Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Would you buy full sized Kabaya model kits?

I got Kabaya Buster & Hydra in the mail yesterday, and they're awesome! But as I was assembling them I though "It's too bad these aren't full sized."

So I got to thinking, would full sized Kabaya kits sell? They'd still be the same basic style that they are now, but be the actual size of the TF they are representing.

I'm not sure how guys like Fort Max or Overlord could be pulled off under this paradigm, But over all I think it would be cool.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: Would you buy full sized Kabaya model kits?

It would definietly have to depend on the price, as they would be competing with other Model kit lines like Gundam and LBX.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

How's the quality of the Kabaya kits? Would they hold up at normal scale? Never owned one.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Shockwave 75

The Kabaya kits are great! They're a really nice and cheap way to your hands on some figures/characters that you'd otherwise have to spend hundreds of dollars on.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

LOVE Kabaya.
Honestly, putting stickers on those little units is so fun.

If they made them full sized, I would buy for sure.
Just imagine how big the gum would be.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

For me, no. I got the fortmax they did and though it's great, I'm not sure it was worth the $35+ dollars I paid, and definitely not the $50 some places are charging.

I also have their Ultra Magnus and Rodimus. Neat, but when I think about it, I'd rather have spent the money on something else. Buy 2-3 Kabaya Kits and it's approaching the price of a Deluxe or a Voyager.

When I start making those comparisons, it's just not worth it in my eyes.

If they made full sized kits, they'd at least be two or three times the cost. Which would you rather have a Kabaya brick or a pose-able deluxe. Sure they're G1 characters, but I'd rather just go get the G1 figure/reissues/KOs.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Shockwave 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
For me, no. I got the fortmax they did and though it's great, I'm not sure it was worth the $35+ dollars I paid, and definitely not the $50 some places are charging.

I also have their Ultra Magnus and Rodimus. Neat, but when I think about it, I'd rather have spent the money on something else. Buy 2-3 Kabaya Kits and it's approaching the price of a Deluxe or a Voyager.

If they made full sized kits, they'd at least be two or three times the cost. Which would you rather have a Kabaya brick or a pose-able deluxe. Sure they're G1 characters, but I'd rather just go get the G1 figure/reissues/KOs.
Where the hell are you buying them from?! My Buster & Hydra cost me $5 each!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I wouldn't want them if they were scaled up to the size of the originals. The fun of them is that they're smaller, buildable versions of the originals.

What I would like to see, and I've been saying this ever since the first wave came out, is that they made larger, more elaborate, more detailed, more intricate ones that transform without parts-forming. Very much like Gundam model kits, but with Transformers. You know the ones that take like 10 hours to build.

I'd especially like to see versions intended for customizing. Cast in white plastic that take paint very well. Imagine having a Seeker model kit you could buy multiples of and repaint into Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm, Sun Storm, etc. And it could maybe even come with extra alternate parts to do the Coneheads and stuff too. And of course you could make your own OC repaints too.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

except you're comparing them price wise to new, modern deluxes.

The OG, KO and reissue g1 figures cost quite a bit more than you Generations or Baysformers figs do.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

considering the worst i've paid for one was $12 for overlord, that's a steal for a mold that can do almost all that the original can. would i buy at full size? no, i have the full sized ones, i would rather them stay small so i can sneak them into my micromaster display. If I want full size, i'll get the real one. or a reissue (no kos though)

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote