe come out I was at my sellers car and he opened a sealed shipping box and one of the 6 had been re taped and he replied that Takara does QC checks and re tapes some of the boxes... as I was their first for pickup I got to chose which box I wanted.. long story short im sure this has happened to you and would not think anymore into it.. BUT I may pay I bid more but im sure ill get the best boxes shipped into Canada and if there was any issues inside the box I would be well taking care of... as for anyone trying to save some cash this is what you pay for sometimes....
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #22
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
A very timely post. I was thinking of trying these guys for the first time. I'm assuming that they are based in China. How long does it generally take for them to ship to Canada? Are the items well packaged to ensure a safe arrival?
Tony (chimungmung) has always been a great experience for me. Time frame to Canada has always been one week for me. Other Chinese sellers seems to take 3 weeks in comparison.

Packaging is beyond stellar. He retrofits each item with bubble wrap and styrofoam. Very well done IMO.

Ask for combined shipping rate reduction too if you have more than one item.

I'm waiting for TG-28 and WST Asteotrain from him. Should be here Monday according to tracking.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #23
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Tony (chimungmung) has always been a great experience for me. Time frame to Canada has always been one week for me. Other Chinese sellers seems to take 3 weeks in comparison.

Packaging is beyond stellar. He retrofits each item with bubble wrap and styrofoam. Very well done IMO.

I'm waiting for TG-28 and WST Asteotrain from him. Should be here Monday according to tracking.
Thanks bro. If you're a fan of WST, you have to pick up a WST Blitzwing. Mine just arrived from Hong Kong (eBay) and it's amazing.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #24
elburrito
Animated

Like Multiplex said, usually about one week. I've had a couple that took 12 days. Never had any problems with Chimungmung at all.

That said, now that I have discovered HLJ, Anime Export and (assuming I get things sorted out) Nippon-Yasan, I only use Chimungmung for something the Japanese Online Retailers don't have.

Quote:
A very timely post. I was thinking of trying these guys for the first time. I'm assuming that they are based in China. How long does it generally take for them to ship to Canada? Are the items well packaged to ensure a safe arrival?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #25
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:

Got my FP Aerial Team Add-on from Chimungmung. Experience was smooth.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #26
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
I hear a lot of people mention the following sites on this board and TFW2005. These seem to be the go to sites for early bird preorders direct from Asia.

If you have any experience with buying from these sites below and other international sellers not on the list, positive or negative, lets hear about it.

Also what is your experience with getting hit with customs charges and marking orders as Gift and/or Low Value so we don't get charged customs?

Anime Export
Hobby Link Japan
AmiAmi
Robot Kingdom
Captured Prey
Nippon-Yasan
EhobbyBaseShop

I managed to get early bird pricing on Nippon-Yasan the other day for MP Bluestreak so thought I'd test out the waters. I realize it's a bit of a crap shoot with customs but wondering if some of these sites or any others not mentioned are "Canada Customs-friendly" I've yet to be nabbed through my regular route but some of the things I need to order are not available there.
I haven't bought much from online sellers recently, but I did get the FP Munitioner and Explorer from BBTS and got slapped with $28 in Customs fees, but my orders from ebay (Bought an MP10B from Animetropolis and Stargate Atlantis Boxset from Videoreef) have never seemed to get by customs.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #27
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Thanks bro. If you're a fan of WST, you have to pick up a WST Blitzwing. Mine just arrived from Hong Kong (eBay) and it's amazing.
Yup I read your feedback on the other thread. Maybe later. I'm probably going for the new WST Black Out Giftset first. Tony's got a good price. I don't know why I need it. I got the other four, why not one more

And yup I'm a big fan of WST. Just recently bought the WST Twincast from Robot Kingdom. Damn I never had such fast shipping. Literally 3 days. No customs. Good experience.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #28
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

From the stores I shopped at

Robot Kingdom = NEVER
TFSource = NEVER
Captured Prey = One time out of many
BBTS = ALWAYS 100% of the time

Customs are that unknown bitch of a number that makes no sense no matter what math you use. I hate customs!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I got his with the last two (upwards of 25% of the value before shipping or taxes), but other than that I've slipped by for years hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #30
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
I sure hope it is Japan Customs because I would hate to lose N-Y as a source. They have responded to my concern and are adamant that all of their products are new.

If fact, the responder appears to be offended that I would even suggest they might send a used product. I am keeping the MP-13b (by the way, there is no break or stress mark visible anywhere, in fact, the toy itself is in remarkable shape, just has springy legs).

I am going to work something out with Nippon-Yasan i.e., they throw me a bone of some kind and promise to double check packages to me.
Just wanted to comment on Nippon-Yasan. I got my MP-13B package today it was well packed, mint box and arrived in 12 calendar days. Value was marked as 10 yen. No customs.

Regarding tape...

Yes indeed, the outer box was double taped and the inner tray was taped at least three times, maybe four on one edge.

However, the figures were in mint condition and didnt look played with. Judging by the tape used, each strip of tape seemed to be of the same kind, meaning the same source, so I'd say this was all done by the manufacturer (Takara) and not Nippon-Yasan or Japanese customs.

Any update with N-Y regarding your issue?