Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #101
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

I think the quiz should revert to how it used to be years ago, without teams.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #102
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Hey, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the new Faction Feud. I learned a lot from actually running it live in the field rather than closed simulations in private.

Rest assured, there will be more improvements made in time for next year. And there will be more variety in questions next year so that something like the Masterforce thing doesn't happen again. Although the Hydra thing did make the night pretty memorable.

I hope to see everyone return for next year. And I'd love to see people follow the Ninja Consultants example and make yourselves matching costumes. Even a little thing like wearing the same color shirt. Or something a little more creative like taking those cheap party hats from the dollar store, spray painting them different colors, and calling yourselves the Coneheads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I think the quiz should revert to how it used to be years ago, without teams.
I'm actually working on a new game show type event which I hope to pitch to the power at be in the coming months. It'll be smaller teams of two so it'd much easier finding one person to play with rather than three. Great for friends or couples. I'd be interested to know if the fans would be interested in another game show event. Would you prefer it in addition to Faction Feud, either on Friday or Sunday night? Or in place of Faction Feud? Perhaps alternating each year back and forth. More details will be available as I flesh the game out.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 08-10-2015 at 06:59 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #103
sachiel_ca
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon View Post
Yeah, you guys really did have a rough time of it. Surely the questions could at least be randomized? (Unless they already were and the Masterforce questions coincidentally all bunched together... I'm skeptical).

Also not really sure why the game starts with the hyper-easy Constructicon question. I can understand wanting to ease into it, but that doesn't quite work when it's a tournament setup. We were the only team to get such a basic question ('course, I later made up for it by cheating and getting us disqualified... seemed only fair... )
I'd be on your team again bud, next year we can make up for it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
No one does, don't worry.
I do, good s*#t in that series
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #104
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Hey, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the new Faction Feud. I learned a lot from actually running it live in the field rather than closed simulations in private.

Rest assured, there will be more improvements made in time for next year. And there will be more variety in questions next year so that something like the Masterforce thing doesn't happen again. Although the Hydra thing did make the night pretty memorable.

I hope to see everyone return for next year. And I'd love to see people follow the Ninja Consultants example and make yourselves matching costumes. Even a little thing like wearing the same color shirt. Or something a little more creative like taking those cheap party hats from the dollar store, spray painting them different colors, and calling yourselves the Coneheads.

I'm actually working on a new game show type event which I hope to pitch to the power at be in the coming months. It'll be smaller teams of two so it'd much easier finding one person to play with rather than three. Great for friends or couples. I'd be interested to know if the fans would be interested in another game show event. Would you prefer it in addition to Faction Feud, either on Friday or Sunday night? Or in place of Faction Feud? Perhaps alternating each year back and forth. More details will be available as I flesh the game out.
I think both would be cool, I know I would prefer not being disqualified because someone cheated and I have no control. If it's just me if I screw up I have no one to blame but myself.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #105
RageD
Energon

Agreed, both would be cool, faction feud is a staple of the show now and it's highly entertaining.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #106
Stormrave
Machine War

James Roberts was great.

Peter Cullen was a great guest too. I was glad for the opportunity to meet him and overall the signing ran smoothly and it was good to have episodes to watch while we waited.

Cheers Ian did a great job with my photo.

My only frustration this year was having my PC signing back to back with the voice actor panel. In past years the voice actors have given second panels on the Sunday. That didn't happen this year, so I missed my chance to see them because of my PC signing.

I didn't know, when I picked my PC signing, what I'd be giving up. It was frustrating, given that there was nothing I'd have minded missing Sunday morning when the third signing was. I realize it's hard to tell at the time of the sales what the schedule would be, but it was just frustrating to have something as big as the voice actor panel happening just once, in a conflicting timeslot. I would have chosen Session 3 had I known.

I'm grateful that James Roberts wasn't in a conflicting timeslot for anyone. That was a good decision.

That was the only sour note in the con for me. The PC panel was great. I liked choosing questions in advance to avoid mike hogging and uncomfortable questions. I also liked the variety of questions.

James Roberts is lovely. You can invite him every year.

I appreciate the Con Menu in the hotel bar and the specialty drinks. The restaurant this year as in past years seemed understaffed, though not as badly in past years. Still, my group had to flag down waiters often and orders got forgotten. One year, my bill got forgotten (I tried to pay it, but was told there was no record of it anywhere! I even emailed the hotel after the con....nothing.) Good food, good drinks, more staff?

I like the dealer's room. I don't think everything has to be 100% Transformers. My friend likes Gundams, I like ponies, I've bought Monster High and She Ra in the past. A focus on TF is important but TF shouldn't be the only thing in the dealer's room, just the majority, and I think it was.

I like the way fan sales are supported at this convention.

I like having the charity auction on the Friday night. This works a lot better than in the old days when it conflicted with panels.

This year there were some open times in Hazel McCallion that could've been filled with fan panels--costuming panels? art or fic panels? history of obscure Transformers? prototypes, cancelled toys, or Japanese Transformers 101? Obviously stuff like script reading, voice actors, comics artists/writers, cosplay contest takes priority, but this was the first year I remember when there was nothing slotted into that empty time. (On the other hand, I recognize some people were at PC signings during this time, but if people want more fan panels, these would've been opportunities for them.) (EDIT to add that if people want fan panels, they need to let the staff know they're willing to do one, and the panel needs to be of decent quality. There used to be good fan panels on Friday night, but now this is the charity auction and I think the charity auction should take priority).

The script reading is always a lot of fun. I appreciated that there were multiple female parts this year.

On lanyards: I bring my own, now that my local Spencer's offers a stylish and faction-appropriate all-Decepticon insignia lanyard for me to clip my con badge onto. (I think there's an Autobot style too, for you Bots out there....)

I had an amazing time at this year's con and am already looking forward to next year! Thanks again to everyone whose hard work makes this possible.

Last edited by Stormrave; 08-12-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #107
grizzly519
Alternator

Since the highest attendance seems to be the saturday what would be the chances of doing the charity auction then for best outcome?Maybe after the dealer room closes and in place of the movie screening to avoid panel conflicts.Also what would be the chances of having a attendee sales table similar to what auto assembly is doing?
Old 08-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #108
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly519 View Post
Since the highest attendance seems to be the saturday what would be the chances of doing the charity auction then for best outcome?Maybe after the dealer room closes and in place of the movie screening to avoid panel conflicts.Also what would be the chances of having a attendee sales table similar to what auto assembly is doing?
We have found that the best results are on the Friday when everyone still has money.

There are no plans to have a commission based sales table run by TFcon, the dealer room sells out every year with the current formula.