Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #21
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: MP Soundwave ehhhhh i dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Thrilling 30. It is the #9 out of the 30 figures that they are releasing for the Transformers 30th anniversary.
Aye. Thanks. Are the 30 figures known? Are they all MPs? Did I miss the first 8? Ugh, I don't think I can afford to "Collect Them All!" as suggested...
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #22
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Aye. Thanks. Are the 30 figures known? Are they all MPs? Did I miss the first 8? Ugh, I don't think I can afford to "Collect Them All!" as suggested...
They are not all MPs. There are G1 reissues, some Generations, and some MPs. Go google it and there should be lots of info about it. The popular ones right now are Generations Metroplex, MP Soundwave and MP Acidstorm. There are some that has already released like the G1 reissue Predaking, Prime Ultra Magnus, etc. I wouldn't recommand to collect them all unless you are rich and has too much money to spend.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
hcancrops
Generation 2

If ever there was a cash grab from Hasbro. I recall that they would release a very special big figure or a small series for one of the X0th or X5th anniversaries, but this time, 30 separate figures???. Isn't that like having to buy the wife 30 diamonds on her 30th anniversary?
hcancrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #24
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

You're complaining that they are releasing good product for the first time in a long time? I'm pretty happy there will be something to buy again, some of the thirty are easy passes for me, but some are great. Can't wait

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #25
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
It's a toy that's worth pennies, yet intrinsically priceless if you love G1 Transformers, especially G1 Soundwave.

As someone who owns this magnificent mold I say don't be a mindless sheep being led off a cliff by the herd. The leap is only worth it if you really want it.
Baaaaaah

What nobody here has pointed out, unless it was somewhere in the essay earlier in this thread, is that this is a robot who not only transform into a piece of 80's-90's pop culture....but also contains and releases at will NUMEROUS smaller, specialized robots who themselves transform into an extension of the main robots radical alternate form.

It's robots with a disguise within a robot with a disguise.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 08-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post
Baaaaaah

What nobody here has pointed out, unless it was somewhere in the essay earlier in this thread, is that this is a robot who not only transform into a piece of 80's-90's pop culture....but also contains and releases at will NUMEROUS smaller, specialized robots who themselves transform into an extension of the main robots radical alternate form.

Not to mention he also includes the only Masterpiece-scaled version of G1 Megatron we'll ever see released in North America.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 08-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Not to mention he also includes the only Masterpiece-scaled version of G1 Megatron we'll ever see released in North America.
I thought MP01, MP04 all includes G1 Megaton pistol.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcancrops View Post
If ever there was a cash grab from Hasbro. I recall that they would release a very special big figure or a small series for one of the X0th or X5th anniversaries, but this time, 30 separate figures???. Isn't that like having to buy the wife 30 diamonds on her 30th anniversary?
I don't believe they are 30 separate figures per say as from what I've listened to on the TFW podcast. The Metroplex's available count as 2 or 3 of the 30 and I think someone could check if the Platinum line has the ?? of 30 tag on them. The Year of the Horse items may fit in there as well who knows? Hopefully though there will be some surprises in there to, it'd be nice to go into a store and go "WTF, I didn't know ....... was coming out!"
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post
Baaaaaah

Bravo, another motivation
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #30
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I thought MP01, MP04 all includes G1 Megaton pistol.
Yep I have one from Hasbro's NA release of "DVD" Masterpiece Optimus.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote