Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #11
ngnaw
Armada
Re: This Bride Canceled Her Wedding After Guests Refused to Pay Her $1,500 Attendance

Is $150 the new norm per guest now for a gift? or $120? or $200?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #12
Pascal
Banned
Re: This Bride Canceled Her Wedding After Guests Refused to Pay Her $1,500 Attendance

When we got married in 2006, I think we asked $30 per adult, less for kids. We had about 100 guests and after gifts and all, we pretty much covered our costs.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #13
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Same
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #14
Spacemonkey
Energon

No wedding here, so no trouble
Old 09-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #15
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

I think it depends on the venue now and how close you are to the couple getting married. Here in the GTA, over the past few 5-6 years I don’t think we have ever gone under $150 per person, so $300 total for the both of us.

For those of you not married yet, remember after the engagement ring, wedding ring there is only one ring left.

Suffering.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:36 AM   #16
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

After reading the whole post, it turns out the wedding was supposed to be in Aruba and the $1500 per person/couple(?) was to include the flights and accommodations. She seems to be most pissed with the fact the non-refundable deposit was $5000 and of course all the "betrayals" of those she thought had $1500 just lying around.

I'm no expert, but shouldn't you secure the financing for something like this before paying the deposit? Also, a little reverse math and it looks like she needed about 24 guests to pony up to meet her $60000 goal (she had about $23000 herself)

The rest of her post is pretty crazy. Her cousin's post says she's just a farm girl that's gone nuts for the Kardashians and no one in her family is very impressed with her bad attitude.

Funny story all around.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:49 AM   #17
Santorium
Banned

Ha-ha, what the hell... It's not even the first time I'm seeing this and it's still funny. Why would anyone spend so much money on a wedding if you're even not making enough? There are so many ways for a more humble and happy wedding, we had a fire eater at my cousin's wedding and I'm stunned every time I see people making tricks with fire... That's a good example of proper spending.
Santorium is offline   Reply With Quote