Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #1531
SimianProphet
Machine War
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Kingdom Core Megatron is now listed (though out of stock):

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../74444B2D.html

It is priced correctly too, unlike the other core figures.
SimianProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #1532
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Everything you guys are talking about has been going on for over a decade. The sad truth is if you aren't first. You're last.
Ok Ricky Bobby
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #1533
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Ok Ricky Bobby
SHAKE N BAKE

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #1534
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The supposed point of exclusives is to drive traffic to your business. The lack of reasonable limits on exclusives, like pretty much every store in existence does with a limited sale item, is ridiculous. Leaving it to the store level to make up rules about limits is dumbfounding in this day and age.

If people come to your store/site to buy an exclusive/sale item they will probably buy other things while there. However if they can't get said item they will likely not buy anything, on top of leaving with a feeling of ill will towards the company (consciously or subconsciously).

The other reality nobody wants to face is the "exclusive, gotta have it now" mentality. Anyone paying above retail for the classics Seekers? Didn't think so. What about any of the numerous Seekers released since then? Yep.

The reality is that a year, or two, from now most everyone will have moved on to whatever the "new" thing is being released and desire for these figures will be much lower, along with their price (compared to right now). Also there is a good chance that these figures will show up again somewhere down the road, most likely even this year since Hasbro has been improving at second runs of desired products. Although they still have a ways to go obviously.
While I agree with most of your post, and yes, so many suffer from "newitis" to a level that is beyond what it's ever been as if it's life changing race to get the latest and greatest thing, one thing that I will say that things have changed a LOT for the older figures.

Most turn into a "rare" thing that has driven prices up like mad. What I see is that there's been so much scalping and such, that a LOT of figures that would be the scraps, placed into a bin under the table at cons and flea markets, are now easily sold at much higher than the original pricing.

I keep seeing liquidation items from a year or so ago being sold now at easily more than the retail prices, some at double, triple it's value, including the shelf-warmers.

Heck, I see some people selling incomplete, damaged, used figures at unreasonable prices on a regular basis and if you dare go with offering a fair price, they act all offended about it.

It's been horrible I find, prices for new stuff are the "bargain" more often than the resell pricing we see.

The fact that people are actually arguing about wanting Hasbro to increase the prices even more "for better quality" makes my head spin... it's like part of the fandom wants prices to increase even more, and do not care whatsoever about the fans that don't have the budget for yet another price increase.

And your part about people going to sites and not finding what they want is spot on... personally I don't get feelings of ill will towards them, but I will move on to another seller that will have it and I will add extra items to cover the extra expense of shipping if it's high.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #1535
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

The fact that people are actually arguing about wanting Hasbro to increase the prices even more "for better quality" makes my head spin... it's like part of the fandom wants prices to increase even more, and do not care whatsoever about the fans that don't have the budget for yet another price increase.
From what I see, there is an elitist portion of the fanbase, of any fanbase for that matter. Owning something highly sought after and/or rare or expensive, makes them feel... I don't know... some how special. The "commoners" can take a hike as far as they're concerned.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:31 PM   #1536
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
there is an elitist portion of the fanbase
I have gotten in trouble too many times at work to know a trap when I see one, lol

Stayin' outta that one
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:55 PM   #1537
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
From what I see, there is an elitist portion of the fanbase, of any fanbase for that matter. Owning something highly sought after and/or rare or expensive, makes them feel... I don't know... some how special. The "commoners" can take a hike as far as they're concerned.

Haha, reminds me of the time when fans would go out of their way and pay more for the Takara versions of figures because they thought the higher prices meant higher quality. The higher prices were always simply due to importing, nothing else, but try telling them that.

Of course some knew that and still got the Takara versions because of deco preference, which is perfectly understandable.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:50 PM   #1538
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Haha, reminds me of the time when fans would go out of their way and pay more for the Takara versions of figures because they thought the higher prices meant higher quality. The higher prices were always simply due to importing, nothing else, but try telling them that.

Of course some knew that and still got the Takara versions because of deco preference, which is perfectly understandable.
Man, that was a weird piece of convincing oneself. I had some UW, some CW. There was never discernible differences; just deco. And that really comes down to pick your poison.

UW Computron was a lot better than CW Computron but that's down to more extensive retooling and shit, it wasn't nearly as lazy.

The only one that I would put in a "superior" category is UW Devastator when you factor in the improved knees on the treadbois and actual useful elbows on the other four. It had guns, too, but the quality of the figures is the same. Just funny how fans will wind themselves up.......

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:58 AM   #1539
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Also it would help if Tru didn't have $75 for free shipping now. My cancelled order was three runabouts (each would have gone to a different friend)... Because I COULDN'T order just one with a small Lego set, or two, and get free shipping.

You can just add another item to get past $75 then return that additional item in store.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:00 AM   #1540
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
That's part of a solution but nerds gonna get their shit.

Tru should absolutely be limiting exclusives like these to 1 or 2.

Some stores do limit 1 per person of a low inventory item.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack

Last edited by athanato; 03-03-2021 at 02:07 AM.
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote