Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #2261
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
How is Vader?
It sucks! Worst toy I have ever ever touche..... No no no. Like almost any other Figuarts, it's pretty fantastic. Articulation is great, if not familiar. Sculpt is fantastic. The cape is heavy and can get in the way, but being so long has the bonus effect of acting like a tripod to help him stand. If I had a gripe, it's odd that there are two light sabers: one on and one off. I donno why the blade is not removable like they are with Gundams. Making the second light saber not necessary. Actually it would of been nice if the second light saber had a tab that could clip on to the belt.

I don't have any other Vader's, but from what I've seen, outside of Hot Toys, I think this is one of the best out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
@ConvoyGTR: After playing with the CSM DecaDriver briefly, I think I see why you were saying that it's nice, but kinda underwhelming. I think it's because, in our heads, we were hoping for a difference level of, say, vintage MMPR Morpher or Dragon Dagger, and their recent Legacy versions. When in reality it's probably along the lines of the difference between a TF Alternator and TF Binaltech instead.
Impressive haul as always.

For me, I have the Korean version of the DecaDriver, so the cards already looks pretty close to the show. And I put some aluminum on the inside tube thing so the light bounces better, so the CSM also doing it is fantastic, but not new to me. If there was more diecast on it, that itself would have satisfied me more. It just feels too familiar, but way way more expensive.

My opinion of CSM is tainted becuz I have the CSM Double Driver and boy, what a rip off. It's the exact same thing, but has the belt and shinier stickers. Maybe I was naive, but was hoping they would add voice clips with switch sliders like I've seen in the CS Den O belt.

Last edited by ConvoyGTR; 05-15-2015 at 08:52 PM.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #2262
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post

For me, I have the Korean version of the DecaDriver, so the cards already looks pretty close to the show. And I put some aluminum on the inside tube thing so the light bounces better, so the CSM also doing it is fantastic, but not new to me. If there was more diecast on it, that itself would have satisfied me more. It just feels too familiar, but way way more expensive.

My opinion of CSM is tainted becuz I have the CSM Double Driver and boy, what a rip off. It's the exact same thing, but has the belt and shinier stickers. Maybe I was naive, but was hoping they would add voice clips with switch sliders like I've seen in the CS Den O belt.
I think that's the difference between the old CS belts and the more recent CSM belts. I have the DX Double Driver, and I've seen the reviews to the CSM one, and outside of the adult-sized belt straps, it doesn't really feel like it's all that worthwhile. Really don't think I'm gonna upgrade that one.

The way I see it, the CSM DecaDriver is actually better in all aspects (better paint, new sounds, better cards, better belt straps). I was, on the other hand, expecting it to be a tad more... premium, I guess. I don't regret selling off my DX version, though, which I picked up myself in Tokyo in 2009 when it was released, so I paid very little for it to begin with.

One day I might try to hunt down a CS Faiz Driver. Love my DX one to death (I had all the Faiz-series Drivers, but ended up selling all of them but the Faiz), but the CS one seems pretty kick-ass.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #2263
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
I think that's the difference between the old CS belts and the more recent CSM belts. I have the DX Double Driver, and I've seen the reviews to the CSM one, and outside of the adult-sized belt straps, it doesn't really feel like it's all that worthwhile. Really don't think I'm gonna upgrade that one.

The way I see it, the CSM DecaDriver is actually better in all aspects (better paint, new sounds, better cards, better belt straps). I was, on the other hand, expecting it to be a tad more... premium, I guess. I don't regret selling off my DX version, though, which I picked up myself in Tokyo in 2009 when it was released, so I paid very little for it to begin with.

One day I might try to hunt down a CS Faiz Driver. Love my DX one to death (I had all the Faiz-series Drivers, but ended up selling all of them but the Faiz), but the CS one seems pretty kick-ass.
Quote:
It sucks! Worst toy I have ever ever touche..... No no no. Like almost any other Figuarts, it's pretty fantastic. Articulation is great, if not familiar. Sculpt is fantastic. The cape is heavy and can get in the way, but being so long has the bonus effect of acting like a tripod to help him stand. If I had a gripe, it's odd that there are two light sabers: one on and one off. I donno why the blade is not removable like they are with Gundams. Making the second light saber not necessary. Actually it would of been nice if the second light saber had a tab that could clip on to the belt.

I don't have any other Vader's, but from what I've seen, outside of Hot Toys, I think this is one of the best out there.

Best part about the CMS DecaDriver is the fact that it actually plays BGMs from the show, that's the perfect cherry on top.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #2264
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
The way I see it, the CSM DecaDriver is actually better in all aspects (better paint, new sounds, better cards, better belt straps). I was, on the other hand, expecting it to be a tad more... premium, I guess.
My thoughts exactly. It's missing that little bit to make it premium. Perhaps if that part in gunmetal paint was diecast, that would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Best part about the CMS DecaDriver is the fact that it actually plays BGMs from the show, that's the perfect cherry on top.
That's what sold me on it. It feels really good when you have the BGM playing as you do the Decade henshin.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #2265
Valfar
Machine War

Quote:

Give a try at the Bandai 1/12th scale model kits, they are way better sculpts then the S.H Figuarts(Vader and Stormtrooper) and less expensive just, i think you need to paint some of them to really bring out those awesome sculpts.

Last edited by Valfar; 05-17-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #2266
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Haul from yesterday (17/05/2015)

-PS Vita Card Case [MOSC, from local Wal-Mart]
-reissue 1988 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Leonardo [MOSC, from fellow member herooftheday316]
-Hobby Japan June 2015 issue [from fellow member SMOG]
-Dengeki Hobby June 2015 issue [from fellow member SMOG]

Been trying to hunt down a second PSV card case for a while. Finally found one locally!
And while I don't collect Ninja Turtles nowadays, I dug up my old vintage set from my parents' place recently. Found Raph, Mikey, Don, and... Don. WTF!?!? I never had a Leo as a kid, and I had a second Don as a stand-in?!?

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #2267
Beechy
The Veteran.

Was in Toronto on Sunday and Picked up Legacy Titanus and Avengers 2 Captain America off Fez, and picked up the Diamond Select Enterprise-B and SHF Sailor Moon from Silver Snail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11265620_10152780909151078_793425478242982464_n.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	28483   Click image for larger version

Name:	enterprise.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	28484   Click image for larger version

Name:	moon.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	28485  

Last edited by Beechy; 05-18-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #2268
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Finally got my AmiAmi box in the mail today:

S.H.Figuarts Drive Type Speed W/First Run Bonus
Kotobukiya M.S.G Weapon Unit Macabre Scythe X 2
M.S.G Weapon Unit Knight Sword X 2
Old 05-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #2269
Bumblebee78
Robot Master