Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: The Wrasslin' Club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtsyder View Post
I haven't watched wrestling in about 15 years, though I still have a lot of memories from the mid-'80s to the late-'90s. As for this year's Hall Of fame inductees, they are:

Razor Ramon (Scott Hall)
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Lita
Carlos Colon
Paul Bearer
Mr. T
and.... The UUUUUUULLLLTIMATE! WARRIOR!
That is a well deserving class. Have to say though. If they don't induct Macho Man and Elizabeth next year, this HoF is just BS. RIP.

I wonder what Kevin Nash thinks that he didnt get the nod along with Hall. They were attached at the hip during the attitude era and arguably Kevin was more successful then Scott. But always liked Razors antics. He was memorable. Kevin was forgettable.

Can't believe Warrior was inducted considering all the controversy they had over the years. I guess money talks. I'm sure each inductee gets something out of this. Some sort of merchandizing %.

I think HHH is pulling a lot strings to get these disgruntled guys inducted I.e. Samartino and Warrior.

Oh and never heard of Carlos Colon. I'd like to see this ceremony. Love hearing the speeches and seeing the montages. Gives me the warm and fuzzies.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #12
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Not a bad Wrestlemania for a change, but I mostly agree about the Lesnar thing. But it will be nice not having it hang over Wrestlemania next year.

The Hall of Fame was nice to see, but it was really long. And until this day the choices of who gets in is just a crock. Ultimate Warrior but no Macho Man Randy Savage.. No doubt it's all politics and money.

I'm looking forward to the Network getting all the old Nitros. I miss the WCW days and the Monday Night Wars. WWE today is rare in having something I find to be very good most days.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I just watched Wavell Star whoop Antonio Scorpio on Saturday.

I still can't make myself care about the WWE no matter how hard I try.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #14
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Fun Fact. I hate Brock Lesner.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #15
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post

The Hall of Fame was nice to see, but it was really long. And until this day the choices of who gets in is just a crock. Ultimate Warrior but no Macho Man Randy Savage.. No doubt it's all politics and money.
I'm guessing it's more than just politics and money.
Savage and Vince didn't get along after Savage went to WCW. According to Savage's brother The Genius Lanny Poffo, it wasn't so much money as it was Vince thought Savage was passed his prime, which Savage disagreed with. And when Vince made commercials making fun of Hogan and Macho and WCW, Savage thought Vince had disrespected Miss Elizabeth(his then wife) when Vince did some commercial that hinted that Hogan had fooled around with her, plus some things Savage did that got Vince angry. Add to it Savage wanted both his father Angelo Poffo who was a promoter back in the pre-WWF/E territory days and his brother 'The Genius' inducted with him like they did with the Von Erich family. WWE balked at that idea and Savage said no to anything other than that apparently. Lanny is warming up to the idea of having his brother inducted on his own, more for the fans than obeying Randy's wishes now that it's been awhile since Randy's death.

I liked how Paul Heyman owned the mic last night. He basically buried everyone and everything in the company with his Brock Lesner promo last night.
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #16
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Multiplex,
the common thinking behind Macho not being in the HOF
is because it is widely speculated that back in the day he had sex with Vince McMahon's under age daughter Stephanie... whose husband Triple H, now pretty much runs WWE.

Macho/Bret Hart are tied for my favourite wrestler of all time.

I agree, best wrestlemania in years, I think that was because people were actually invested in the main event b/c of Daniel Bryan.

Taker's streak should have never been broken.
Wrong call in my books.
And if they were going to end it, it shouldn't have been by a PART-TIME wrestler.

That should have been saved by Roman Reigns or somebody they could build the future around.

Also, Naiomi should have won the divas title in a single's match vs. AJ That "match" if you can call it that, was a mess

overall though, really enjoyed the show
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #17
gcuemjj23
Generation 2

WWE Network = Awesome. Best $11.30 you can spend monthly. WM XXX was insane. Best WM since XXII based on the card as a whole. Brock was the right choice. Legitimacy of an actual MMA fighter is believable to beat the Streak. I would have preferred HBK or HHH to beat it though. All in all WWE has me roped in again after watching it on and off the last 4 years. It's time for the Shiel, Wyatt's, Cesaro and Bryan to reign supreme. Maybe CM punk if he comes back. Now give me Taker vs Sting next year and Brock vs Rock. Throw in Stone Cold vs Punk for good measure.
gcuemjj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #18
MULTIPLEX

I looked up this Carlos Colon cause I never heard of him. Apparently he was huge in Puerto Rico. They say there is a motive behind inducting him. Vince wants the World Wrestling Council (WWC) video library for the WWE network because they plan on taking the network international. And Carlos owns the rights to it.

This whole Hall of Fame is a smokescreen for internal agendas IMO. No wonder Randy and Honky Tonk said no.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:22 AM   #19
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but the Ultimate Warrior passed away:
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...es-away-at-54/

News of it hit the wires I think about an hour ago judging by WrestlingInc's tweets.

More details: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...in-home-state/

Last edited by BluMetalMonkey; 04-09-2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Added some extra information
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
MULTIPLEX

Damn, another one gone. RIP Warrior. Any word on cause of death?