Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Beast Wars/Beast Machines ancestors reference

I noticed that in Beast Wars and Beast Machines the Predacons, Maximals and Vehicons when they refer to their ancestors the Autobots and the Decepticons they only refer the originals of the US continuity and they never mention Japan's Headmasters, Victory and Masterforce. They always talk about Megatron Optimus Prime. Why is that?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Beast Wars/Beast Machines ancestors reference

Perhaps because BM and BW were both US shows as well. I think the Japanese BW shows were drastically different, maybe they made reference to those other Japanese G1 shows. I don't know, I haven't seen them, nor am I a doctor.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Perhaps because BM and BW were both CANADIAN shows as well.
fixed

SPOILERS!
Beasties/Beast wars and Beastmachines were based in the NA continuity. The Japanese shows verged from the NA continuity in season 4. While in our own "Rebirth" there was the start of a new golden age of cybertron and the Autobots have won, in the Japanese version Cybertron and Prime are destroyed (i think he just wanted tostay dead, lol) and there are no Nebulons to become headmasters...instead the headmasters are smaller TFs that modified vehicles to become lager bodies for themselves . There were many changes to the TF universe in those other Japanese series that go against what happened in our continuities over here, so it would make sense for the writers of the shows to only follow the cannon for the NA shows that we were all familiar with.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Beast Wars/Beast Machines didn't strictly follow any pre-existing continuity. Its universe was a weird amalgam of the Sunbow cartoon and the Marvel comics.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

While all that has been posted is true, the BW/BM shows really do or say nothing to contradict the Japanese shows either.

So just because they don't reference them, there's nothing saying that the events of Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, Battlestars/Return of Convoy, or Operation Combination, didn't happen in the past of the BW/BM continuity.

And just MAYBE they more heavily reference the G1 Bots and Cons because the two leaders are named after the G1 leaders, not to mention the fact that said G1 Bots and Con actually appear in the BW show.
Also consider that in 1996 the internet wasn't what it is today and only the most truly die hard fans even knew anything about the afore mentioned Japanese series.