Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
ringrust
Inaction Master
Dinobots saved from extinction

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ron-activision
Dinobots almost not included in Fall of Cybertron.
ringrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Dinobots saved from extinction

Good read, thanks

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
Undrave
Canadian Slag

On Cybertron they should be called Dynobots >.>
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Interesting, thanks.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Okay. Let me see if I've got this.

Hasbro "exercises absolute control over everything involving Transformers (up to and including the Michael Bay films)"

and

"In Hasbro's eyes, Dinobots were not relevant." This after being shown the sketch of Grimlock.

All right, everyone together:

Are you fucking kidding me?

I mean, seriously? These are the people in charge of Hasbro? No wonder it's so disorganized and screwed up. Racist twins okay, dinobots passe. Shockwave can ride a building-eating sandworm just because, but we need a logical explanation for dinobots? Did they even see Trypticon in the last game? My head is spinning from the complete insanity.

Can we please get the people who are making decisions like this, the Dark of the Moon toyline, and shortpacking waves, and exile them to Tonka or Nerf or something? Please?
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

From this I get the impression that those at the top and in control of the Transformers franchise itself at Hasbro do not have any interest in Transformers.

Makes sense, they're probably business savvy, know market trends in general, and know how to work the business. But when it comes to the franchise they're in charge of, it seems they have little investment or care what makes one lump of plastic different from another franchise's lump of plastic.

Either that, or some competitor's agents have infiltrated Hasbro and are sabotaging one of their flagship brands from the top down.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

If you read the interview it sounds more like the Dinobots were to be excluded because they were seen from the G1 perspective of "born on Earth". I can sort of appreciate that angle, but it's hard to tell from some clearly chosen for controversy out of context quotes what the marketing team was actually thinking.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
From this I get the impression that those at the top and in control of the Transformers franchise itself at Hasbro do not have any interest in Transformers.

Makes sense, they're probably business savvy, know market trends in general, and know how to work the business. But when it comes to the franchise they're in charge of, it seems they have little investment or care what makes one lump of plastic different from another franchise's lump of plastic.

Either that, or some competitor's agents have infiltrated Hasbro and are sabotaging one of their flagship brands from the top down.

It's the exact same with the Star Wars license right now. Complete mind-boggling screw-ups. I think you are giving them too much credit when you you say they're probably business savvy, know market trends in general, and know how to work the business. I think the company is run by a Barrel of Monkeys (TM of Hasbro!). Actually, monkeys might do a better job.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

The only possible explanation I can make out of this is that dinosaurs just aren't popular with today's kids like they used to be.

I'm also left wondering if by "retirement" they meant hiatus. I could understand Hasbro not wanting to use certain characters like the dinobots unless they could do them justice or if they just didn't fit into their current plans for the franchise.

While I'm sure that Hasbro would never give up on it's beloved characters, I'm very grateful for Mr. Teiger bringing my all time favorite transformers back into the limelight.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

It’s all about money. Dinobots get no sponsor money. Hasbro got space ship sized loads of money from GM to make licensed movie toys. It’s a sound business partnership. Hasbro sell your the toys, and GM sell you the cars (I know a girl who actually digs the new yellow Camaro, which IMO signifies nothing but that the driver a douche and any female passage is a ho)

You think Hasbro would got money from the Museum of Natural Science?