Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #51
hcancrops
Generation 2
Re: Metroplex up for pre-order on Toysrus.ca

I don't know about you, but $140 for a "MOMMYMOMMYIWANTIT!!!" factor is quite steep. I would have thought at that price point, it falls under the "If you're very good between now and Xmas, then maybe Santa will bring it down the chimney" category.
hcancrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #52
protoform_ironhide
Commander

This thing is most likely purchase by teenager and adult collectors... The mommy must be nuts to buy it for a young infant. There are too many small parts and it is too complicated for kids to play with. Guys with kids will know what I am saying..
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #53
laffy
Crossover

all i can say is lmao when he hits shelfs and i have mine next to fort max and others here on this site will start to cry cause they did not get him when he first came out.. your just crazy if you hold off for a clearnce sale for this guy... metroplex was brought back to say hey look at me (largest transformers ever) thats it... this is not a kids toys its a show of power thats it...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #54
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I bought the giant Galactus figure at TRU and it had sat there for MONTHS. Same with the giant Sentinel figure. Some TRU's still have it!

It's possible this may happen, but as I said above, when I bought the huge Galactus, he has 11 phrases and not one of them is in french.
and both sucks and not wanted... metroplex is 2 feet of godness and is by far going to go down as one of the best transformers ever made... but is and will be a short run
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #55
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
and both sucks and not wanted... metroplex is 2 feet of godness and is by far going to go down as one of the best transformers ever made... but is and will be a short run
But Metroplex doesn't transform. He just sits down, spreads his legs, and stretches his arms.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #56
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Really?! That sucks if it is 10 dollars more. Lucky I got it this morning...

wonder if they will honour the morning pre order price ...
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #57
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Laffy.

You have to realize, some people rather have MP figures than a Metroplex, not everyone wants one.

Also the price, if it is going to be $140 retail, it would be hard to pay that price for a lot of collectors or parents who want to buy Metroplex for their kids. The size of this thing is MASSIVE, no joke, I slapped myself to just realize how wrong I was, its the same height as a human 5-6 year old, so someone might not have the space to own such a thing.

Last edited by FEZaid; 07-29-2013 at 07:51 PM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #58
Tonestar
Star Seeker

His price just jumped $10 in the span of about 6 hours...talk about inflation. At least the free shipping and thyme15 % deal helps.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #59
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I'll try to get him on a sale. The first appearances of the guy will sell out hard, but I won't be surprised to see him start to shelfwarm just due to pricepoint. That is, if distribution bothers to kick in before Christmas and there are current TFs on the shelves. Y'know.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #60
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
Also the price, if it is going to be $140 retail, it would be hard to pay that price for a lot of collectors or parents who want to buy Metroplex for their kids.
No one is going to buy Metroplex for their kids....trust me, unless if the dad wants to play with it, same goes with Masterpiece figures. I don't know if u have a kid, but it is very trouble and dangerous when u buy things with small parts for kids to play with... they basically put everything in their mouth... or get cut from sharp edges. Metroplex is probably aim for teenagers and adults as I have said before. Parents probably prefer buying those Prime Optimus and Prime Bumblebee that has no articulation that has released earlier. I have noticed those things are moving at local toy's r us. And I am seriously tempted to buy those for kids' birthday, because non of those deluxe, voyager and leader is safe for kids. I think toys company is doing the same with ironman, superman, power rangers, etc if u check out what's out there at Toy's R Us.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote