Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-25-2020, 01:41 AM   #11
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: New Toys Prices Discussion

On one hand, I agree that the price hike is quite outrages... but on the other hand.. the engineering is just too good to pass up on the Siege/Earthrise if you compare to the older Classics. I have all the Classic figures that you showed in your photo +more... and I was up to a point I quit buying the main line but Masterpiece only. However Masterpiece right now is just too much for what you get.. so I am very selective on that. I have been telling myself to stay away on updating my Classics, however I gave in at wave 3/4 on Siege, and ended up paying double for Ironhide/Ratchet. These new TFs are significantly better in comparison. The main point is, I have limited space, hence I rather display something better/advance.

Here is my new display for this year. I also have another shelf for other TFs and big figures like Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega, etc. I recently installed LED on this new display and I am slowly working on it whenever I have time, I have been enjoying doing it all these years of collecting.

protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:11 AM   #12
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I spend the same amount. I just buy less. Or wait for sales. Sometimes that means I might miss out on a figure. Oh well. I feel that Chug/Combiner Wars/Titans return/etc already fill out all the characters I want in my collection. The new figs are nice and I'll replace my old ones where I can. But it's not a priority.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #13
bqpetn
Generation 2

Awesome display!!! I wish I have a display like this.

Yes I agree the new line design is "better" (basically more G1). Classic line was trying to create a new look.

However, the quality and the plastic material does not improve in anyway compare with old lines. to justify the huge price increase.

With new design software programs and better mold technology, it is actually faster, easier and cheaper to create a new toy.

To be honest, Is it really worth $29.99 for a delux size, $39.99 for a voyager size and $69.99 for a leader size? O, also plus tax.

Same as MP series. toys r us MP OP was like $100, now the new MP OP is $550+. I don't know how many people can really afford that. Yes, I understand that the design is improved (new design cost), however, the molding, assembly line, the packaging and etc should probably cost roughly the same from the manufacturer point of view.

Just my thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
On one hand, I agree that the price hike is quite outrages... but on the other hand.. the engineering is just too good to pass up on the Siege/Earthrise if you compare to the older Classics. I have all the Classic figures that you showed in your photo +more... and I was up to a point I quit buying the main line but Masterpiece only. However Masterpiece right now is just too much for what you get.. so I am very selective on that. I have been telling myself to stay away on updating my Classics, however I gave in at wave 3/4 on Siege, and ended up paying double for Ironhide/Ratchet. These new TFs are significantly better in comparison. The main point is, I have limited space, hence I rather display something better/advance.

Here is my new display for this year. I also have another shelf for other TFs and big figures like Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega, etc. I recently installed LED on this new display and I am slowly working on it whenever I have time, I have been enjoying doing it all these years of collecting.

bqpetn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #14
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Buy, don't buy, it's all the same in the end

I have far too many expenses for collecting, and shouldn't be doing it at all if I was serious about improving my station in life, but I'm here with the rest of youse because I watched the old cartoon as a kid, and the toys were the best

By & large I enjoy these lines, so I'm trying to eke it out
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #15
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:

\
That display is Bestas with doors, yes? Where'd you rig the lights exactly? Curious given that's rather similar to what I'm thinking of for my own shelving revamp.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #16
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
That display is Bestas with doors, yes? Where'd you rig the lights exactly? Curious given that's rather similar to what I'm thinking of for my own shelving revamp.
No, it isn’t. It’s Billy. BESTA would be more ideal if u have the room for it, which I don’t. The light is quite easy to install. I just test fit it before I put it in , and then all u need is a electric drill to drill some holes, that’s about it.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #17
seancuthbertca
Generation 2

These new toys aren't very interesting to me in the first place. I just bought the ones of my faves, Soundwave and his cassette-bots and the Seekers. I have many of the Walmart G1 reissues but I don't see myself buying many of them this year, the ones they're releasing hold no interest for me. Mostly I'm putting my money toward original G1s. There's 3 different collectibles stores within a 40 minute drive of my house. So when I have the money and get the itch off I go. Mortgage, bills, savings and kids need paying first. So it doesn't leave much lately.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #18
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
No, it isn’t. It’s Billy. BESTA would be more ideal if u have the room for it, which I don’t. The light is quite easy to install. I just test fit it before I put it in , and then all u need is a electric drill to drill some holes, that’s about it.
Yeah, I don't know why I said Besta when I meant Billy.

I'm more curious about what the placement of the light strips was and if they interfered with shelf placement clearancewise.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #19
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Yeah, I don't know why I said Besta when I meant Billy.

I'm more curious about what the placement of the light strips was and if they interfered with shelf placement clearancewise.
BESTA is actually good if you have the room. PM'ed. Don't want to go off topic.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #20
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
the engineering is just too good to pass up on the Siege/Earthrise if you compare to the older Classics
I disagree with this. Some of the engineering is tops. Some is garbage. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER LINE SINCE CLASSICS STARTED.

Just because something is more "complicated" doesn't make it "better." Movie leader Prime, step up! Now, does Earthrise Prime look pretty great? Yeah, although, the trailer, not so much.

I think the current datsun is mediocre. Those feet are terrible. The CHUG datsuns are fucking great toys. Voyager Jetfire remains a great toy even if Siege is an amazing size we never had before. Not so impressed with a lot of the Siege toys. It is what it IS. The engineering/paint is not suddenly ten dollars more toy. Not a chance. There are still widespread QC or design issues. FOr ten bucks more a small deluxe, come on. For forty dollar voyager, why are Grapple and Apeface entirely prone to snapping pegs?

Because it is "more G1" I get why that appeals to fans. I'm not necessarily super into G1 toon accuracy. T30 Springer remains the superior toy to me, both engineering and aesthetics. That's also subjective, but siege Springer does little for me, and almost every friend who kept theirs has had something break or go loose immediately, or is terrified during transformation.

Meh.

The price increase is stupid and dumb.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote