Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
selling tfs on facebook

Does anyone else have issues with selling or trading stuff on Facebook?
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
soundwave1976
Machine War
Re: selling tfs on facebook

None here. I'm actually on 3 different groups right now and haven't had any issues as of yet.
soundwave1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Funny that you are asking this question... For the past few months I have been reading that these LOTS... and I mean LOTS of scammers, dishonest members on differents groups and they get banned...but I feel for the member that get screwed at the end...

At least on this board and TFW2005, you can see what type of member you are dealing with before making a decision on either buying, selling or trading to that particular member... On Facebook, it appears to be hard to see the type of seller/buyer that you may be dealing with...

I thought about dealing on Facebook awhile ago and decided to hold off until these a better system available as these nothing worst then getting a fudged in a deal... my odds of selling are better on kijiji...LOL...

... but like I was told recently... buyer beware!!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
Jeem
Energon

FB sales group are the worst! Most people in the group are American and they are not aware of the shipping cost to send stuff down there.

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

I also don't think they take into consideration the currency exchange either. I post in Canadian dollars.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

there are good and bad groups, some i won't go on because the admins are lazy and don't keep out the scammers. It takes a lot of work to keep them out, and most don't want to bother with it. That being said, I've gotten about half my collection from Facebook, and only once had an issue that was dealt with swiftly, and I got my money back.

I don't do trades though, unless it's a close friend, I don't see the return vs risk being worth my time. Every good group has a good feedback doc that's kept up regularly. You just look for the member's name, and see the +#, with the G1 group for example, if the member has anything shady against him, it's written right beside his name and number.

Also, it's pretty much globally accepted to use USD on fb, makes it simpler for everyone, but there is the occasional seller that doesn't, to which they always put the currency, so if there isn't a currency listed, go with USD.

TLDR: Buy/Sell, trading is risky anywhere. Look for the good groups (there aren't many) and if in doubt, it's in USD

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
xbrawn
Banned

i only deal with one group and i make very clear my prices and shipping are USD and what my shipping is and why.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote