Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #21
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: TF Con 2014 reviews/ Report

Being a cheapass my excitement to see the guests dwindled compared to previous years. I only attended the 3rd party panel but aside from the R.O.B. nintendo robot not much excited me, that I have not seen earlier. I loved the charity auction and Friday custom class, they were well oiled machines!

I will add more later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
On Saturday at about 3pm, at the sales table in the side isle, a buyer was continually yelling at the seller:
Give me my money back. This is a knock-off!!!
Until security was called in and I am not sure what happened after... the noise did stop though...
LoL, I would have loved to see that. Which dealer table did this go down at?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #22
sabrigami
Animated

It seemed smaller to me this year. but I can attribute that to not really having any guests besides the artists I was interested in. I also didn't find what I was looking for toy wise. I did have fun though. It seemed really cramped in the dealer room sometimes. It made it hard to get a good look at stuff at times. I kinda wish there was more breathing room in there.

I also heard the guy freaking out. Scared the crap out of me and my sister. Love how even thought he was yelling he kept saying that he was asking nicely for a refund. Saw him after security talked to him. he was asking another dealer whether something was a fake or not. I would think if he was making such a stink he would be sure himself haha. Can't say this year was boring

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ight=sabrigami

Last edited by sabrigami; 07-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.
sabrigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #23
Stormrave
Machine War

Another great year. Good to see General Tekno, Malwave, Ninjatron, Fiend666 and the usual crew as well as meeting two new folks who it turns out follow me on Tumblr and were lovely people. I didn't buy a lot because I've just bought a house, but I was given some early birthday money to get a few nice things I wanted, including Japanese Classics Ratbat, Classics Whirl, Knock Out, Classics Swerve and Classics Tailgate. Also brought home a fanmade Drift pencil case because if I'd brought home the body pillow I'd have been sleeping on the floor of this new house for sure and as always a big O HAI to Phalanx who's made this crazy trip with me for 9 years now.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #24
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Booths are great, but eliminating single tables would make it impossible for smaller collector oriented vendors to afford to set up.
I wouldn't say eliminate tables entirely (context, eh? lol) but maybe have booths in the middle or outside depending on which there are more of. Booths do block a lot of view of the room so maybe keep those along the walls for now and if there are only 4 dealers with booths (hopefully this info is gathered beforehand during registration) then put those dealers in the corners or along the walls (in the middle section of each wall) of the dealer room which tend to be hi traffic areas especially near the doors to the hallway. If booths become a trend move them to where it makes sense.

Already single tables, those who stay one day and staff/volunteer selling tables are already on the outside of the dealer room in the hallway so I do believe so there is still a place for tables.

I think Shelflife/FaustX used his tables in a booth like fashion as well and he was in a corner. I believe he and others in the corners had their tables pushed against the wall, maybe that was part of the organizing set up already maybe it was them who knows. Food for thought anyway.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #25
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
This is my first year as a dealer who tried to off-load some of my collection. Overall I have a great time busy selling and talking to people. Even Protoman bought a TF Kre-O book from us! How cool! .
Gotta support the fans bro. Besides, that book was rad as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post

I think Shelflife/FaustX used his tables in a booth like fashion as well and he was in a corner. I believe he and others in the corners had their tables pushed against the wall, maybe that was part of the organizing set up already maybe it was them who knows. Food for thought anyway.
The thing with TFcon, is every year we have to reject dealers away due to lack of space and sell outs. TONS OF DEALERS. Hell even all of staff don't get tables due to giving more for dealers and artists to get a chance.

The booth idea would destroy the space situation and reduce the dealers.

And keep in mind, more dealers..... more options...... more chances for DEALS. Or you can have your booth concept, have only 35 dealers instead of the normal 95 (You read right) and have no options and a monopoly on pricing.

The guys that "did" pull off the booth concept just bought 3-5 tables and had that "space" to work with.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #26
RageD
Energon

Much rather have it a bit crowded with 95 dealers, then a botcon esque dealer room of 30.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #27
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Were people complaining about taking out more dealers? Because I only see people complaining about the arrangement of the tables. You have to be fair to all dealers, you can put a dude with a tiny table right beside a big dealer with flashy lights and signs.

I would keep the dealers the same amount but organize their tables better. Put displays and big booths in the hallway and along the walls of the dealers room and put smaller set ups in the centre, so all the booths remain together and all the single smaller set ups together. It's like how the artist/craft tables should of been in the same general area. Just common sense. Cause otherwise the dealers rooms looks like an unorganized, flea market set up.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Were people complaining about taking out more dealers? Because I only see people complaining about the arrangement of the tables. You have to be fair to all dealers, you can put a dude with a tiny table right beside a big dealer with flashy lights and signs.

I would keep the dealers the same amount but organize their tables better. Put displays and big booths in the hallway and along the walls of the dealers room and put smaller set ups in the centre, so all the booths remain together and all the single smaller set ups together. It's like how the artist/craft tables should of been in the same general area. Just common sense. Cause otherwise the dealers rooms looks like an unorganized, flea market set up.
I don't see how the set up is unorganized set up. This is the style that has worked for over 30 years. Booth set ups don't work for guys who have super valuable stuff, that needs to be kept behind them, specially if you have little kids or THIEVES with sticky fingers (Which by the way, something did get stolen by a dealer that weekend)

As for Fleamarket, here is SDCC.

Same set up, I guess it's just a big ol fleamarket to you right?
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #29
RageD
Energon

I personally had no issues with the setup, I thought the flow was fine. There was only one aisle I thought was really crowded but even that wasn't hard to navigate with a bit of patience. The biggest bottle neck I encountered was the starbucks lineup!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #30
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
I personally had no issues with the setup, I thought the flow was fine. There was only one aisle I thought was really crowded but even that wasn't hard to navigate with a bit of patience. The biggest bottle neck I encountered was the starbucks lineup!
Same here. I never got held up in an aisle, or stuck behind someone, because there was always room to maneuver. Not like most comic cons I've been to.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote