Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-29-2020, 09:48 PM   #1
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Siege and ER Retail Boxes

I never cared to keep any of my figures sealed in box nor did I care to keep packaging for figures (except gift or titan boxes) prior to Siege.

With Siege I started keeping the boxes (deluxe size+).

My question is if someone has any clever ideas to put those boxes to use outside of just being in storage.

Has anyone ever made a poster by cutting out the side images? If so how does it looks?

Any other clever ideas/projects out there?
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong
Re: Siege and ER Retail Boxes

I mean I just went through a purge in my closet cause I keep the boxes because A) As an artist I have an appreciation for the art and layout, and B) It makes me feel accomplished.

Unfortunately, the boxes take up too much space and can start to conflict with keeping your home/room clean.

So what I did was I flattened it out. I went through the boxes cut out and repetitive flaps, tabs, and anything that was just overly reproduced. This basically left the front window, one side(to keep it connected, and the back. In some cases, there was more art and such but for Siege, only three sides are left(And if you want the "Siege" side with all the characters, that's four)

For straight-up storage, I have them in a box nicely packed together and squished. Now if I had to give an idea on how to 'display' them, I'd consider maybe having a siege wall. You can have them flattened and attached to cardboard which is in turn attached to the wall, and when you want to few the sides you unflatten it, add some hinges to one edge to see the back all nice toight. Some other options could include an album, maybe a fort.

Honestly, it kinda depends on why you keep the boxes. Hope this is of some use. Good luck!
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:37 AM   #3
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Totally your choice on what you do with the boxes as they are yours.

I cut all the unnecessary stuff off of the smaller boxes. For Siege/ER, I remove and recycle by cutting the seam below and above the name. This keeps the character art and back panel. I trim those and recycle the small bits with the whole front and plastic. For the MMs or BMs, I exacto and then recycle the plastic and toss the cardboard piece since it is generic.

I will keep the boxes for someone bigger like Jetfire or Omega and since those have the nice shared art sides, I don't need 20 copies of those from the Deluxes, Voyagers, etc.

All the cut pieces that I keep are stored flat in a smallish sized box.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 03-01-2020 at 12:41 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Keeping boxes so far, with the luxury of a large basement

May do something with them later on, but was entertaining the possibility of putting all the voyager/leader boxes up on a shelf like books, having their artwork face out
All the smaller cards, and the Siege/ER deluxe boxes, not sure yet
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

The ER boxes included pieces of a stars map I think. I haven’t opened my Grapple so can’t verify if this is true for Canadian retail box.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:04 PM   #6
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Since posting this I was thinking about cutting the side character picture panels and using some blue tacky stuff (dont know the proper name) to stick them onto the actual shelf backing of the toy display to serve as backgrounds for the toys.

If I go through it I will post the picts.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote