Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
sikkbones
Banned
Re: Tired of repaints from Hasbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
My local TRU says they have no plans on buying new stock of waves of any TF deluxes until most of the current stock ( DOTM, PRID, FE Bees) are gone. Whether by normal purchase, sale/clearance.... So I see no new toys because in part of the Bee mass repaint fatigue.
Does that Include the wall of overpriced Clearance HFTD?
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

We gladly don't have any of those left, that I saw at least.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #53
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
We gladly don't have any of those left, that I saw at least.
many places in the GTA still do... newsflash retailers... esp. tru/zellers/rcss 12.98/19.99 is not clerance when giant tiger/winner's etc. are selling figures from that line and even more recent one for 8$
Old 08-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #54
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I know... but the reason we're not seeing as many of the lines that are out elsewhere is because retailers are still holding onto current stock from previous waves that aren't selling...
Hmm...then perhaps we need to reveal "elsewhere's" secret of selling off all their repaints, in order for us to get new molds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yes... but then you have to wait longer for new molds because valuable spots are taken by repaints and remolds. I don't buy them, I don't mind them, but I certainly would take more new molds.
Patience.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #55
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
My local TRU says they have no plans on buying new stock of waves of any TF deluxes until most of the current stock ( DOTM, PRID, FE Bees) are gone. Whether by normal purchase, sale/clearance.... So I see no new toys because in part of the Bee mass repaint fatigue.
You know what, that is just not good buisness sense. Seriously, how can you sell off everything in stock and not have anything at all to replace it in the back for once the shelves get lower with stock?

Whoever is in charge of that TRU is a bonafide moron, you can't force your customers to buy up all the Bumblebee, in point of fact everyone will just go elsewhere for their Transformers purchases and by the time the holidays roll around you still won't be able to get anybody to take those BBs off your hands.

I know right now there aren't that many options or choices out there, but come September and stuff I'm confident newer waves will start to trickle in and people will buy up both old and new stock together.

In the mean time, if TRU really wants to get rid of their over stocked deluxe Beemania, don't just put stuff on sale for a week or two, do what Wal-Mart does, have a month long 'Rollback' and get those deluxes down to 5.94$ again.

Not sure if anyone would buy up too many Bees for themselves, but a lot of Collectors might buy up overstocked Bees to keep the production running properly and donate to the Toys For Tots drive. (And there's always next years TFCon Customizing Class, perhaps taking Bumblebee, it doesn't matter who, and turning him into Zombie Bee or something would be a viable reason to stock up on plastic trash that nobody is buying.) And at 5.94$ people will pay it. Especially for a whole month.

EDIT: Hell even at 12.97$ a piece the RCS stores around here seem to be slowly getting rid of the DotM Figures.

Last edited by Scrapper6; 08-08-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #56
TALLUS76
TALLUS76
TALLUS76's Ebay Auctions

I began complaining about repaints years ago when Cybertron and universe first came out. I too would rather see new characters or at least change the mold like what they do with the Generations figures. Head changes etc.
and i also agree with the third party products. Hasbro cant be stupid and has to see how much money theyre losing. And we shouldnt have to go elsewhere for the characters we ask for. Ive just came to the conclusion that Hasbro doesnt give a rats ass. As long as retailers line their shelves with the hundreds of Bumblebees they are happy.
TALLUS76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #57
sikkbones
Banned

they could at least give us an incentive for buying fifteen diffrent bumblebee's by making a bee combiner....

like how hard would a Bee deluxe combiner for DOTM have been?
just take 5 Varitions of the mold and make them go together for one Super Deluxe sized Bumblebee.... make a yellow and a black Nitro bee the feet, One arm a Cyberfire... One arm a regular bee, and the Body A human alliance or voyager bee..... with a head packed in that would be in scale....

it's something I actually would have bought....

In any of the movie lines did we ever get anything even resembling a Voyager bee or is that what the HA lines were supposed to represent for the car robots?

because i totally would have bought a Voyager bee... lol. Shut's up before giving Hasblow any more ideas.... Althought I'd like to find a weaponizer bee that actually has a head.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #58
wedge1021
Energon

The problem with all those Bumblebees is not just Hasbro's fault, it's a problem that is of Big Retail's own making. Retail tells Hasbro they want lots of Bumblebee to sell cuz that's what the kiddies and moms will buy (supposedly). Fine, so Hasbro double- and triple-packs him in early wave case assortments. But then, like they always do, the Retailers completely over-order on the first wave or two to take advantage of bulk-ordering, and so now they get way too much of the Yellow Menace. It's a no-win situation and it's too bad Hasbro doesn't grow some backbone and start telling retailers that they need to change the way they do things.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #59
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I wish Hasbro had an online Canadian site that I could just order from all the time... Reasonable shipping, new products of whatever was released in North America...
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #60
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Do away with case assortments. I know that won't solve the repaint issue, but it'll stop the shelf-clogging nature of the repaint issue.

Bumblebee's popular and out of stock? Order a case of Bumblebees. Bumblebee's stock is not moving, but we're out of Cliffjumper's? Well, then order a case of Cliffjumper.

Each figure in a wave would have its own peg on the wall. I'm surprised retail isn't all over this idea, it means they woulnd't be stuck with stock in inventory that doesn't move. Or at least it would limit it tremendously. Also, no short packing in assortments. Looking for a figure? It is either there or the peg is waiting to be restocked and the full peg of shelfwarmers won't prevent it from being restocked.

Even better, a retail store can easily have a "revealer bumblebee only" sale to move that specific stock while keeping everything else regular price.

I guess the big issue is when Hasbro produces unwanted repaints, or produces wanted repaints as really limited exclusives.

Last edited by Shepp; 08-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote