Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
I always loved Jetfire, but would there be any point to a MP of him? He'd be $$$!

I always loved my Jetfire. I almost got the one they just released but I haven't been collecting that line and I'm honestly not a fan of the more damaged, worn look it has. Personal preference I guess.

What would your thoughts be on a MP Jetfire? Sure he'd be amazing, but could anyone actually afford to BUY HIM? lol
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
OptimusB38
Optimus B
Re: I always loved Jetfire, but would there be any point to a MP of him? He'd be $$$!

I bought ft jetfire and couldn’t b happier. I think for the price he should have his own flight stand. Not having to depend on the one from ft Galvatron .
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
JonoPrime
Robot Master
Re: I always loved Jetfire, but would there be any point to a MP of him? He'd be $$$!

Interesting idea with a MP Jetfire, Darkmatter

I think youre correct about him being expensive, if Hasbro were to produce one. ... Given the prices of MP BW Dinobot & BW Megatron, it would be safe to assume it would be either on par, or quite possibly exceed those.

I havent paid much attention to the Third Party scene, but what little Ive heard those that have gone the 3P Jetfire route seem to be quite pleased. ... So that could be an indicator of what some are willing to pay for a collector type of bot.

Surprisingly the Siege version has a lot less “battle/weathering” paint app compared to the other bots in the line. ... However, as you said, it’s not for everyone.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
RocketGTR
Animated

FYI there are ways to remove the battle/weathering look from the figures so they look clean and pristine.

I have the Fanstoys Phoenix too and I'm quite happy with him.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Fantoys Phoenix, hmm I'll check him out.

You guys think they'll ever do a Galvatron? I mean, they sort of have to if they want all the leaders done, but who knows when. Just out of curiosity, is there a good 3rd party "MP-like" Gavatrons?

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Fantoys Phoenix, hmm I'll check him out.

You guys think they'll ever do a Galvatron? I mean, they sort of have to if they want all the leaders done, but who knows when. Just out of curiosity, is there a good 3rd party "MP-like" Gavatrons?

Thanks!
FT Sovereign is the best 3P Galvatron around
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #7
optimusb39
Animated

Agreed ^^
Had to sell mine regretably but he is top notch quality
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:11 PM   #8
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Yep FT Galvatron is sick, as for an official, it’d b too costly for us.
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:16 PM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I'm curious how the new MP Prime is going to do with its monstrous price tag.

The only thing that will see a reversal in MPs increasing (and absurd) cost is the market saying nah.

And when you have 3P offerings that are as good or better, for LESS...

I hate 3p but I'd rather go that direction if I was to go MP collecting. The QC issues on Dinobot and BW Megatron alone show the extra dollars aren't quite going where they should...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:44 AM   #10
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

FT Phoenix is worth getting as a MP class figure even if you have the Siege version. If you can’t swing for the X version just get the regular one.

MP-44 will do well enough. TakaraTomy just follows Bandai, Sentinel, Flame Toys - sell less at premium pricing and maintain the margin for their MPs and new Diaclones. The days of MP on clearances are long gone. Even the top tier third party prices are creeping up anyway. I have my concerns with MP Beast Wars Megatron and MPM Megatron but they seems to be fine.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote