Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
GI Joe 25th Anniversary fans?

For any GI Joe fans, can you comment on the 25th Anniversary stuff from 2008? I didn't even realize they reissued a bunch of figures. I did read some reviews but that was a while back on figures that were considerably older, and most reviewers were upset with the amount of changes made to the originals.

I've got my eye on several sets, but just wanted to see if any fans are here and could comment. I realize that like any reissue, the quality is probably not as good as the originals, but will it scratch the itch or am I just going to be disappointed?

Some of the things I'm looking to get are the 25th Anni figures (main characters like Cobra Commander, Serpentor, Zartan, Snake Eyes...Storm Shadow)...and the Rattler plane.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:25 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: GI Joe 25th Anniversary fans?

I collected a decent amount of the 25th Anniversary stuff. To me, it's akin to the Transformer's Generations/Universe/Classics line.

It's classic characters but with modern articulation. Too bad you're late to this. They had figures at Winners for around $5. Plus, FYI, they did a M.A.S.K. homage.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
xbrawn
Banned

I have one of the DVD sets with the 3 figures signed by Hama if interested, destro, lady jaye and roadblock

As well I think I have a cobra viper and a cobra costume flint somewhere.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I wish I had a better picture of them, but here's what I have of the set.

Truthfully I can even remember all that I have... It was a great series, but were atrocious to find in Canada.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #5
xbrawn
Banned

Only place I ever found any were winners.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
CanBot
Cybertron

HOLY SHIT...that collection!

I always try to get into the ol' Joe stuff every now and then, but it's for the best that I don't MPs are pricey enough (and space-filling) as it is! But much like my G1 reissues, I'd like to get some of the reissued stuff.

I saw this awesome set with Zartan's crew, but most of them were a lil too updated for my likes. But then I went and saw what ebay sales were charging, and while not as pricey as TFs overall, they're still up there. I hear the Rattler reissue is hit and miss quality wise (weak landing gear, plastic quality iffy), and it's around 100 bux on the resale market.

I'd love to get the ol' Thunder Machine with a compliment of Zartan and his gang. I wonder why they don't reissue more of those things...probably for a lot of the same reasons we don't get some stuff we want TF-side.

That Hydrofoil was tits back in the day, as well as the Night Raven. I never saw the Terrordrome back in the day, but I did about ten years ago in an old school video game store. The owner set up an awesome GI Joe display, all centered around the Terrordrome. Awesome!

I'm hoping the bug passes in a few weeks
Old 10-22-2015, 02:59 AM   #7
Gumby
Beasty

It's a fantastic line and much like modern TFs, figures and vehicles are still being produced but under different banners. If you are getting into modern Joe, you may want to check out this site so you can get a visual on all the figures they've put out since 2007 as well as have an idea on exactly *which* Zartan, Snake Eyes, etc you want. As for the after market prices, your best bet on getting good/fair deals are sites like craigslist and kijiji as well as visiting toy shows. http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Check hisstank.com there's a lot of f/s/t on there.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote