Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #11
delrue
Crossover
Re: Collection Question

Siege Shockwave. Bought it a few months ago and have never transformed it because who cares about Shockwave's alt mode? Do like the extra pieces to make a little drone buddy for him though.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #12
Kinetic Bucket
Heretic Monkey

Beast Wars Grimlock. He has a bad case of Gold Plastic Syndrome. Afraid to even touch him or go near him at this point
Kinetic Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:20 PM   #13
seancuthbertca
Generation 2

My Masterpiece figures. They're not cheap and I'm not risking it. I transformed each one into alt mode and back once. Then put them on display. Or if I wanted them in alt mode, I left them in alt mode.

The same with the WfC lines of figures, not really touching them. While they aren't as expensive as Masterpiece, they're still way too expensive to replace if one breaks.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:29 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
That's exactly where mine broke too. It was on the very first transformation right out of the box. Seems like the arm that the cat head is on hinges upward at a bad angle, so combined with how tight it is getting the head dislodged from his robot chest it's very difficult to avoid clipping the top of the cavity (under his robot neck) and shearing that tab off. You are right that it's not noticeable. And the head stays in place well enough in beast mode because there's enough friction.

Regardless he and Blackarachnia are probably not getting transformed out of robot mode any time soon (Besides her spider legs, there's a tab on the underside of BA's boobs to pin them to her torso that's apparently extremely prone to snapping off in transformation.

I also don't transform my BW Kingdom Megatron much because of how stiff the double-hinged setup for his hips is. Every time I did it (about twice back and forth) I was terrified I was going to just rip a leg clean off with how much force it took to unseat them.

Other than that for me there are really only a few candidates for not transforming (other than the fact that it's easier to display most of them in robot mode because they take up less space):

TR/Retro Mindwipe: all the horror stories about the soft bits that make up his bat wings cracking and separating at the hinges means I'll likely never touch them again

Siege Ironhide: for whatever reason the "turntable" bit to rotate his chest and arms around for transformation really sticks and only dislodges with a loud, very cinge-inducing "snap" sound. I don't think it's actually breaking anything but chances are I won't risk it too often. (Ratchet doesn't have this problem)

A few really old things I have just because of wear (my original G1 Optimus is severely beaten up from years of play when I was a kid. I don't like fiddling with most parts of his transformation because of stress.) awkward functionality (G2 Dreadwing (the stealth bomber) has hip hinges that snap into place for robot mode. No matter how you play it there's no way that they aren't eventually going to break apart from the stress of transformation) or GPS (G2 Stalker and his entirely gold plastic chest segment. He may not be a known severe sufferer, but I don't want to risk it)
Yup totally happened to my mindwipe.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:54 PM   #15
Melomeca
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Guess I should count myself lucky mine is still intact. The rubber is still springy and I've manhandled him quite a bit.
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:58 PM   #16
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
MP Megatron (first version)

Second this one

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #17
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

G1 Slog due to GPS.

Transform Element TE-01 as I'm still waiting for a replacement part. I feel the QC could've been better on this one.

Sentinel Riobot Tekkaman and all of the recent Mospeada offerings, things just pop off when they should've been glued. Not a huge deal but annoying as they are high priced items.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #18
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Kinda interesting, I have 2 TR ones, One got new and has been sitting on the shelf, one that was from a value village and has been crammed into a rubbermaid drawer with about 100 other "fiddle" bots and it's still like new. I wonder if it has to do with temperature and humidity.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:12 PM   #19
Msol
Titanium

I have 2 G1 Bristlebacks for this reason. One for bot mode, one for Monstructor mode. Maybe I should get a 3rd to fit in the shell :')
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #20
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

MP-36 original release. Period
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote