Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-31-2024, 12:05 PM   #31
homerrca
Generation 1
Re: TF Fanstream Jan. 30th. The next HASLAB will be revealed.

I don't know if it would help but maybe check out those drop ship sites to see if it would be cheaper to have the item sent to a us address and then brought across to Canada.

Being that its 2.5 hours to the US border for me(if I drive at a relaxed pace), I had some items sent to a warehouse at the border, drove down and picked it up. Worked out well for me as I had some other items waiting there and I needed a road trip.
homerrca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:07 PM   #32
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrca View Post
I don't know if it would help but maybe check out those drop ship sites to see if it would be cheaper to have the item sent to a us address and then brought across to Canada
If I'm gonna get this guy (haven't backed yet), I will probably do this
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:24 PM   #33
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Does the timing on this seem longer? Saying it ships fall 2025... almost 2 years away?
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:13 PM   #34
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
So it definitely is free shipping to Canada for Haslabs now with Premium? I just want to find out for sure from someone who actually backed from Canada (as a Premium member) before I go in on Premium myself.

If true I wish they would have done that with Giant Man last year. I was so tempted but they wanted almost $50US for shipping and that made the price over $400 Canadian after everything. At the time I just couldn't pull the trigger, which I kind of regret now, but if I didn't have to pay that nearly $50US shipping I would have jumped in for sure. Of course Giant Man was not as big a want for me as Omega Prime.
I'm with you. I'm waiting for definite confirmation that Pulse Premium gives you free shipping for the HasLab. I'd jump on it and focus some incidental spending there if I got free shipping for this and other things...
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:14 PM   #35
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
This is my issue with it too and part of why i dont get all the G1 hate on reddit. 40 year anniversary and we still dont have some G1 characters. RiD should have to wait until 2041 for updates like the rest of us.
I wonder if those same people get annoyed whenever they make a new Spider-Man figure and he looks the way Ditko and Romita drew him instead of how he looked in that late-'90s cartoon with the furries.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:24 PM   #36
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Well, I backed it. Really wish the shipping was cheaper. For myself, it doesn't make sense to pay the $50 membership. I'm only ordering Transformers Haslabs (so those release every 2 years or so). Plus you get free shipping to Canada depending on how much you spend anyways (which is pretty stupid that Pulse can't give a cheaper shipping price on a $250USD Haslab figure).

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 01-31-2024 at 02:29 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:25 PM   #37
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Nice figure(s). Price too high. Too many hoops to jump through. Pass.

Quote:
i dont get all the G1 hate on reddit. 40 year anniversary and we still dont have some G1 characters. RiD should have to wait until 2041 for updates like the rest of us.
Ok but G1 is down to the D-list characters, and more recent lines get one-offs of only the most prominent characters, or ones who are easily produced through a redeco or minor remold. We don't even have CHUG's for all of the miniscule show cast of Beast Wars, and barely anything from after that. We don't have MP's for close to all of Season 1 Beast Wars, but we're getting trainbots.

1984 is 40 years ago. The prime "collector" demographic of adults with careers but no kids, 25-35, would've grown up on BW-Cybertron. They aren't nostalgic for G1 because they were never there, meanwhile Hasbro puts out a figure for seemingly every single character that was ever produced in the 80's. Of course these fans feel burnout on G1, because it's often nearly the only thing being offered, when their own personal experience has no connection with that era.

G1 has been getting remakes as long as some of these newer collectors have been alive. Alternators were 20 years ago. Classics 1.0 18 years ago. There is very little milk left in that cow for Hasbro, and going down the rabbit hole of Glup Shittos probably isn't as profitable as G1 fans would hope. We're already at the point of getting late-stage G1 figures who never appeared in the cartoons. And they shelfwarm. I go to walmart, what do I see? Skullgrin, Bomburst, Pointblank, Iguanus. Not Animated Prowl. Not Prime Arcee.

Anyway. Nothing personal but saying "RID fans should have to wait 40 years like us", is neither true nor fair, IMO. G1's most prominent characters get new figures every couple of years at least. Fans of other lines have had to make do with originals and very sparse updates.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:37 PM   #38
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Soundwave was one of the most prominent characters in G1 and the only modern figure he's ever had that looked like him and transformed into the same thing was a Wal-Mart exclusive from 2020 that barely anyone was able to get.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:02 PM   #39
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Nice figure(s). Price too high. Too many hoops to jump through. Pass.

Ok but G1 is down to the D-list characters, and more recent lines get one-offs of only the most prominent characters, or ones who are easily produced through a redeco or minor remold. We don't even have CHUG's for all of the miniscule show cast of Beast Wars, and barely anything from after that. We don't have MP's for close to all of Season 1 Beast Wars, but we're getting trainbots.

1984 is 40 years ago. The prime "collector" demographic of adults with careers but no kids, 25-35, would've grown up on BW-Cybertron. They aren't nostalgic for G1 because they were never there, meanwhile Hasbro puts out a figure for seemingly every single character that was ever produced in the 80's. Of course these fans feel burnout on G1, because it's often nearly the only thing being offered, when their own personal experience has no connection with that era.

G1 has been getting remakes as long as some of these newer collectors have been alive. Alternators were 20 years ago. Classics 1.0 18 years ago. There is very little milk left in that cow for Hasbro, and going down the rabbit hole of Glup Shittos probably isn't as profitable as G1 fans would hope. We're already at the point of getting late-stage G1 figures who never appeared in the cartoons. And they shelfwarm. I go to walmart, what do I see? Skullgrin, Bomburst, Pointblank, Iguanus. Not Animated Prowl. Not Prime Arcee.

Anyway. Nothing personal but saying "RID fans should have to wait 40 years like us", is neither true nor fair, IMO. G1's most prominent characters get new figures every couple of years at least. Fans of other lines have had to make do with originals and very sparse updates.
Not sure if you heard.. but the youth today dont have as much spending power as the older crowd. The buying power is still with the G1'rs.

I see your point but you said "D list characters". This isnt the bay movies where we get 30 bumblebees and optimus primes because they are the main characters. The original show had a rotating cast of main characters, the movie completely changing it in case you forgot. Some episodes focused on tracks, seaspray, aerial bots etc... its why the g1'rs want all the cast. Its not like how you watch a transformers show today and there is 5 main characters and we get 30 toys of each of the 5.

Also keep in mind.. back in the day.. the toys for G1... didnt exactly look like what we saw in the show.. in some cases being vastly different.

As for beast wars we have an updated cast minus Depth Charge being the only one left out? What am i missing?

They have been remaking G1 characters for a long time yes.. but at no point did they hit the sweet spot for looking like the characters we knew as kids while also still being affordable and readily available until WFC.

It was a little tongue in cheek to say RiD fans should have to wait for 40 years like the rest of us.. i obviously dont want that.

Last edited by RansakWORK; 01-31-2024 at 04:16 PM.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:50 PM   #40
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
As for beast wars we have an updated cast minus Depth Charge being the only one left out? What am i missing?
Rampage and Quickstrike would round out the unique character moulds, otherwise we'd be getting into Transmetals and other upgraded forms for the existing/OG cast.

Idly glanced at the thread at TFW2005. Can't say I feel much for these guys since VS and DS got their butts into my limited remaining space first, and I have a rule to only grab the Decepticons/Destrongers from this show since that's 6 figures and done. Scourge needs proper colours if I'm pedantic enough to get the new G2 Laser mould, but I'm basically already there.

Will see if I can justify the footprint if I do decide to ultimately dip in on this. VS and DS at least had the goofy Japanese allure of Space Gundam Samurai Robot and Mega Ultra Space Chicken respectively, despite my never having watched anything significant of Japanese G1 (outside of idle YouTube clips).
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote