Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Toys and Collectibles

Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
machine.slave
Classic Gaming Collectors of Canada

Hey, guys and gals!

I've helped run a little site called CGCC.ca, which is devoted to video game collecting, classics and new.

Anyway, our Spring Meet 08 is coming up soon, and I thought some of you might want to come check it out. Since we're all fans of classic cartoons, maybe the love for classic games is also shared. Anyway there will be food and prizes available, we've been having these things annually for over 5 years now and they just keep getting bigger and bigger. We were even invited to attend the Fan Expo last year, but had to decline due to lack of support. Hopefully we'll get there in the future though! A few of our guys actually setup at the 80's toy meets though!

hope to see some of you there!

More info on the website, most specificly right here:

http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15245&start=0

Classic Gaming Collectors of Canada CGCC.CA
Swap meet MARCH 30th! Visit website for details!

Last edited by machine.slave; 02-28-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Classic Gaming Collectors of Canada

Sounds interesting, never been to one of these things, I might drop by.

Can you tell me from your past experience do any of the dealers sell arcade machines (full complete working cabinets, mobos, misc parts, etc)?

How are the prices of console games at the show compared to say Ebay?

Most importantly, is the Mario Banquet Burger made out of Goomba meat?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 03-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
machine.slave

I've been to every show (minus 1), the prices are always very generous. Most of us hate using Ebay as a price-guide, and we're also a fairly large community so it's more about helping others fulfill their collection. You'll never see Ebay prices at our shows. Ever.

As for arcade parts, there will probably be some boards there, maybe some Neo Geo carts, but they're generally pretty big and bulky to move around without a guaranteed sale in place. Also, sadly, the arcade guys and console guys don't seem to mix. That being said, the "Coin-Op" section of CGCC is very healthy. I've moved from consoles to coin-op myself, and have dealt with many of the guys in there to buy and sell machines. (I actually have a pinball machine I may sell if anyone's interested)

As for the Mario burger.. we'll have to see. Maybe it's made out of Toady!

BTW, it's not all old console stuff, there are plenty of new games there as well. A few independant game stores get involved.

Feel free to ask any questions, all.. I'll be there helping to organize it, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Sounds interesting, never been to one of these things, I might drop by.

Can you tell me from your past experience do any of the dealers sell arcade machines (full complete working cabinets, mobos, misc parts, etc)?

How are the prices of console games at the show compared to say Ebay?

Most importantly, is the Mario Banquet Burger made out of Goomba meat?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
machine.slave

here's the flyer I did for it, by the way. It pays off to work for a printing company

http://www.wpworks.com/Brock/spring_meet08.pdf

Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for the info, I'll most likely check it out. I sure would like to get my hands on my favorite arcade game from back in the day. Just curious how much do Arcade machines go for, used from the mid-80's?

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
machine.slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll most likely check it out. I sure would like to get my hands on my favorite arcade game from back in the day. Just curious how much do Arcade machines go for, used from the mid-80's?
What's the game you're thinking of? It really depends on the title. Popular hits like Ms. Pac-Man or Donkey Kong are a lot more expensive than more obscure ones. I picked up a dedicated, fully restored Altered Beast machine for $120, delivered. OR, my first cab I ever bought was for $80, it came with 5 different game boards (Superman, Renegade.. few others). Plus, it turned out to be a Pac-Man cabinet, painted black.. so I made money selling it to someone who wanted to restore it.

Regardless, they're not nearly as expensive as you think (not like pinball machines ). If you're limited for space, I recommend a 1 or 2 slot Neo Geo machine. They're fairly cheap, and they're cartridge based so they're easy to swap games.

OR you can go the less authentic route and buy / build a MAME machine.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine.slave View Post
What's the game you're thinking of? It really depends on the title. Popular hits like Ms. Pac-Man or Donkey Kong are a lot more expensive than more obscure ones. I picked up a dedicated, fully restored Altered Beast machine for $120, delivered. OR, my first cab I ever bought was for $80, it came with 5 different game boards (Superman, Renegade.. few others). Plus, it turned out to be a Pac-Man cabinet, painted black.. so I made money selling it to someone who wanted to restore it.
Is that all they go for? I'd love to get my hands on Galaga sometime down the road. Sure it is fun to play on the consoles... but there is something about the original arcade machine.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
-KG-
Kranix

I've always wanted to get my hands onto a SF II: Champion Edition or MK I or II.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
jacobot
drone 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Is that all they go for? I'd love to get my hands on Galaga sometime down the road. Sure it is fun to play on the consoles... but there is something about the original arcade machine.

Galaga...That was/is my favorite too. I've got the tv plug in hanheld, DS, Minibox versions but the original arcade cabinet game...that would be heaven
Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine.slave View Post

Regardless, they're not nearly as expensive as you think (not like pinball machines ). If you're limited for space, I recommend a 1 or 2 slot Neo Geo machine. They're fairly cheap, and they're cartridge based so they're easy to swap games.

OR you can go the less authentic route and buy / build a MAME machine.

Hope that helps.
Wow that's an awesome price for Altered Beast! Very much in the affordable range

I'm personally looking for a single arcade system for Ghouls 'N Ghosts by Capcom. I would prefer the system with all the nice decals but the "el cheapo" cabinet would also be awesome! Any idea what that game would range for?

Thanks for the help!

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca