Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #221
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
But today is the 6th.
Quote:
Well I could see MP Soundwave as qualifying as a maternity toy. Think about it Soundwave is a mom and gives birth to the cassettes.
CC, you broadcasting live from Yuk Yuks right now?
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #222
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
But today is the 6th.
Lol its not in Ontario yet should show up on the 7th or close to it
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #223
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
hahaha told you all aug 7th is the date their starting to hitting stores so my souces are right and they also say that stores are only getting limited stock only and the rest is being sold online again another mp10 dam i hate it when I am right.. thank the good lord that i have my takara mp sound wave as most is not going to get one
any chance your magical source knows when they may ship? lol
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #224
hcancrops
Generation 2

Would they really make more from the preorders given that this qualifies for free shipping? Anytime I've tried to ship something of that size, it cost me $35 for Canada Post. TRU probably gets a bulk rate from Canada Post, but I have to think that it would still be $15-$20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthug View Post
I'm assuming TRU are going to fulfill the preorders first if u look at a business point of view. They probably will make more money with the preorders as compared to the store. The stores will probably get 2-4 pieces per store. What do u think guys? Any input. I hate those scampers if u see on ebay someone has 16 MP Soundwaves and selling each for close to $300. Wondering how they could get 16 because some stores allow 1 per store.
hcancrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #225
isherlock
Generation 1

my friend lives in coquitlam and this morning his daughter woke him up early morning so he took her to the TRU there to play, thats when he saw the MP soundwave. he was the first person to buy it at the opening and there were total of four soundwaves, not 2. anyways he then went to doll section with his daughter and half hour later when he came back to service desk the remaining three were gone and the staff was about the trash one of the shipping boxes so he asked for it. on the box the control number says XX out of 600, so basically this shipment had total of 1200 soundwaves (2 per box)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
From what I was told. It was going to be 1000 units late August across Canada. So it most likely will be 1-2 boxes per store. Then another wave in Sept-Oct for 500 units. And if it sells well, MAYBE a shipment during Christmas.
isherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #226
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantulas View Post
Exactly this.
I double that , for a board member to have the intention to call down all the people that ordered was of poor character, most are here to enjoy being collectors as a community that supports each other.

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 08-07-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #227
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Coupons

Govern yourself accordingly.
uhh yea I didnt waste any of my time reading that

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 08-07-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #228
megaman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcancrops View Post
Would they really make more from the preorders given that this qualifies for free shipping? Anytime I've tried to ship something of that size, it cost me $35 for Canada Post. TRU probably gets a bulk rate from Canada Post, but I have to think that it would still be $15-$20.
They might have some kind of ongoing agreement deal, but you have to realize online stores save a lot of costs over their brick and mortar counterparts. It would still be profitable for them to give us discounted or free shipping.
megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #229
freshmeat666
Generation 1

So. The link to the pre-order page is gone and TRU.ca search for Soundwave results only FOC Soundwave and Beast Hunters Soundwave.. Too late I guess?
freshmeat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #230
halcyon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmeat666 View Post
So. The link to the pre-order page is gone and TRU.ca search for Soundwave results only FOC Soundwave and Beast Hunters Soundwave.. Too late I guess?
Yup. But once they start shipping out orders, don't be surprised if the link goes back up. I'm sure a few will cancel any multiple orders once they know they can secure one for themselves .

As an aside, has anyone tried to call in to apply the Hasbro 25% coupon a day or two after? There was much controversy about the coupon and I can't tell if they started to allow its use near the end
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote