Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #21
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: My thoughts on the POTP Dinobots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
We know that Hasbro can and is willing to do it, since Movie Grimlock has both a Voyager and a new Leader class coming out, and both Scorn and Sludge both had Voyager class figures as well.

The problem lies with the combining gimmick. If it were just G1 Dinos, I'm willing to bet Hasbro would have went larger with them. I guess only time will tell if that's something they ever want to do.
Yeah. It's definitely being forced into the POTP "ecosystem." I won't argue for a second that GRIMLOCK would be a better toy if he didn't also have to serve as a torso. The limbs less so in the sense that they still transform mostly in classic dinobot style.

Sky lynx had the same issue. I like the you quite a bit, but he suffers from having to serve as a (actually very good) torso.

Titans return did a great job handling the gimmick while presenting some unique and fun toys. Galvatron suffered from the gimmick, but most were awesome. Combining is harder to work around.

I'm of two minds. It would be nice to get a generations line based on great Transformers again, after several years of themes. But I can't deny the playability of titans return especially. My kids LOVE the head gimmick and tiny robots so fucking much.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:00 PM   #22
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yeah. It's definitely being forced into the POTP "ecosystem." I won't argue for a second that GRIMLOCK would be a better toy if he didn't also have to serve as a torso. The limbs less so in the sense that they still transform mostly in classic dinobot style.

Sky lynx had the same issue. I like the you quite a bit, but he suffers from having to serve as a (actually very good) torso.

Titans return did a great job handling the gimmick while presenting some unique and fun toys. Galvatron suffered from the gimmick, but most were awesome. Combining is harder to work around.

I'm of two minds. It would be nice to get a generations line based on great Transformers again, after several years of themes. But I can't deny the playability of titans return especially. My kids LOVE the head gimmick and tiny robots so fucking much.
I fully agree about the Titans stuff. It was a really great line. It dug up a lot of nostalgia for a lot of fans, and it was great to see kids playing with the same characters we had as kids. I remember getting my Dad to transform Kup back and forth for me because I liked when he did it. (I also didn't like the sound his arms made. ha ha)

Speaking of Sky Lynx. About two weeks ago I got to see an old Hasbro Sky Lynx concept that never made it past the drawing board. Literally. They were just sketches. But they were going to give him a robot mode. Kinda like the new Battletrap. The upper section had a shuttle, bird, robot, and shirt mode. The bottom had the lynx, an APC, a robot mode, and pants mode. The robot modes looked cool, and the combined robot looked a lot like a an autobot version of Predaking. It was really cool, but for whatever reason it never got past paper. A shame, because I have a new found love of Duocons after picking up Battletrap.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:52 PM   #23
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
As for my QC issues with Slag and Sludge, I don't seem to be alone. I've seen plenty of posts from others who have a Slag that won't hold together. I haven't seen much on Sludge yet.

However I think it's different figure to figure. Pretty sure Matrix Holder has no issues with his Slag, and he will find out tonight if his Sludge is better or worse than mine. I've considered taking mine back but he really doesn't look bad in his robot mode and that's the mode I care about over the others so the other modes are second fiddle to me at this point.
You sure arent alone, by Slag wont stay pegged in when in arm mode. That really sucks when Hasbro went out of its way to make them able to combine. He stays together in leg mode though since there are other parts keeping he bottom halves together.

I too thought of returning it, but since there was no way of me knowing if he next one I would get would be better, I chose to keep mine, and avoid further hassle. As you mention, they arent terrible on their own.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I'm going to try and combine them all tonight and see how well they hold up together.
My dinos are tight and tab in pretty securely, my biggest gripe other than them being too small is that they don't each come with a sword and a gun, I mean Wtf is that? I'm going to have to buy a 3rd opened swoop and slag so they can all have a gun and a sword.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 02-26-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote