Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
chuskers
Machine War
Amazon Japan

I'm sure this has been discussed before, if anyone can point me in the correct direction. I'm looking for information if anyone here has bought from amazon Japan. Do they accept Canadian credit cards, how is shipping and import fees etc ..

Any good or bad experiences?

Thanks
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake
Re: Amazon Japan

Yeah they accept Canadian credit cards. Shipping is about as you'd expect from overseas. So pretty costly, it's better to buy in bulk. And plus, it all depends how you ship it. Air Small Packet or Registered Air Mail usually being the cheapest but taking pretty long as it's 3-5 weeks for me.

One thing to note is that buying from a subvendor that's not directly Amazon Japan may not ship overseas so you'll have to use a proxy as an in between.

Other than that, it's the exact same as just buying from regular amazon. You will have to register for a amazon.jp account as it's separate from your north american one.

For further help, refer to this.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

Last edited by AeroShake; 04-22-2017 at 08:23 PM.
AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
chuskers
Machine War

Thanks for the info and link to that guide
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
AutoBerserk
Generation 1

I bought amazon japan bluestreak and gtr megatron from amazon japan before and as aeroshake says they accept canadian credit cards.
I would also like to add something that isn't covered in the guide is that they ship to a couple of japanese convenience stores to pick up like an amazon locker in the US. If you don't pick it up they will not charge you and it goes back to their warehouse. So if you are going to japan you could save the recieving fee that hotels charge for packages.
AutoBerserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:41 PM   #5
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed before, if anyone can point me in the correct direction. I'm looking for information if anyone here has bought from amazon Japan. Do they accept Canadian credit cards, how is shipping and import fees etc ..

Any good or bad experiences?

Thanks
Amazon Japan has a international section for collectibles to make it easy to find what ships internationally and what doesn't, link here. There are import fees charged at the checkout but its a deposit so you might get some of it refunded. Shipping isn't cheap but it is relatively fast for the price, last few things I bought from them came in 2-3 days, i'm not sure what AeroShake is talking about when it comes to shipping options as its only ever gave me one option.

They also have pretty deep discounts on products randomly, I ended up getting a friend MP36 for ¥15,685. It went on sale when it was up for preorder lol.

Last edited by funkmasterke; 04-22-2017 at 10:44 PM.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
NeoMatter
Generation 1

I've used Amazon Japan for the first time getting MP36 Megs. Shipping is with DHL and it is stated that is what they use for international shipping. There is no choice in the matter on how you want it shipped.

They charge a deposit for import fees as stated by others. This just saves the hassle and guess work of whether you'll pay or not with courier/post. This will be calculated based on the amount of the purchase. Since the deposit is paid, there are no (ie. should never be) extra charges to you when you receive the parcel from DHL.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #7
AgeeCort
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMateter View Post
I've used Amazon Japan for the first time getting MP36 Megs. Shipping is with DHL and it is stated that is what they use for international shipping. There is no choice in the matter on how you want it shipped.

They charge a deposit for import fees as stated by others. This just saves the hassle and guess work of whether you'll pay or not with courier/post. This will be calculated based on the amount of the purchase. Since the deposit is paid, there are no (ie. should never be) extra charges to you when you receive the parcel from DHL.
I've never thought to buy from amazon japan. I wonder what they're like with returns. I expect international shipping will be quite expensive though right?

Last edited by AgeeCort; 10-21-2021 at 10:00 AM.
AgeeCort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #8
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Yeah my mistake, I confused the shipping options with Amiami. I was offered AmazonGlobal Priority and I believe, yes, DHL shipping. Priority cost me about 970 which is about the same for air small packet anyways.

Not to sure about returns though as I've never had any issue with Amazon or their marketplace sellers.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Too bad a lots things sold by Amazon JP don't ship to Canada.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 04-24-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #10
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

I dont think Amazon ships to canada anymore, but I could be wrong. the reason why i dont use it is because we are now certain to get customs fees on big orders, you even pay them upfront. So for the likes of MP Megatron thats a HUGE extra fee to pay when comparing to getting it at other japanese retailers like Anime Export or Nippon Yassan, who can help you avoid customs fees.

Amazon japan is just a bit too rich for my blood.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote