Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Faction Feud - Returning to TFcon!

That's right folks, Faction Feud is back, and its going to be bigger than ever! For those that attended last year, I'm sure you remember the moments of nailbiting suspense, sidesplitting comedy, and unnatural mastery over transformers trivia that happened.

Last year saw the rise of the near-invincible Ninjatrons, but its a whole new year and a whole new chance for another team to claim their multi-seated throne along with the bragging rights and fabulous prizes that go along with it.

So grab some friends, bone up on your nerd lessons, and prepare yourself for a public battle that will see one team and one team only leave with some pretty excellent swag, while the rest are left only varying degrees of disappointment and shame (Disclaimer: The levels of disappointment and shame experienced may differ from those advertised. Other side effects may include laughter, enjoyment, and an overwhelming sense of being entertained).

DO read this thread to get an idea of the rules of the game before TFcon.

DO discuss last year's matches, in all their glory.

DO try to organize your team of 4 in this thread, complete with a team name and captain. You'll still need to enter your team at TFcon in person like everyone else though, posting in this thread will not count as entry into the tournament.

DO ask questions pertaining to rules and how the game is played.

DONT ask about what questons will be asked this year or any hints like that. You won't get any.

DONT ask for special exceptions to the rules in terms of number of team members, entrance criteria, or anything else like that. They will be ignored.

DONT forget to make up a name for your team, and to choose a captain. Seriously. If you fail to submit a name with your team, one will be assigned to you, and we will take special care to ensure it is awful.

Coming soon: The Rules!

Last edited by Aernaroth; 07-11-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: Faction Feud - Returning to TFcon!

Faction Feud: The Rules and U

Faction Feud is a team-based Transformers trivia tournament, centred around determining the entire list of answers for a given question.

A Team of four (4) players competes against another in three rounds, each round dealing with a single question. The team with more points at the end of those three rounds is declared the winner of the match, and the other team is eliminated. Matches continue until only one team remains, and that team is declared the champion of the tournament, and is given a chance at winning extra prizes in the BONUS ROUND.

A round begins with the random selection of two representatives from each team by the host. No team member may act as representative for more than one round. These representatives will be asked the question of the round, and the quicker player to respond will be given the first chance to answer. A correct answer will earn the player a chance to choose whether their team will attempt to complete the question, or pass it off to the other team. An incorrect answer will award the opposing player a chance to answer. If neither player answers correctly, the process will repeat with a new question.

The team that ends up with control of the question will be in a position to score points. Each team member will be called upon in succession to answer the question within the time allotted, and no discussion between team members will be permitted. A correct answer will be worth (N) points, where n is an integer corresponding to the number of correct answers on the list up to then (That is, the first correct answer will be worth 1 point, the 2nd answer will be worth 2 points, the third, 3 points, and so on). An incorrect answer, or failure to answer before the timer expires, will earn the team a strike. If the team earns 3 strikes before finding all the answers on the list, they lose control of the question.

If a team earns three strikes and loses control of the question, the opposing team has a chance for a "steal". The "stealing" team will have an opportunity to discuss among themselves, and then give a single answer. If this answer corresponds to a correct answer the first team missed, the "stealing" team will earn points equal to the value of points earned by the first team in that round before losing control, and the first team will earn no points.

Once the round is finished and points awarded, new team representatives will be chosen and the process will repeat with a new round, until 3 rounds have been played. In the event of a tie in terms of points, a tie-breaker round will be played.

The contents of this post, and the specific rules of the game, may be subject to change. Any similarities between this game and another are coincidental so don't worry about it and don't tell anybody about it.

Coming next: An example! (I'm going to need 4 volunteers)

Last edited by Aernaroth; 07-14-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
pulsedragon20
I win

So this is like family feud, right?

Also, I need a team!!!

Last edited by pulsedragon20; 07-11-2010 at 12:26 AM.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #4
Richter
Nexus Maximus

I'm up for joining a team, someone toss me a PM if you wanna team up!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:14 AM   #5
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

I'm also up for being on a team.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

This thread is so hardcore, Aernaroth.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
chans formers
raff ow roud

and so it begins anew.....revenge shall be bitter sweet!!!(i'm looking at you ninjatron,guber,vangelous,etc)

totally up for it again this year!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
and so it begins anew.....revenge shall be bitter sweet!!!(i'm looking at you ninjatron,guber,vangelous,etc)

totally up for it again this year!!!!
lol I'm in too!

Chans, need a team mate?
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I still need four volunteers to make an example of... I mean to help me illustrate an example. If noone volunteers, I'll have to start VolunTELLing people.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

I look forward to what will certainly be another pleasant evening of crushing my enemies.

Sayonara.