Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
New and improved MP Rodimus at BBTS plus a kick in the crotch!

From BBTS
"This second release is to have corrected the flaws of the original version.

Please Note: We cannot accept returns or exchanges (from Pile of Loot or shipping returns) on the original version of the MP-09 for the updated version of the MP-09, we apologize for any inconvenience.
"

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...64&mode=retail

No exchanges or refunds on your older crappy defective MP Rodimus figures. You can't even return your POL defective MP Rodimus that is not even warehoused yet WTF??? They have your money but it hasn't even been shipped to you yet, I call bullshit on this BBTS.
I am going to wait to get this "improved" Hot Rod from Hasbro.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: New and improved MP Rodimus at BBTS plus a kick in the crotch!

"This second release is to have corrected the flaws of the original version."

say wha? what flaws?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I am thinking that the flaws are:
1-the "broken in package" leg plates
2-the backpack tab
3-the tabs to lock the legs in place in car mode...that really thin plastic tab
4-spoiler paint that scrapes off when placed in SpaceWinnebago mode.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I was following this over at TFW.. I just got mine a few days ago, was sitting in my PoL for awhile. And I have some of the same problems as everyone else. So it sucks to hear that they are releasing a second version so soon, without offering anything to the customers that bought it 5 months ago.

At the same time I don't blame BBTS for it. They are getting slapped as well, they still have stock on V1 that they won't be able to move now, who wants the flawed v1 if they have any choice. And how many people will buy v2 and drop their v1 into the box and try to return it?? Takara is just raining on everyones parade.

As for the PoL issue, I'm sure I read in one of the threads over at TFW that they will let you remove it from your PoL but you will be paying a restocking fee. After all, the PoL is items that are yours, bought and paid for. They are just delaying shipping for your at your own request.

I would buy a Hasbro version if it ever came out, so I could have one in car mode or as Hot Rod and one as Rodimus Prime. Because, I don't intend to transform the one I have. I just don't feel comfortable doing it with the issues he has. And he looks great in robot mode.

Something I haven't read much about in comparison, is he really that much more fragile than Megatron or the Seekers?? I know with the alignment problems, visor, and the odd way the leg plates swing being prone to breakage.. sound like poor design. But I keep hearing that Megatron is quite fragile, and the wings on the seekers as well. Seems like every MP has it's issues, and Takara has never gone back and fixed any of them. There were some comments that Takara hasn't officially said there would be any fixes to Rodimus yet. And this could be just a second run. Unless some news came out last night. BBTS seemed to be the only place that was listing this as a fixed version that I saw.

Just to add, I don't plan to transform my MP Seekers or MP Megatron when I get him out, I don't want to break them. And robot mode is how I wanted them anyway.

Last edited by Akroyer; 05-12-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i finally got around to opening my roddy from automaton and right out of the package theres a big scratch on the roof of the camper =( not impressed. i havent tried transforming him yet..

megs ive had forever and have never gotten to transform him. I almost got him into gun mode but 1 part I couldnt for the life of me get to move and i swore it was going to break so hes always been in bot mode but now hes in box mode i personally think he is the crappiest of the MP's really don't like him much at all. think can barely stand on his own.

the seekers i have all of them and have the igear ones on the way. ive never had any issues with any of them and they have all been transformed many times each so I dont know what this fragile wings is you speak of. i say check them out they are a fantastic mold that should be enjoyed.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Well maybe with the new direction that Takara is taking with the whole MP line we will get all "NEW" releases of the originals. We are getting a re-tooled Optimus, smaller, but you get the trailer. Maybe we will get a smaller Megatron with his flaws fixed and get the add on stuff aswell! Then we can spend another $240 on him and then re-do the seekers, because now the originals are out of scale, and charge a crazy amount for shit we already have!!! GRRRR!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
the seekers i have all of them and have the igear ones on the way. ive never had any issues with any of them and they have all been transformed many times each so I dont know what this fragile wings is you speak of. i say check them out they are a fantastic mold that should be enjoyed.
Of course I now can't find the reference for the seeker wing troubles.. maybe it was just a specific release. Which sounds odd since they are all basically the same mold.

I don't have the space to show them in plane mode, and since I have the US releases, they are in robot mode in the box. Keeps the dust off of them. And I can still see them.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Well a lot of people expected/hoped for a rerelease. This is our punishment for not being patient. I'm disappointed personally that I will have the flawed one but have learned to wait on MPs in the future and not preorder.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
Onslaught
Combaticon Commander

I'll just wait for Hasbro's release which in all likelihood will incorporate the fixes that this second release will have. It's going to be cheaper, will have a different paint job (not that there's anything wrong with the Takara one) and likely have a nice bonus for lack of the trailer (most have been saying his Targetmaster partner, which is way better in my opinion). The trailer is really nothing special, and the only thing I would ever use it for would be vehicle mode, which looks nice enough without it. So I'm happy to wait.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
ang3l3s
Robot Master

Never pre-ordering again, always get the shaft!!! From now on i'm gonna wait for a review.
ang3l3s is offline   Reply With Quote