Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Zellers BOGO Sale on Transformers March 16-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
How about taking a ToysRUs flier in every day that their sale is on and hitting them again and again with "Dare to Compare". Maybe then Z-management will get the message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTwistR View Post
Got it covered. Went in 2 nights ago flashed the TRUWebsite flyer at the casheir and got a DOTM Ark and a couple really over-priced deluxes for $43, instead of the $100 it would have cost at regular Zellers prices.
I tried to do this last night at the Jane & Finch Zellers and had the girl at customer service look me dead in the face and tell me that since the TRU flyer says "selection varies", that means that they can only price match the figure that is actually shown in the flyer.
After trying to explain how that makes absolutely no sense, I just took my flyer left the toys at the desk, exclaimed "That's bullshit!" and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ro View Post
I won't miss Zellers one bit. The closest one to me is turning into a smaller Wal-Mart, and Target isn't too far out of my normal toy loop. Their current 'liquidation' is a whopping 20% off all toys. *twirls finger*
Zeller's isn't going anywhere. Just some of their locations got bought by Target, not Zeller's proper.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #32
rego00123
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
What Zellers store was this?
brantford.
they kept telling me since they had a bogo sale it amounted to "a sales price" and they could not honor any price matching.

so i said "ok ill just get the voyager and leave the deluxe" and they gave me the same line.
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #33
joshimus
Metroplex

You guys need to remember that Zellers doesn't care. It's closing it's doors. Maybe not all at once, but they are and they think they can fool people. It's only people like us and parents that pay attention that know they can get on "on sale" Zellers Deluxe cheaper at regular price anywhere else. For all those other people who shop there religiously, they may think that's the new price all around.
Zellers is making a dash to make as much money back before stores close. This is why I refused to even ATTEMPT to look for RID when the first sightings hit Zellers. At that price point, I can wait for the inevitable TRU sales.
The funny thing is, for those employees that have no stake in the future of Zellers, why do they even care?! If I was working at a closing one I'd price match for 2 reasons:
a) To honour what Zeddy USED to stand for, "lowest price is the law" and price match is part of the policy
b) Spite. Cause i'd know Zellers is over-compensating to gain as much profit before stores close. Which while I respect that they may need to, screwing customers at the same time takes that respect away.
Oh well. I'd say "bring on Target" but honestly I dont give 2 shits about them either...
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #34
Mishap
Machine War

Since we're sharing tales of Zellers ripping us off (deliberately or otherwise), here's my "favourite," and a BOGO tale to boot. I went to one of their BOGO sales about a year ago at their Waterdown store. The sale was for ALL Transformer figures... up to 89.99. So that meant even if you were crazy enough to pay their $99.99 price for Ultimate Optimus, you couldn't get another TF for half price. Anyway, what I wanted was ROTF Leader Starscream, which I had put off buying, but they still had the odd one. Then I added in the Human Alliance black Bumblebee. So a $60 figure and half off the $40 figure. Not spectacular, but not terrible.

Before I left the department, one of the staffers suggested I check that the toys scan as BOGO. Not a bad idea. I'd had issues with Zellers not updating prices before, and I knew if there was going to be a problem, which figure it would be. Sure enough, Starscream did not scan as BOGO. It was almost certainly because it was an older figure, and nobody thought to change its price in the system. Bumblebee scanned fine.

So I went the checkouts anyway (because I know from my time at Wal-Mart that public scanners and checkout scanners could have different prices). And they're understaffed, so the Customer Service clerk rang me through. No BOGO. I brought it to her attention. She said it must not apply to all Transformers, even though it clearly said ALL in the flyer. She even had to call the toy department to confirm what was in the flyer in her hand.

I don't know how many times I tried to point out that it was the large robot that wasn't showing BOGO, but she kept telling me it was the car. So I reminded her that it applied to ALL Transformers figures, right in the flyer. Her response: it applies to action figures... that's a car. She said that.

Eventually I got my way, but I wasn't too impressed with the service. I have to hand it to Zellers... they're trying to make us not miss them when they're gone.

Quick aside: I bought a bag of chips at Zellers a couple weeks ago. Reg $2.79, on sale for $2.50. So it rings up at $2.99. They're not even trying anymore.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #35
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I miss seeing those Zeddy bears floating around the store hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #36
sikkbones
Banned

I don't feel at all bad for stocking up on leader ironhides last year during their bogo.... price error meant several family members got a leader figure for less than a pack of smokes.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #37
Cobra Zartan
Generation 2

Last week I went to zellers and scanned the DOTM commander/legends 2 packs and they came up as $9.99, so I seen they had a bogo and went back yesterday and picked them up and noticed that they just marked the stuff up 50% so I saved nothing. Went back today and scanned some other stuff, and sure enough all of the tf items were marked up 50%...bunch of scumbags.
Cobra Zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Zartan View Post
Last week I went to zellers and scanned the DOTM commander/legends 2 packs and they came up as $9.99, so I seen they had a bogo and went back yesterday and picked them up and noticed that they just marked the stuff up 50% so I saved nothing. Went back today and scanned some other stuff, and sure enough all of the tf items were marked up 50%...bunch of scumbags.
Seriously? That can't be legal or at least ethical. If they weren't closing I'd say we complain to the consumer protection board.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #39
rego00123
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
You guys need to remember that Zellers doesn't care. It's closing it's doors. Maybe not all at once, but they are and they think they can fool people. It's only people like us and parents that pay attention that know they can get on "on sale" Zellers Deluxe cheaper at regular price anywhere else. For all those other people who shop there religiously, they may think that's the new price all around.
Zellers is making a dash to make as much money back before stores close. This is why I refused to even ATTEMPT to look for RID when the first sightings hit Zellers. At that price point, I can wait for the inevitable TRU sales.
The funny thing is, for those employees that have no stake in the future of Zellers, why do they even care?! If I was working at a closing one I'd price match for 2 reasons:
a) To honour what Zeddy USED to stand for, "lowest price is the law" and price match is part of the policy
b) Spite. Cause i'd know Zellers is over-compensating to gain as much profit before stores close. Which while I respect that they may need to, screwing customers at the same time takes that respect away.
Oh well. I'd say "bring on Target" but honestly I dont give 2 shits about them either...
zellers isn't closing their doors everywhere, their leases are just held by target now and that wont change anything for those stores not being turned directly into and managed by the big bulls eye

as for my story, it ended with a call to corporate and a realization that the people running the show are just as crooked and uncaring as the people they employ.

he had no idea what i was even talking about when i explained everything to him and he admitted so. the call was basically one big "shrug" with a "what do you want me to do about it?" from them that took 30 minutes of my life away with it.

a person in CHARGE of HOW this place runs did not even understand his own sales or business practices...

i should also add this location REALLY needs to start actually checking if their elderly staff can even use the cash tills, phone system and scanners right. checking out for one item should not take 10 minutes of waiting for them to remember how to work things pertaining to their jobs. i am all for them working, but good lord...

ranting over =]

Last edited by rego00123; 03-19-2012 at 05:19 AM.
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #40
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Well for me, the recent problems I've had with Zellers aren't as a result of the people physically there being shitty. If anything, I've had nothing but positive shit come from the staff themselves. It's just looking to be a case of them being forced to operate under a really shitty roof that I know from experience can suck even more ass for them than it does for the consumer. It's like, you wanna do what's right, but often enough, common sense means nothing when compared to what you as employee of the store & corporation are able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote