Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-16-2022, 04:39 PM   #81
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
A new game is $80 but there is no reason to buy a game at release unless you just want to play it immediately or want to be a part of the early online meta.

There is very little reason to even bother with TRU at this point. With the amount they charge, their shipping rates and the price of gas you might as well just order their exclusives from the US and Asia if you need them, it'll cost the same and save you the hassle.
Bwbb Kup is basically going to be the same price to order from pulse as it will be to buy from TRU

*IF* I can even find one at TRU

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 04:49 PM   #82
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Bwbb Kup is basically going to be the same price to order from pulse as it will be to buy from TRU

*IF* I can even find one at TRU
Yeah. That's why I ended up getting Kup and Blue Bluestreak from HasbroPulse (plus pre-order the three Legacy Beast Wars recolours) because per figure it's about the same if I was able to ever find them here. I only wish I was able to get Cliffjumper too, but I couldn't wait for another potential restock... It's really weird times for TFs.

I'm not sure I made the right choice to get those BW recolours/remold heads... But I think there have been a lot of high quality TFs recently. I'm torn these days that's for sure. The price is about to get me out...
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 09:29 PM   #83
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
A new video game is eighty. A leader is eighty.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, but objectively, a video game is way more bang for the buck.

I just got kingdom galvatron. He's a fucking cool toy. I got him for sixty. 70, 75, 76.99, 80 Plus tax tho....

Same with commander rodimus. Just got him for a great deal. I think there's enough going on he's probably worth a bit more than a typical leader but 120? 125? The 140 Tru is charging? Not a chance. And beside sky-lynx and Jetfire it's ludicrous
Yeah I agree that we each value something differently.
No wrong ways to spend your money as long as it's not putting you in financial trouble.

Same here, I want a Galvatron from Legacy (I don't own any version), but $76.99 for a somewhat small leader class compared to Grimlock, Slug or Sludge, it sure makes me hesitate.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:07 AM   #84
Msol
Titanium

Quote:
A new video game is eighty. A leader is eighty.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, but objectively, a video game is way more bang for the buck.

I just got kingdom galvatron. He's a fucking cool toy. I got him for sixty. 70, 75, 76.99, 80 Plus tax tho....

Same with commander rodimus. Just got him for a great deal. I think there's enough going on he's probably worth a bit more than a typical leader but 120? 125? The 140 Tru is charging? Not a chance. And beside sky-lynx and Jetfire it's ludicrous
One takes up space. One takes up time.

Not sure which one costs more for me, to be honest 🤣
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:39 AM   #85
Brian12
Machine War

My local Walmart got Legacy Deluxes in and even tho I would’ve liked to get Dragstrip and Kickback, I settled only for Dragstrip. Even still, at 40.68 after taxes it was pretty steep. Was hoping there’d be a pricing error in my favor so I could get both tbh.

Dragstrip becoming Menasor’s right arm gave him the playability edge over Kickback for me, but now that means I gotta get the other stunticon deluxes for 40$ each, and that’s not even counting Motormaster

Though in Motormaster’s case, I think the price for him is justified as he’s not just a voyager sized robot, his trailer forms the bulk of a combiner wars sized super robot so I might just buy him on sight.
Brian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:17 PM   #86
skyshadow
Generation 2

I bought everything I can from Titan's Return (which is still my favorite and most complete collection). I was the same with Siege, but the quality and novelty of the transformation started going down (at least for me) with Earthrise. I'd say I only got about half of the Earthrise release. Kingdom fared better only because the original Beast Wars came out in my teen years and nostalgia won me over despite the price increase.

My collecting in Legacy will be much more restrained compared to before.
skyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:08 AM   #87
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
I was at Walmart today and a mother was looking for a figure for her son. And she says to me these are really expensive. She ended up getting a cyberverse since it was on sale but man if regular collectors are questioning buying at msrp, its killing off the avg parent buying a random toy.

I know what that was like, every Christmas its what kind of toys do we get for our little guy. He likes his video games, but he can't get all games all the time. Masters of the Universe was quite reasonable. We're glad he doesnt seem to much care for Transformers. And Lego is one of his top priorities, which is also kind of pricey but more bang for the buck since he gets to build and then re-build his own creations afterwards.

So I'm quite glad to see MOU make a come back. And with Vehicles and the Castle all pretty decently priced. Only issue really was finding certain figures like every other line. I managed to grab a He-Man and Skeletor but didnt see them again. But with the prices as good as they are Im sure any parent with little boys were probably keeping an eye out.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #88
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Can anyone explain the price jumps between what places like A3U and Gamestop are charging between Legacy Wave 1 and 2? Seems odd to see such a jump between two waves of the same toyline.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:21 AM   #89
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Can anyone explain the price jumps between what places like A3U and Gamestop are charging between Legacy Wave 1 and 2? Seems odd to see such a jump between two waves of the same toyline.

Toysnowman posted a Youtube video a couple months back showing that at the end of March Hasbro was increasing prices again. So anything that was available on shelves, or for preorder, before that date should have the old price (though not every store held to that idea *COUGH TRU COUGH*). Anything new available for preorder would have the new price.

Now how that is implemented by stores can be different, but anything after wave 1 should be at the higher price.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:26 AM   #90
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12 View Post
My local Walmart got Legacy Deluxes in and even tho I would?ve liked to get Dragstrip and Kickback, I settled only for Dragstrip. Even still, at 40.68 after taxes it was pretty steep. Was hoping there?d be a pricing error in my favor so I could get both tbh.

Dragstrip becoming Menasor?s right arm gave him the playability edge over Kickback for me, but now that means I gotta get the other stunticon deluxes for 40$ each, and that?s not even counting Motormaster

Though in Motormaster?s case, I think the price for him is justified as he?s not just a voyager sized robot, his trailer forms the bulk of a combiner wars sized super robot so I might just buy him on sight.
It's why I Pre-ordered this legacy wave at gamestop at old price and with edge discount to take some sting out. Waiting on motormaster hoping for blackfriday sales.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote