Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #21
SirToys
Rice Cooker Bot
Re: Going to China next week...1st time

BadJeff, did you get your twinrix shots, or any other vaccinations before you go?

Just north of the border from HK to SZ, at LuoHu/LoWu, is ShenZhen Dongmen shopping area, there is a 'real Transformers' seller in the Comics City building.

It's funny that sometimes real TF are more expensive in mainland China (where they are made) than North America, but I think it's because real TF aren't widely distributed in China, the walmarts just sell the KOs, and there is no toysrus everywhere like here.
SirToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #22
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
...the walmarts just sell the KOs
That's just interesting

Quote:
and there is no toysrus everywhere like here.
For TRU just go over to Hong Kong. I think they got quite a few... at least I have been to 4 and they have amazing collections of toys (not just for TFs). Prices may not be the best though.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
Loads of good stuff, big thanks. Unfortunately when I say time is tight... it's tighter than tight...
I leave Monday aft for Toronto. (Yes, I know everyone is saying "why aren't you flying out of Vancouver??"...my company likes to make things interesting...
Leave Toronto tuesday am.Arrive @ HK 1pm wed, @ 4pm hop on small 1 hr local flight. Wed evening free (to recover from flight). Thursday/Friday full days @ factory. If we get everything done by Friday I'll get Sat to shop around and do tourist stuff. Sunday morning fly to HK airport, leave for Toronto 3pm ish, arrive @ TO 5pm same day (wow that's a lot of time zones to cover..) Then catch the redeye flight to Calgary Sunday night..... If i'm lucky I'll be home by 1am Tuesday..
I Think I'll give Redbull a call and see if they'd like to support me with a product donation..
Even better is the fact that the flights are overbooked both ways from TO/HK and since we did this all last minute I got shafted and stuck with a middle seat.
You are taking the direct flight to HK (Flight 015) I hope; that is one long haul.

At least the booze onboard will be free...
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #24
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
BadJeff, did you get your twinrix shots, or any other vaccinations before you go?
No... I was told there were none that were required/mandatory.... I Did however have the pleasure of having a Hep B (?i think) shot a few months back after I ate a burger from Mc Donalds that had an employee which tested positive. That was the last time I ever ate fast food. I kid you not...
Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #25
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
You are taking the direct flight to HK (Flight 015) I hope; that is one long haul.

At least the booze onboard will be free...
Sorry...did you say free booze???? Yes I'm on 015.. You did say free booze right.......
Old 04-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #26
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Sorry...did you say free booze???? Yes I'm on 015.. You did say free booze right.......

Yes, the two magical words.. "Free Booze". Last I checked it was still complimentary on all flights in excess of 3 hours.

Make sure to ask for the can; some cheapskates will actually ration it out on plastic cups. There is a limit mind you.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #27
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
Yes, the two magical words.. "Free Booze". Last I checked it was still complimentary on all flights in excess of 3 hours.

Make sure to ask for the can; some cheapskates will actually ration it out on plastic cups. There is a limit mind you.
Limit... to how much beer I can recycle in a 14 hr flight...(i could process a lot no doubt, but not there to impress anyone with drinking abilities..) yeah, I could see them pouring that nice warm airplane brew into small 3oz dixie cups...kinda like $0.25 draft night...order them by the tray(you winnipeggers know what i'm talking about....we've all done it..)..

Hmmm.... maybe it's time to change my sig..

In all honesty though.. I'll be a good boy..my coworker doesn't drink anymore so I wouldn't want to make it awkward for him..

Last edited by BadJeff; 04-03-2008 at 02:47 PM.
BadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #28
Synch
Beasty

Toyzone 16: Alot of old toys can be found here, but may not be in the best condition, I found a Jukou B-fighter henshin device once before, along with an old chogokin Tyranno ranger with the dragon shield.

ToysRus: Everything thats new in the line of toys can be found here

CTMA Center: The best place to get toys in my opinion, you can find almost anything here.

Sino Center: Cheap, but less variety when compared to other places. Alot of OST's from various shows can be found here.

Wonderland: Alot of new toys can be found here at a REALLY good price, and when I say good, I mean good. Lacks in variety thoug
Heres some stuff from this link here

http://rangerboard.com/showthread.ph...ight=hong+kong

I need to go there some time its great for finding kamen rider & SIC goodies
Hey on the subject of HK does anyone know where is a good place to get HKD in bc?.. I have a friend there who buys stuff for me & I need to send him some cash! None of the freaking banks here though seem to have or get in HKD :S

Last edited by Synch; 04-04-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #29
noodle
...in a cup.

Quote:
...yeah, I could see them pouring that nice warm airplane brew into small 3oz dixie cups...kinda like $0.25 draft night...order them by the tray(you winnipeggers know what i'm talking about....we've all done it..)...
noooo...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #30
SirToys
Rice Cooker Bot

Quote:
That was the last time I ever ate fast food.
lol, I was going to suggest eating at KFC or McDonalds at least once a day while you're there (there's one on every block) and it seems the food is by far much better in their KFC/McD than here. McD will usually have some chinese pies, like sweet taro (purple potato or something) Some other regular restaurants might not have the best sanitary conditions, like cleaning the vegetables on the sidewalk in the back alley.
SirToys is offline   Reply With Quote