Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 06-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Combiner Wars Devastator Review

Found this very good review of Combiner Wars Devastator and the Constructicons. Take a look, and hopefully it'll help you decide if it's worth your while to get the set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhvpC7YEhF8
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Review

That think looks so awesome.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
Hellboy
Alternator

Yeah... one too many things need to be fixed on it for me to consider dropping $200+. The reviewer mentioned the engineering and designs were obviously meant to appeal to the kids and not just the adult collector which I will agree with but when was the last time anyone under 40 saw Devastator in a cartoon? This is a huge disappointment for me. If Costco clears them out for $100 maybe I'll get on board.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah... one too many things need to be fixed on it for me to consider dropping $200+. The reviewer mentioned the engineering and designs were obviously meant to appeal to the kids and not just the adult collector which I will agree with but when was the last time anyone under 40 saw Devastator in a cartoon? This is a huge disappointment for me. If Costco clears them out for $100 maybe I'll get on board.
each to their own but we the collector is a very small number that buys the combiner wars stuff... you'd be surprised about what kids know, in the end they are selling and its not just us (collectors) buying them and the combiner line is not collector geared as many just think, its for kids and yes kids are buying them i for one if i want collector grade toys will buy 3rd party but this devastator is a great addition to the line and cant wait to buy two one for my collection and one for my kids... 189.99 is not too much at all when voyageurs are 30.00 each and theirs 6 of them One thing i learned is you cant please everyone and it looks like Hasbro knows this and has truly hit a home run with this line and with the kids
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Since he mentioned potential Dr. Wu add-ons I might get the Hasbro version with them over Takara. It will all depend on total price but I will get this for sure now
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

I guess if you want to decide between Hasbro vs. Takara, you have to consider what the Takara version offers.

As far as we know, the Takara version includes G1 accurate guns for all the Constructicons (which is in addition to the weapons made from combiner parts the Hasbro Constructicons are using, but those guns alone probably put said weapons to shame), a Devastator head that is able to change between visored and unvisored versions (that point alone moots the retail vs. SDCC Devastator head debate, since the Takara head can assume both, unless you care about chrome on the SDCC version), greater articulation for the Constructicons (including elbows for Scrapper, the lack of which was a big point of contention about the Hasbro version), and more paint applications.

I guess beyond those things, we should consider what the price difference is between the Takara version on its own and the Hasbro version coupled with add-ons like Dr. Wu. I have a feeling that the Takara version's features over the Hasbro version might make said add-ons partially redundant, and the Takara version might be overall more economical on top of that.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Since he mentioned potential Dr. Wu add-ons I might get the Hasbro version with them over Takara. It will all depend on total price but I will get this for sure now
Im all over these as well too price is the only factor but im sure Dr. Wu will hit a home run as always
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote