Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #21
Sideslap
Master Shazbot
Re: Must have Beast Wars figures?

I'd suggest Prowl the Transmetal Owl. Hilarious I know. He has two versions but I'd totally recommend the black one. His coloring is great and he has a very satisfying transformation if you don't have the instructions. My friend had it and couldn't figure it out so it became an obsession for me to get it right then it became part of my collection.

Other then that Batimus Prime and Gatortron (megatron) will always be one of my favorite sets. 10th anniversary TM Rattrap isn't bad either.
Beast Machines Battle Unicorn

Sideslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #22
Megatronimus
Beasty

Well, I got the Fox Kids TM Waspinator, and i got to admit, he's a damn fine figure. Great colors, and menacing beast mode.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #23
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

I think I have everything Beast Wars. A lot of the show characters are cool, but for non-show characters... Of the top of my head...

TM Iguanus - He's got a cool robot mode. I like the gladiator "skirt" along the back and the helmet, tail on the back look. Also I kind of like how his beast head flips through to beast mode. You can also get Universe Reptile (same mold and the colours match regular Iguanus).

Spittor and TM Spittor - I can't tell you what it is about this guy, but he's just a fun toy to have. The TM version is cooler and fun to fiddle with, but even the regular version is somehow fun - maybe because of his extra long limbs or something.

Razorclaw - both versions are cool (the darker purple or the lighter pinkish-purple). He's just a neat little guy.

Insecticon - Another cool small guy. His crossbow breaks up and fits under his wings. This was one of my first Beast Wars figures; I like him quite a lot.

Scarem - He's fun to handle for some reason. I like the way his two bug legs make one of his regular legs and he has giant blades for hands!

Noctorro - I don't like his beast mode, I don't like his hands, but he's a maximal that looks like a demon!

Nightglider - He reminds me of a knight in robot mode and he has a little sword from his tail.

Shokaract - If you can get him for an OK price, go for it. You've got one of the beast molds (Rampage) in a really cool colour scheme and he has Unicron's power! How can you lose?
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
chans formers
raff ow roud

if you can, bw japanese "heinrad".

a noodle/tea cup gun and a funny lookin' alarm clock,what more can a guy ask for?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
if you can, bw japanese "heinrad".

a noodle/tea cup gun and a funny lookin' alarm clock,what more can a guy ask for?
Not to mention literal ball bearings of chrome steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #26
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I'm surprised Torca hasn't gotten more votes. Torca! One of the most ferocious of the Fuzors! Well, I've always enjoyed him.

Polarclaw has always been one of my favorites. He has very good proportions in Robot mode (except maybe the tiny feet), two interesting robot heads, fun gimmicks, and in beast mode, he has a "pounce" feature, where his rear legs swing back & his beast mode fangs spring out. Quite cool for an early BW figure.

Manterror was always one I liked, as well. The mix of solid & translucent green plastic is quite attractive. Amazing articulation, and his disc-shooting ability is pretty fun to play with.

TMII Scourge is also a very cool looking toy. Highly recommended.

-BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #27
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
These are my enduring favorites of the non-show models:

Clawjaw
Powerpinch
Razorclaw
Jetstorm
Quickstrike
Buzzclaw
Cybershark -- either regular or TM
That's pretty well my list of awesome non-show BW toys as well (I don't have Buzzclaw). I really have a soft spot for the marine-based Beast Wars figures. Love the idea of Cybershark & Claw Jaw as pals, and Razorclaw is just gorgeous and surprisingly complex for a basic. They did some really nice stuff at that class once they stopped the 'auto-change' bit. Quickstrike is also beautiful, complex and pretty well show-accurate. Which isn't to totally disparage the earlier basics, because I really love Snapper and Insecticon as well. I apologize for whoever suggested Drillbit is a great toy. Man, toy is barely better than a McDonald's Transformer. I think Polar Claw is worth finding but don't go out of your way to find him. He is on the weaker end of the Mega scale. Some iteration of the Dinobot mold should be easy to find, though for such a reused mold it's not really very good. =)

Another figure I don't particularly like is the original deluxe Rhinox. A lot of BW figures have kibble but his particularly annoys me; as well he's probably the most disappointing in terms of show-to-toy comparison (granted, he came before the show was airing - original character models of Rhinox look much closer to the toy. Very glad they changed him). He sorta has the CGOD but it's set up as a mace so he can't hold it like a gun; he sorta has his head mold but it's tiny underneath a really awful mutant head; and he's only deluxe size. There was a rumour of a voyager class CHUG Rhinox a year or so ago, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I have almost the entire line of North American store-released figures (I have a few Japanese guys, mostly dinosaurs, but it's not what I'm after). Megatron and Primal in all four forms are pretty fun, for different reasons. The Transmetal versions of both are probably the most solid. I love ape Prime for his size, durability and insane amount of weapons. TMII Dragon Megatron is probably the prize of my collection. Generally speaking, the Transmetal line is extremely well-done for both show & non-show characters, if you can find them with chrome intact. TM Terrorsaur is so cool. TM Tarantulas is show-accurate and awesome. Rampage is a hulking brute, his only downside being a very basic transformation. The Fuzor line, IMO, wasn't as successful but outside of Quickstrike I really like Sky Shadow. Silverbolt is pretty good too. TM2 line is hit & miss, but there is some fun stuff in the series.

My two favorite toys are probably mega Scorpononk and Inferno, and ultra TM Depth Charge. Scorpy was my first BW toy. Love his shiny, smooth, sinister look. Fun gimmicks, fun transformation, great look. Inferno is a bit kibbly in robot mode but hot damn he's Inferno and he has the blender-butt and looks goddamn crazy. Depth Charge reminds me of a big G1 toy more than any other BW, but with articulation. He's so THICK compared to a lot of the skinnier BW, with big anime boots instead of tapered legs, great use of chrome (where on some it's kinda glaring or unnecessary), fun gimmicks and just a giant frikkin' beast mode.

Hell I think Beast Wars was a really, really great line in general. On top of reinventing Transformers and providing high levels of detail, show-accuracy and articulation, some of the toys are just awesome. End of story.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #28
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

If you want something a little different, grab yourself BW Neo Sharp Edge. He's a remould of Cybershark and he is all kinds of awesome! Great coloration and the chest mounted missile launcher, twin missiles and twin swords are all kinds of awesome! I got him last weekend and I am so glad I did! This guy has to be one of the best BW figures I have ever laid my hands on! You won't be disappointed, especially if you're looking for a kick-ass Maximal!

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #29
Megatronimus
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
If you want something a little different, grab yourself BW Neo Sharp Edge. He's a remould of Cybershark and he is all kinds of awesome! Great coloration and the chest mounted missile launcher, twin missiles and twin swords are all kinds of awesome! I got him last weekend and I am so glad I did! This guy has to be one of the best BW figures I have ever laid my hands on! You won't be disappointed, especially if you're looking for a kick-ass Maximal!
I would love to get my hands on this figure. Anyone wanna sell me it?
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #30
Nocturn
Previously Dead

All of them