Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Whic Optimus Prime combo is your favourite?
RID Omega Prime 38 58.46%
Armada Optimus, Jetfire, Overload all Together 2 3.08%
Energon Optimus & Wing saber powerlink (Wing mode) 3 4.62%
Energon Optimus & Wing saber powerlink (Muscle mode) 3 4.62%
Energon Omega Optimus supreme 3 4.62%
Cybertron Sonic Wing mode 15 23.08%
Cybertron Savage Claw mode 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #91
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: your favourite optimus prime combo

Wow, Enrg.Wingsaber connects with classics Prime?

If you can, try rotating Prime's grill&tires to the front; it'll give him a bigger look that's sell the combo better.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #92
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
In the Armada combination, does Minicon Sparkplug activate any feature? If yes, that's a combination that should count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I don't recall if any feature is really required for the combination or not, unless you count Jetfire's gun. In which case Comettor, Sparkplug, or Rollout would work for triggering that.

Considering the number of powerlinx points on Armada Prime, Jetfire, and Overload when combined, they could hold a number of Mini-Cons. Taken that into consideration, That would probably be the largest number of figures to combine with Prime to make a larger robot while keeping within the same toy line.

Thanks JLvatron.
I don't think just any Mini-con on any powerlinx point should count.
It should only count if the official Minicon of Prime, Jetfire, or Overload can connect to their respective master bot (in combined mode) AND still activate a feature.

Otherwise, Unicron would be the biggest combo with like 20, ...and that would be lame.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #93
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I don't think just any Mini-con on any powerlinx point should count.
It should only count if the official Minicon of Prime, Jetfire, or Overload can connect to their respective master bot (in combined mode) AND still activate a feature.

Otherwise, Unicron would be the biggest combo with like 20, ...and that would be lame.

Alright, I get you then. Armada Prime, Jetfire, and Overload with Sparkplug, Comettor, and Rollout makes a complete 6 figure combination, the most number of figures to officially combine with an Optimus Prime at the same time. And best of all, it works in their alternate modes as well.

This probably makes the most sense, since there are no additional purchases that would need to be made in order to make the combinations. Just the standard 3 figures and all that comes in their boxes.

On a side note, In robot mode Armada / Energon Unicron can hold a total of 30 Mini-cons at once occupying all of his powerlinx points. He can hold 35 if you count the spaces in his arms, legs, and gut. 36 if you remove the missile in his chest and occupy it with a small Mini-con. More if certain Mini-cons are combined to each other while being connected, but that just seems silly.

I've displayed both of those Unicrons fully loaded up at the same time. It does look like a mess, and makes the wings incredibly heavy, plus it takes a long while with some trial and error to get certain smaller Mini-cons to where they are needed. All in all, I wouldn't suggest it without some greater scope to the display, like Unicron attacking Primus.

About that Classics Wing Prime, its pretty awesome. It sort of makes me want to see one with the OP units, just to actually see it.

I like the outer wing modification, angling those thrusters down really helps alot. I'm sure on the standard Wing Prime this would have greatly increased his impressiveness.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #94
Omega_Prime
RULES!

I'm so sad I sold my Wingsaber... I'd actually have my Classics prime displayed like that...

Quote:
Wow, Enrg.Wingsaber connects with classics Prime?

If you can, try rotating Prime's grill&tires to the front; it'll give him a bigger look that's sell the combo better.
Actually I like the slimness of his abdominals it gives him so much more character, the blockiness of Energon prime is the reason why I sold the whole combo

Last edited by Omega_Prime; 10-07-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Omega_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #95
Pulverise2
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Prime View Post
I have found our winner!

SMOG posted on TFW this awesome picture (though he can't remember the poster who gave him the idea)

HOLy FRICKIN COOL!
Pulverise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #96
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Prime View Post
Actually I like the slimness of his abdominals it gives him so much more character, the blockiness of Energon prime is the reason why I sold the whole combo
For me, Prime looks too thin compared to the add-ons, so it looks more like he's put on a power suit (like Rigley from the movie Aliens), rather than actually combining with Wingsaber.