Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
Agent-GHQ
Re: New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers

What disturbs me about these TRU G1 is that they are slightly altered. Such as the missile launcher does not have the springs or the sharp missiles are flatten.

I'd prefer the Japanese ones.
Agent-GHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #22
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
What disturbs me about these TRU G1 is that they are slightly altered. Such as the missile launcher does not have the springs or the sharp missiles are flatten.

I'd prefer the Japanese ones.
Blame the guvmint and their safety laws. Unfortunate, but better than not getting reissues at all.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #23
Icetron

I'm curious to see what it is but I'm probably not going to pick up any.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #24
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

How about a Megatron with a red tip at the end just like the Masterpiece?
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #25
MrCHEESEMANn
Generation 2

G1 Devi :-)
MrCHEESEMANn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #26
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Grimlock View Post
What about a re-issue Shockwave????
Shockwave, like pretty much all the G1 toys that were actually worth a damn, was not made by Takara and therefore cannot be resissued. I think the original moulds have been lost by now as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #27
devilsknight
Banned
Re: New G1 Listing at TRU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
If memory serves me, when the TRU Commemorative Series was first issued the Autobot cars were $39.99 and the Decepticon seekers were $49.99. I honestly wouldn't expect Sky Lynx, or Metroplex for $49.99 as Powermaster Optimus Prime was around $79.99.
Yah I think they learned a hard lesson from the first two waves.

I remember Optimus and Ultra Magnus were $29.99 each and Starscream was $19.99

I went nuts buying them.

I stalled on the cars till they got marked down to $15 each !
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #28
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Maybe it's SDCC Universe Soundwave with just Buzzsaw and Ratbat for those of us who can't get SDCC Soundwave or for those of us who bought the Classics one and just want the other two cassetticons.

Or maybe it's just Universe SDCC Soundwave with a different box? Can anybody tell I really want that Soundwave figure? Sure I've got two versions of him already and still plan to get Soundblaster, but I really dig Soundwave and I can't pass up on the chance to score Ratbat who has to be one of my favorite Cassettes probably because of TFTM. Sure they were all cool, but Laserbeak, Ravage and Ratbat were the big three I couldn't get enough of. By the time I'm finished collecting G1 Cassetticons I'll have their molds seven times over. Except Ratbat. Unless Takara repaints Ratbat now that the work has been made on releasing him into a new character.

If it isn't SDCC Soundwave at Mass Retail which would get everybody who's buying the exclusive up in arms. (Though I kind of thought SDCC Soundwave was frowned upon and disliked because of the fact it's just another Soundwave with two new Cassettes? So maybe Hasbro decided to get their money's worth by mass marketing it through TRU, but I digress.) Anyway if it isn't Soundwave then the only other figure I can think it would be is another version of Starscream, due to his popularity, I would go so far as to say it could be a 25TH version of Starscream matching Takara's Book Style figure. Maybe with new accessories Crown, Shoulder Pads and Cape though I don't see how they could make G1 versions of those accessories.

Maybe it's Masterpiece Starscream? We didn't get him in Canada back when Wal-Mart had him? But then again the price deters it. Speculation is rampant, I really hope it's Soundwave though, I WANT/NEED Ratbat! (And you can never have too many Cassetticons.)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #29
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!
Re: New G1 Listing at TRU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
If memory serves me, when the TRU Commemorative Series was first issued the Autobot cars were $39.99 and the Decepticon seekers were $49.99. I honestly wouldn't expect Sky Lynx, or Metroplex for $49.99 as Powermaster Optimus Prime was around $79.99.
Actually the cars were $19.99 and the seekers were $29.99. At least that is what I got them for back in 02-03.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #30
tusko
Classic

I would like to get a Starscream, PowerMaster Optimus Prime with Apex armour and Ultra Magnus. Maybe a Red Alert and Sideswipe.

Mmmm, geewunny transformery goodness.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g1 commemorative series, toys r us canada